Desert Storm Foam Bat- Con Pics up- Project done - For now

Re: Desert Storm Batman- foam build

yeah, I am free handing this with lots of pics and lots of poster board and sharpee work.

I mock up a piece with poster board, tape it all together, make adjustments and then un tape it and transfer to foam.

After weeks of waiting I finally heard back from Faraz Mobin, so here's hoping I can get the 3D Model from him to help you with reference. I'm actually not making pepakura files anymore but I have a friend who wants the files to make pep files from the 3D Model so hopefully that will help you out Shades.
BTW, I think it might have been you who was at D*C last year when I was doing a panel with some other people on costuming.

Shades has a pep file of the Future Batman mask. I gave it to him originally. It was modeled by Paul aka Robo by me from a commission.

I am at the office right now and don't have it. But I am sure Shades will share. Or do a search for the original thread I started about it. I posted it there.

Shades you should post your own unfold you did that you used for foam. That looks great.

Shoulder bells in with "lensed" bat mask.

shoulder bells and mask sans lens.

I keeping going back and forth on the lenses. I ordered some gold lenses to see what that looks like. I don't think the silver "pops"

@ Jordan-

Thanks dude. When I did my war machine, the foam files were not released so I got lots of practice converting the robo files to foam. I honestly love the EVA foam. I am only about 1 month in and the upper body is almost done. If I don't like a piece, I just scrap it and take 30 minutes to make another.

I prefer with the lenses.. and don't forget to get a ski mask, balaclava, under armor thing to cover your hairy head, lol.

I am not sure if this will be fixed once biceps are complete. But the shoulders look like they need to be tightened into your arm more.. but then again the bicep may fill that in. IDK

I have my own very special set of Foam Files I had Paul aka Robo mod for me awhile back. Slowly starting to use them now.

first, i think youre doing an awesome job

that said, im not a fan of the dcuo mask at all

also, i dont think the tdk/begins cowl fits either

i think, in this case with the heavy armor, batman would probably wear something that covers his whole face

cheers
EoS

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back