Dewy and Anakin Starkiller's Accurate Obi-Wan Kenobi Episode 1 Lightsaber Design

Wow! I had never seen the first photo of the salt & pepper shaker with the cap off and blade in.

Yes sir--it's new to me as well. Starkiller posted it here last fall: New model for OWK three holes saber...

Re-reading that thread now, I see that he also observed that the pommel cubes on that version appear to be chromed resin.

I'm very curious if any TPM heroes had chromed resin cubes as well, as the cubes in certain promo shots look shinier to me, as I mentioned above.

Yes sir--it's new to me as well. Starkiller posted it here last fall: New model for OWK three holes saber...

Re-reading that thread now, I see that he also observed that the pommel cubes on that version appear to be chromed resin.

I'm very curious if any TPM heroes had chromed resin cubes as well, as the cubes in certain promo shots look shinier to me, as I mentioned above.
They’re chrome in that first photo but appear to be aluminum in other photos.

Modern versions on the left, wrong stem, too shallow knurling but a good size. On the right, correct stem, *correct angle* but big knurling on the right, may not be tall enough. I can easily see cutting the O ring section off the left one to match the prop with threading right at the surface
65474E0E-8B81-4749-84E8-8CEC8AAD0071.jpeg
5DD881A2-82A7-401A-BE23-72BACF4EE4DF.jpeg
254593D4-AB45-43ED-B19B-6B355A69C220.jpeg

Last edited:
Modern versions on the left, wrong stem. On the right, correct stem but too big knurling on the right. I can easily see cutting the O ring section off the left one to match the prop with threading right at the surface

The right one has the correct 45 degree knurling too. The other 2 have 30 degree knurling.

Okay, so I have an update on the "brass valve":

Capture.PNG

I had long been considering the possibility that it wasn't a Presta/Schrader Valve Adapter. It seems like too many of the prequel saber parts are aerospace related, so I thought I would look in that realm. thd9791 and I had been bouncing some ideas off each other when I stumbled upon the Parker Hannifin Model #20-6 "3/8 in. x 1/4 in. Barb Brass Plug". This is a simple plug used to plug the ends of open pneumatic flexible hoses:

Parker 20-6.PNG

The sizing looked correct, the knurling looks perfect, the only problem was the stem and the fact that the inner diameter wasn't threaded. Anyways I picked a few up, and after 10 minutes of easy modification I'm pretty happy with the results. All it took was cutting down the stem with a hack saw, and tapping the ID with (in this case) an M6 tap.

Capture1.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Capture3.PNG

I'm not saying this is exactly what was used, but it's a possibility, and a good option readily available for cheap:

Yes! There are two versions, one with a covered front and a rear tube drilled out half the length. The other has the hole in the front, and is only half deep.

if it WAS threaded, I'd be very interested to talk about the inner greeblie when that time comes

Yes! There are two versions, one with a covered front and a rear tube drilled out half the length. The other has the hole in the front, and is only half deep.

if it WAS threaded, I'd be very interested to talk about the inner greeblie when that time comes

In my mind the prop makers threading something to attach the saber is just as likely as them filing down a valve adapter to be shorter.

If we look at the featureless stunt sabers we can see the filled in remnants of the hole used to attach the brass knob. It is much too small for them to have used the external threads on the valve adapters.

32F4E8B6-3B9B-437A-9786-8C048105A4A2.jpeg

I always assumed they used a set screw or small threaded rod to attach to the internal threads of the brass knob, similar to how the Jedi Vic replica worked. The purple hemi was then either integral to this attachment method (some threaded rods have painted ends to indicate size/material/etc) or was a small greeblie to cover up the threaded rod/screw like the small painted rivet that came with the Jedi Vic replica.

Jedi Vic 3 Piece Replica with modified Parker Plug (left):
87545F6C-72EC-462C-A1AE-3AD77E462B08.jpeg

Jedi Vic Purple Rivet in Modified Parker Plug:
5FDDDBCE-20A2-4095-A476-CE7B65ECFEF8.jpeg

oh gosh, I bet they're all a little different. I can use a magnifying glass and find a small one on mine!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back