Destiny 2 - Hunter, Warlock and Titan [ON HOLD]

pazscall

Hi all,

Welcome to my Destiny 2 build WIP.

destiny2.jpg

I'm going to be making a Warlock, Hunter and Titan costume for my kids. The goal is going to be to finish by end of April, in time for the Calgary Comic Expo.

I started the build back in November, taking the time now over the Christmas Holidays to do a write up before I go on vacation.

Reference Pictures

I started by finding a few reference pictures.
I found these on the Bungie Destiny 2 Artist Reference Portal

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/46035

1920x1242_HunterRef.jpg1920x1242_WarlockRef.jpg1920x1242_TitanRef.jpg
Models - Pepakura Files

I then went on a search to try and find some pepakura files that could help me build the armor and helmet, that's went I stumbled upon this article on facepunch.com detailing a way to extract 3d models from this website https://lowlidev.com.au/destiny/gear-viewer

Once I had these models I was able to import them into Blender and simplify them so that I could import them into Pepakura.
Screen Shot 2017-12-11 at 10.21.11 AM (2).pngScreen Shot 2017-12-06 at 9.15.01 AM (2).png

titan_pepakura.jpg

Using the pepakura model I imported them into Armor Smith and sized them to my sons sizes
Titan_armorsmith.jpg

I refined the pepakura templates to simplify the for a EVA foam build and printed them out.

Prototypes

Some of the pepakura couldn't be refined (well not with my skills), so I decided to build a prototype so that I could test the Size and create better templates from them.
I Build the helmets and some of the rounder pieces in cheaper 6mm foam rolls that I got from CanadianTire.

IMG_3245.JPGIMG_3249.JPGIMG_3265.JPG

I then wrapped the piece in plastic wrap and covered it in duck tape. I drew the pattern that I needed on and then cut it out and unfolded it. Once I had a smoother pattern I stared building the final piece in 10mm foam and smooth EVA foam that I got from TNT cosplay and justbecos.ca

IMG_3261.JPGIMG_3250.JPGIMG_3263.JPG

You can see the difference the duck tape pattern gives. It has allot less seem lines and will be easier to finish and smooth out

IMG_3269.JPGIMG_3273.JPG

Ghosts

I also started working on some Ghosts. I've made them out of foam core board (since I don't have a 3D printer)

Ghosts.pngIMG_3266.JPGIMG_3267.JPG

Since I wasn't able to align the top and bottom correctly, I decided to build half the Ghost and Mold and Cast it (unless I get a 3D printer for Christmas :D )

IMG_3277.JPG

Last edited:
Well, after tending to a few sick kids, I’m finally back at it.

Got a new toy for the holidays so I decided to put it to work.

b224c170db0c7390cfd132f96fa56266.jpg

f47d4e57070e05f79f5c4f6c5baa34f9.jpg

94ca16c17d383b5acda691c6901de9f7.jpg

Still need to clean it up and glue it but it’s looking good.

I also started working on the Titan leg armor

68533842c335f7dbdaf4166b1e6d8971.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty nifty! If you ever need images for the Warlock, I have the 3A-Destiny Warlock figure I can post for reference pictures if you like. The level is detail is pretty darn good and very accurate.

Shin armor done
ee1e8cbb491cf9b0734a3cc452b14c15.jpg

And the first ghost also
c6c3607faad57abaf00cb2cc8a413d80.jpg

Working on putting together the warlock ghost now

b00a3a23637fb06b98f68fa0d5c1bc18.jpg

Next goal the titan ghost, titan knee pad and gauntlets.

Those ghosts look really good, they just need some TLC with some sandpaper to get rid of those printer lines! For the small areas of sanding, I suggest sanding files, sanding twigs, or sanding cones. I also highly suggest applying automotive Rust-oleum filler-primer and then sanding it down once it has dried. That will GREATLY increase the realism/detail of anything 3D printed! Then add a great paint job and viola!

While this is the project I will be working on shortly, the tools/items lists and the general steps which are listed are still valid. Give this a look-see and tell me if it helps! https://niemann3d.com/pages/car-smg-build

Last edited:
Those ghosts look really good, they just need some TLC with some sandpaper to get rid of those printer lines! For the small areas of sanding, I suggest sanding files, sanding twigs, or sanding cones. I also highly suggest applying automotive Rust-oleum filler-primer and then sanding it down once it has dried. That will GREATLY increase the realism/detail of anything 3D printed! Then add a great paint job and viola!

While this is the project I will be working on shortly, the tools/items lists and the general steps which are listed are still valid. Give this a look-see and tell me if it helps! https://niemann3d.com/pages/car-smg-build

Definitely on my todo list. Most likely will be getting to that after I finish more of the other costumes.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back