Desert Storm Foam Bat- Con Pics up- Project done - For now

Re: Desert Storm Bat- now with 110% more foamy glory!

MOAR BOOTS.

Added inset details. Waiting for my circle templates for the iron man-esque circles on the ankles. I have learned, that I can't free draw of cut circles and I just get mad everytime I try to use them.

Also started on the neo-prene capris. Yes. Capris. Very european. Pics tomorrow of the shorts.

To go before paint stage.
1. Do thighs. Research. Create templates. cut foam. glue to shorts.
2. Add details on shoulder bells. Need decorative armor plates and teeny tiny bat emblems.

then PLASTI DIP. LOTS OF PLASTI DIP.

Got the bells done before the superbowl. They need a little more trim work, but I ll do that when I get all the foam done and get out my touch up tool to clean up the whole suit.

thighs up next, clean up then ready for priming.

im impressed bro keep up the good work!!!! freakin awesome...

I didn't have the bells done at this time so these are a little out of sequence.

Using the TDR cowl in place of the DC Universe Foam one I made from GraphicJordan's files.

When I get the suit all done I will make a call which one to use. I am think I may finish this in two stages. Paint/ prime the suit in black/ gunmetal and use the future mask take it to a con, then finish with the digital and gold highlights and use the standard rubber cowl like Faraz's design.

Cut the templates for the thighs last night. Desert Storm Bat is not shaped like a regular person. Hope to cut the foam tonight so I can close out stage one of this build.

LOVE IT! Use the Future Mask... I know this is a bit biased, lol, but I feel it fits the nature of this suit better. Or if you do go with a Begins, or TDK invest in a quality one and not the Rubies.. ha! Not trying to diss it in any way.. take this as creative criticism.. the suit ROCKS BRO!

WOW, I love this build, love the boots. Awesome work dude. can't wait to see more.

Holy crap!! that is one fabulous build bro!!! glad you did not abandon it!!

@Jordan-

I struggled with that. I did look at a lot of Reev cowls and they are amazing, but they kind of blow my budget for this build. I want this to be under $200. A cowl blows my budget in a heart beat when with a little modification, the rubies will work fine and I still have the future mask (thanks to you kindly releasing your pep).

Also, I know I am going to wear this to one con and halloween and then sell it for the next project. War Machine is currently living with a nice couple in hong kong. A cowl take s my margin out on the project and will double my start point on the sale. : /

Also, I am doing a wonder woman and arkham robin to go with this. And I need to buy raw materials for those. Basically, I am being cheap. If I was only making one suit this year, I would go for a professional cowl.

@ Faraz- Thanks for your encouragement. It means a lot.

my personal oppinion, im not sure if i posted this here, is that logically batman would wear a full face mask on such a suit. i mean wear a combat suit and then get shot in the face?
this was just my logical conclusion :D

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back