Dewy and Anakin Starkiller's Accurate Obi-Wan Kenobi Episode 1 Lightsaber Design

Heyyyyy so here are some pulled from equipment from the 80s. Mine have codes on the top and some anodizing came off

92346135-D33F-4C11-AE78-AC617886A048.jpeg
B3F4AE6A-A11A-4D5C-A45F-FF3F9886D356.jpeg
5CA8A759-66F7-48CB-B642-A2025D92DA0D.jpeg
72666796-A449-4945-A2D7-39B6E9CA3410.jpeg
7A868D1D-07DF-4E53-8646-329774BAF079.jpeg

Just occurred to me.. I wonder if qui gon’s saber is lighter. We see the metal in between the Obi wan grip rings.. and qui gons core just looks to be solid resin

Here are the masses from Solidworks. While I don't think the numbers are super accurate to reality, the relative difference between the two is probably reasonable.

Not sure why the QGJ looks so much longer than the Obi-Wan, just perspective I guess.

Capture.PNG

Here are the masses from Solidworks. While I don't think the numbers are super accurate to reality, the relative difference between the two is probably reasonable.

Not sure why the QGJ looks so much longer than the Obi-Wan, just perspective I guess.

View attachment 1583434
I think it's because the pommel is rounded and not flat. Bit of an illusion :)

In case anyone is wondering. I'm waiting to hear back on quotes from a couple of shops. Once I have the numbers, I'll start a sign-up thread in the Junkyard and start taking numbers. (This will be an old style run, where you commit to buy and then play the waiting game with all of us)

Then we move on to prototyping!... That's where the fun begins :)

In case anyone is wondering. I'm waiting to hear back on quotes from a couple of shops. Once I have the numbers, I'll start a sign-up thread in the Junkyard and start taking numbers. (This will be an old style run, where you commit to buy and then play the waiting game with all of us)

Then we move on to prototyping!... That's where the fun begins :)
Sounds good. Put me on that list no matter what.

It means a lot to see so many people as passionate about this project as Anakin Starkiller and I are! I am really excited to see the results of the hours and hours and hours spent staring at reference photos, doing tedious perspective matching, and iterating the model again and again come to fruition! I know we still have a long road ahead with manufacturing, but I wanted to personally thank this community!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back