Desert Storm Foam Bat- Con Pics up- Project done - For now

Shades

Re: Desert Storm Batman- foam build

Gauntlets done. Should of used 6mm foam to get them to wrap better. Forced it to work with 1/2 inch. Upsized them slightly for exaggeration. I want it to look MEAN. lol

Graphic Jordan

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Shades build out the bicep pieces and throw that bad boy on for a fitting. I can do a photoshop color manip on it too.

TitaniumBat

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

This build is really turning out to be quite amazing. I love the beefier gauntlets and can't wait to see what you do with the bicepts.

Graphic Jordan

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Shades. I'm sure you already have these. But if you don't, here are some ref images I found of the model. Click to enlarge of course, lol.

Shades

@ Jordan-

balaclava is in the mail and shoulders are still pulled more with the new harness I made.

The biceps are mostly done but I set them aside to start the boots. I will get them finished and bug my roomate a take a pic. I would greatly appreciate a color map to play around with color schemes. I am still not sure how I am going to do this. I really want to go after the digital camo but I also like the stone grey with dark gold accents. (besides, this would be WAY easier then painting digital). On the other hand, I have the time to do digital and it is an excuse to get my spray gun set from Harbor Freight.

Shades

@ Sauron,

You are right that heavy armor probably requires a heavy mask, but at the comic cons and Halloween contests in Ohio they tend to be less aware of such things. I build these things for competitions and I need it to look like batman so I want to keep some of the signature aspects of the suit. I want batman, just a bad ass looking version of him. That includes an open mouth mask. It is also part of the reason I don't want lenses in the mask either. Also, I spend last year (about 20+ hours) in the warmachine suit with the heavy ass mini gun on the shoulder. I want something a little more wearable and tailored this year. Not being able to talk or drink adult beverage in a suit is annoying. : /

Shades

@ Jordan-

You dont have me. I am Keith Charles- Wisconsin Alum- Cleveland Ohio. Profile pic is me looking serious business in a suit on some steps.

Shades

I can't post a link to my profile. Work filter blocks FB. I ll put one up later when I am home.

Farazmobin47

Definitely do the Desert Camo... it will look different than any batman we saw in a costume.

EyeofSauron

Master Member

im not sure, how hard is it to do a chocolate chip camouflage paintjob? im guessing its a butload of work, seeing how small the single parts are on the 3d model

Shades

@ Faraz

Welcome! good to have you here. I guess I have to do the camo paint job lol. I have about three different ways I can attempt it and lots of scrap material to practice on. I will figure something out. I always do.

Maybe you can help me... it is clearly digital camo would you call it urban or desert? Did you select a real life digital camo or make your own?

Thanks-

Shades

Farazmobin47

its desert digital camo , but the colors are darker specially the browns,, they are more darker and slightly redish.

DesertKnight

Hurmmm, you could potentially print out sheets of digital camo print, and then paste or lacquer it onto the armor pieces somehow. I don't quite know how that would turn out, but I bet that would save you a lot of time if you could make it look good and integrated.

Shades

@Faraz- thanks for making it easy lol!

@Desert Knight- I don't think printed paper will have any durability. It could maybe if the piece was rigid, but the foam flexes.

Graphic Jordan

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Sick bro! Love the progress. Plasti-Dip did mention via their Facebook account that Camo colors would be coming soon.

They also have new finishing sprays of metallic golds, silvers and blacks. Check their site.