Design the Spring 2012 RPF Shirt - Win $300!

Art Andrews

Community Owner
Community Staff
Hello, all.

Our RPF shirts for 2011 were a huge hit and we have had a ton of requests for more shirts to be made. We would like to begin offering two runs of shirts a year; one in the spring, shortly before convention season, and one in the fall, shortly before Christmas.

attachment.php

Here is last year's shirt, which is the first to utilize our new logo! While you seemed to like it pretty well, creativity isn't exactly our strong suit... but we know it is yours! With that in mind, we'd like you to show us what you think is a cool design for the next shirt! We will take designs through the end of January and we will pick a final design shortly afterwards. While we may modify the final design, the designer we choose will get $300 and 3 shirts in their choice of sizes.

Please use the high res copy of our logo attached in the bottom of this post.

Some things to consider when making a design:

• You must include the official RPF Logo and "therpf.com" somewhere in your design.
  • While it isn't a requirement, we would prefer you use "the RPF" instead of "the Replica Prop Forum" if you choose to use our name.
  • Please keep the design to 4 colors or less if possible.
  • While you may use gradients, the fewer and more simple the better.
  • Please do not use photo-realistic artwork.
  • Please do not use clearly copy-written images (no Iron Man, etc).
  • Please do not gear the artwork towards a single franchise.

Feel free to post your designs here or to email them directly to admin@moviepropsites.com with the Subject line "2012 RPF Shirt Design." Please note, all designs may be posted here.

Legal notice:

If you are chosen as the winner of this contest, you irrevocably grant to MPS, its affiliates and distributors, a worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive, and fully sub-licensable license, to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, translate, publicly perform, publicly display, create derivative works from, transfer, transmit and distribute on the Services, in connection with promotion or elsewhere, such artwork (in whole or in part) and to incorporate the artwork into other works in any format or medium now known or later developed. The foregoing grants shall include the right to exploit any proprietary rights in such artwork, including but not limited to rights under copyright, trademark, service mark or patent laws under any relevant jurisdiction. You agree that the foregoing grant of rights by you to MPS is provided without any the entitlement of payment of fees or consideration beyond the $300 prize being offered in this contest.

While I am not sure if it would inspire anyone, this was a rough idea I had a couple of years ago... and again, I am not very creative and am not an artist, so don't laugh, but I thought it would be clever to have shirt with a replica resin copy of "the RPF" with a mold sitting behind it, as if it had been freshly popped out of the mold. Anyway, that was my idea, but I can't draw well enough to ever have made anything from it, and I wasn't sure it was all that great of an idea to begin with. But for whatever it is worth, here was my idea.

View attachment 78565

Art, this is a great idea! I've got an idea but it incorporates the other symbols as well...any chance to get the hi res versions of those as well?

Can't wait to enter

Can it be just an idea/concept drawing like your molded RPF design,
or does it have to be something that's more or less "printer ready"?

Shylaah

What I put above was just an idea, not even a finished shirt design. While your entry doesn't have to be "printer ready" it does need to be a complete design and if it is graphic in nature, it needs to be a complete graphic... we don't mind moving a few elements around but we don't want to have to pay a second artist to redraw the entire thing. Does that make sense?

Can it be just an idea/concept drawing like your molded RPF design,
or does it have to be something that's more or less "printer ready"?

Shylaah

Oh, well, I can forget it then, cause I can't draw that well!
And don't have a real proper graphics program anyway.....
Besides, I like Jannix's 2012 one......

Shylaah

I have an idea, if someone wants to take it and make it, and it wins, I just want $100.00 idea fee. LOL

But the RPF logo on the front breast area of the shirt and the back Spelling R P F using various props to make up the letters.

Maybe a light saber for the | part of the R, a sankara stone at a 90 degree angle attached for the U part of the R, something else for the \ , etc etc. For each letter just using as many fandom props as possible

with the collab, create , collect tag line and the web addy under it.

I could sketch it out but I lost my unsavory photoshop suite download when the last round of RPF advertising viruses made me wipe my harddrive lol Karma I guess.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back