Diegator's Grey Fox / Cyborg Ninja *COMPLETED*

Re: Diegator's Grey Fox / Cyborg Ninja WIP

So the weather has been really crappy and non-conducive to making progress with the helmet. So in the mean time, I took the liberty of creating an "engineering" drawing of the helmet:
helmet%2520capture.JPG

Very detailed blue prints!
Everything is looking great. I hope the hinge system works.
Have you thought about a button latch, hinges, and some springs to open and close the face plate?

Very detailed blue prints!
Everything is looking great. I hope the hinge system works.
Have you thought about a button latch, hinges, and some springs to open and close the face plate?

I have hinges that I mocked up on the master and work great. I have a servo motor hooked up to a picaxe board that seems to have enough power to move the plate if it is leveled with the ground. I also have some low powered magnets and some high power rare earth magnets.
So, I'll be doing a lot of playing around when I finish the final cast! many options to explore. Only waiting for a clear day when I can go work on the mother mold outside.

Very nice progress you have made on the helmet. I can't wait to see what you come up with for the hinge system. I have been wanting to do this costume as well for a while. I haven't come up with a good hinge system but I haven't really given the hinges any serious thought yet.

Anyways, I know it is a little late to share reference pics but here is what I collected while planning my build:

http://sdrv.ms/WnKjU7

Very nice progress you have made on the helmet. I can't wait to see what you come up with for the hinge system. I have been wanting to do this costume as well for a while. I haven't come up with a good hinge system but I haven't really given the hinges any serious thought yet.

Anyways, I know it is a little late to share reference pics but here is what I collected while planning my build:

http://sdrv.ms/WnKjU7

Thanks for the reference pics! It's never too late.... although it would have sure been nice to see Omi's helmet up close beforehand. Also, it's cool to see my logo among them pics... I have to say, i'm honored :p

I've been itching to finish the rest of my cast and get on with the hinge installation, but damn the holidays and damn them family visitors.
I also started making the patterns for the rest of the exo skeleton, from scracth, but debating on just making a 3D model and making a pep file, specially after seeing JFcustom's guyver pep work.

I promise more updates on this build after Jan 5th.
Stay tuned!

I'm impressed with the build of your helmet!! Please keep updating the thread!!

I gotta say its looking great! Like someone earlier said if you want to make some kits they'd be in high demand!

I'm trying to find a good pep-file on Grey Fox along with other Metal Gear files. Anybody have any links or suggestions? Lastnight I had made a 'base-helmet' from EVA Foam that resembles Grey Fox but I wasn't quite happy with the way it turned out, but then again I am an amateur at this still. Anyways, any suggestions or links would be greatly appreciated!

Ok, after a long hiatus, I have some progress pictures!
IMG_6068.JPG

I got casting materials and time
IMG_6064.JPG

And best of all...
it fits!
IMG_6062.JPG

(i'm holding the pieces against my head)

Bad news is that there isn't a lot of space left for servos, but there's space for hinges, so I can definitely articulate it, but probably not motorize it :(

Ok, after a long hiatus, I have some progress pictures!

I got casting materials and time

And best of all...
it fits!

(i'm holding the pieces against my head)

Bad news is that there isn't a lot of space left for servos, but there's space for hinges, so I can definitely articulate it, but probably not motorize it :(

You could put the servos in your suit somewhere and run a cable system to the helmet to motorize the faceplates... kind of like a lot of the Iron Man helmets out there.

You could put the servos in your suit somewhere and run a cable system to the helmet to motorize the faceplates... kind of like a lot of the Iron Man helmets out there.

I think I found a place for them between my cheeck bones and my ears. It's tight, but there's definitely room. Otherwise, ther cables also seem like a good alternative.

Looks nice! You should tape the pieces together and take a pic so we get a better pic of what it looks like being worn. I'm sure this question has been asked but are you planning on selling any castings?

Looks nice! You should tape the pieces together and take a pic so we get a better pic of what it looks like being worn. I'm sure this question has been asked but are you planning on selling any castings?

Right now it all depends on wether I feel like expending the effort in making additional castings. It's more complicated and more time consuming than I thought it'd be, so we'll see. Also, i'm not very satisfied with the quality of the castings, and I'll be hesitant to sell something I'm not entirely proud of.

Looking good! I agree that you should tape it together for a better pic.

Alright, as requested here are some pictures with the helmet taped up.

IMG_6070.JPG

IMG_6071.JPG

Grey Fox is not impressed
IMG_6077.JPG

The good news is that I was able to fit the servos in there with little problem.
The bad news is that I'm having doubts as to whether the assembly will be stable enough to hold itself only by the hinges. Taping it required 3 support points for every piece, and it was pretty stable that way... 1 support per piece with the hinges might be a stretch. Hopefully I won't have to wait till the weekend to see if it works.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back