Disgusting creatures! Who has a Jawa?

</SPAN><TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color>TallDarkandDisfigured wrote:<HR></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color>I haven't started my head yet. Wampa, where did you get the domes for the eyes? And what exactly are the differences between the ANH and ROTJ?</TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE><SPAN CLASS=$row_color>

Small plastic shop in NYC. they come in a strip of 8 different sized domes. They are clear with amber lighting gel and flashlight lamps/reflectors behind.

As for the diffs:

ANH- tall, human shaped head with lower eyes. The eyes in the film were attatched over the actors cheeks and the face cover had HUGE holes for the actors to see out of. The eyes were attatched to the head with black gaffer tape (very sloppily, i might add). This tape made the eyes look "squinty". Some used swimming goggles as domes (of which some were flat and some were bubbled).

Hands were leather gloves or monster hands(tough to tell) and had fur on the backs of the hands.

Some of the hoods in ANH tied in the back.

The robes were rich brown and some a more orange color (look at the droid sale, you'll see both) Later one of these lighter colored ones was used to give Lak Sivrak a cloak int the CA pick-up shots for the Cantina. which leads us too...

ROTJ- Wider, more structured head, with a scrim to see through. The eyes are higher, more "eye level". The eyes are on an oval mount and clean circles.

The robe colors were lighter and more orange. These are on the MOM display. My guess is these are the same robes used in ANH, just the lighter,orange-y ones.

TPM- Different pattern (more sophisticated with seperate sleeves) Different fabric (darker and more square pattern on the texture) More "neck in the hood, looking like a scarf.

I cheated my ANH's to look a little cleaner but still squinty. I've since made them a little more "wonky". I still may go back and go full on screen used look with gobs of gaffer tape and eys pointing every which way
icon_smile.gif

tom

Well I guess I'll be doing an ESB version. A little of this a little of that. I like the darker robes but also like the look of the jersey gloves on the ROTJ. As for the eyes, I saw a production pic somewhere that showed the eyes to be those outdoor christmas bulbs taped on the cheeks. But that might have been for the background Jawas. Anywho I hope to get mine going again soon so I can post some pics. I have been on a search for a styrofoam head, but no luck.

One more thing, does anyone do a resin kit for the Ion blaster?

Here is a blaster I had put up here a while back. It's not resin, however. I've made some adjustments to the launcher adaptor since but I haven't put up recent photos yet. I have some references on this blaster. I hope the pic works. Since there's no more photopoint, I'm currently trying photoisland.
Give me a shout if you're interested.
chance_cal@hotmail.com
thanks,
Cal
10132023lg.jpg

TallDarkAndDisfigured,
No problem. I may consider a trade if you've got any extra prop stuff just lying around
icon_biggrin.gif

later,
Cal

Hey Tom,

Where did the hairy hands come from?
I was just flipping through the Chronicles just now which show ANH jawas with the darker robes and squinty eyes, and the gloves worn are the same jersey gloves as used in DCB's ROTJ version.

Got any pics of hairy handy jawas?
icon_biggrin.gif

</SPAN><TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color>Oohyeah KL wrote:<HR></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color>Hey Tom,

Where did the hairy hands come from?
I was just flipping through the Chronicles just now which show ANH jawas with the darker robes and squinty eyes, and the gloves worn are the same jersey gloves as used in DCB's ROTJ version.

Got any pics of hairy handy jawas?
icon_biggrin.gif
</TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE><SPAN CLASS=$row_color>

watch the movie
icon_smile.gif
those pics are post production. Check out the scene where they add the restraining bolt and ESPECIALLY the one that strokes Luke's speeder.
tom

Wow! What a turn out! Thanks everyone for the pics, and now I have a source for the ammo pouches as well. I've made the Home Depot run, and have most of the parts that I will need. Still trying to decide how to do the eyes, though. I still have two questions...

1. Does anyone have a source for the styrofoam heads? I bought a 6 inch styrofoam ball, but would like something larger.

2. Any kits out there for the blaster?

Thanks!

Hey Wampa,

Though I really, really like your Jawas( though I'd like to see a slightly fuller hood). That power droid is amazing!

</SPAN><TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color>Zaphod wrote:<HR></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color>Hey Wampa,

Though I really, really like your Jawas( though I'd like to see a slightly fuller hood). That power droid is amazing!
</TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE><SPAN CLASS=$row_color>

thanks! that was kind of a thrown together thing. Kmart tubs and some ducting and of course, krylon spraypaint.
icon_smile.gif

as for the jawa hoods, that's just how i had em on for the pics, they're pretty big hoods, actually. it's all in how ya pose em. On the one with the really tight sideways oval, i was goin for the look of the guy who shoots R2. he had his shut down pretty tight
tom

Damn Wampa, I just noticed, you put eye-lids on one of them, fantastic.
I've got to build one. I found complete instuctions on ezboards, before it got overtaken by pop-ups. It looks like it'll be a bit pricey though.
Though just to be different, I'm thinking about putting a motion sensor in it linked to the blaster so that it "shoots" when someone goes by. I'm affraid I'm too much of an electronics nitwit to link a U'tinni shout with it. It'd be cool though.

</SPAN><TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color>Zaphod wrote:<HR></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color> Damn Wampa, I just noticed, you put eye-lids on one of them, fantastic.
I've got to build one. I found complete instuctions on ezboards, before it got overtaken by pop-ups. It looks like it'll be a bit pricey though.
Though just to be different, I'm thinking about putting a motion sensor in it linked to the blaster so that it "shoots" when someone goes by. I'm affraid I'm too much of an electronics nitwit to link a U'tinni shout with it. It'd be cool though.</TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE><SPAN CLASS=$row_color>

hehehe good idea! first u gotta make one strong enough to hold the damn blaster! frikkin heavy!

yeah, i did the eyelids on both ANH ones. (one more squinty than the other). I used black gaffer tape but did it under the black hood so they'd look a little cleaner. I may still change it to tape on the outside, just all messy and sloppy like the real ones. Guess i'm a little spoiled by lookin at the ROTJ one at MOM.

tom

Doesn't Radio Crap sell those recorders that hold like 20 or 30 seconds of sound? You could probly record the Utinni yell and the blaster shot on it, then hook it up with your sensor.

Are there any patterns or measurements to show how to do the cloak?

I'm gonna keep posting that so save yourselves some time and answer it
icon_lol.gif

This thread is more than 21 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back