Denuo Novo (only) New and existing products

The Phase Is were pretty matte. Phase II was more satin. I don't know how much was improvement in CG between films and how much was deliberate aesthetic choice. I think with the replicas it's something like with the asymmetrical OT Stormtrooper replicas -- satin or matte might be film-accurate, but the general public expects shiny so the accurate version would look "wrong" to them.
That makes sense.

The visors shown on Original Boba Fett and Jango Fett Helmets appear to vary. The helmet in the screenshot from Kamino appears to have a wider visor than on other shots. The Denuo Novo product page specifies Kamino. Maybe that helmet is different than the Geonosis helmet.
It looks narrower on the original product photos compared to the final product. It looks to me like they are trimming the visor lens far too wide and it is forcing the opening the helmet to be wider. It really shouldn't be that wide.

382427-4954C278-EDCB-480C-9B35-3601E99B7CD3.jpeg

Perhaps they must make the visor wider because they have only a costumelicense?The BlackSeries line has also wider visors for safety?

ggriffaw: No the visor is a lot too wide.

From my close study of the HBS Boba compared to the original, the visor opening on the HBS is an eighth of an inch/3mm wider, with the cheekbones shifted down (that is, they didn't "trim" an extra bit of now-narrower cheekbones). It isn't a lot, but it's enough to make the brain go, "Wait... something's not right". I noticed the same thing with the helmet in BoBF, and now with the DN Jango. I almost wonder, given the widening of the on-screen helmet in its most recent outing, if widening the visor is a deliberate edict from Lucasfilm...

From my close study of the HBS Boba compared to the original, the visor opening on the HBS is an eighth of an inch/3mm wider, with the cheekbones shifted down (that is, they didn't "trim" an extra bit of now-narrower cheekbones). It isn't a lot, but it's enough to make the brain go, "Wait... something's not right". I noticed the same thing with the helmet in BoBF, and now with the DN Jango. I almost wonder, given the widening of the on-screen helmet in its most recent outing, if widening the visor is a deliberate edict from Lucasfilm...
Does it effect FOV for the person wearing it?

I took some measurements of the DN Jango and efx Boba.

DN-Jango-efx-Fett-Boba-Fett-Measurements.jpg

Jango
A: 5 5/8 inches
B: 2 1/8 inches
C: 2 inches

Boba
A: 5 3/4 inches
B: 1 13/16 inches
C: 1 13/16 inches

When I compare to estimates from screenshots of the Jango helmet in the films, the proportions of the Denuo Novo visor are wider compared to the height. It's hard to tell if the width, height, or both are off without having direct measurements.

DN-AOTC.jpg

My WastedFett Jango width is 1 3/4". It doesn't sound like much, but it makes a noticeable difference. 2 1/8" is definitely too much. The screen used helmet on display at Celebration 2008 doesn't look as wide as the Denuo Novo.

Screenshot_2022-10-11-09-28-26-23_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Last edited:
Can someone show the inside of the Jango? Can the visor be removed and trimmed or replaced?

Terrible thought on such an expensive helmet.

Jango has the wider visor in the live action shots until he lands on the arena at the end. Not as wide as the DN. Then he has the squished stunt.

A lot of promo shots have a helmet with a narrower visor.

Can someone show the inside of the Jango? Can the visor be removed and trimmed or replaced?

Terrible thought on such an expensive helmet.
Found on the Dented Helmet.

I assume it's hot glued under the liner like the Anovos Din helmet.

I removed the lens on the Anovos Din and the material is very brittle. Same thickness as a welding face shield, but snaps easily. If the Jango visor is the same material, it may need to be replaced.

Why are the bottom of the ears not painted?

PXL_20220901_234110544.jpg

Denuo Novo Jango Fett visor photos

I have no idea if the visor is forcing the gap to be wider or not. I don't plan on taking it apart.

DN-Jango-Visor-1.jpg

DN-Jango-Visor-2.jpg

DN-Jango-Visor-3.jpg

DN-Jango-Visor-4.jpg

Yes...but I cannot find something like this on etsy...hm..perhaps he has only bought the piece of fabric there?

I was just thinking about the cape for your Boba Fett bust and since you're not really looking for a replica since you only need a small piece, have you considered checking second hand stores for things like curtains or table cloths in the correct color? I actually picked up a set of curtains from Goodwill for a Halloween pirate display I am working on and it's a heavy, military green fabric that would pretty much work perfectly for this. It can be cut to the size you want and probably look almost dead on.

I did something similar with the rifle strap to my Sideshow life-size Boba Fett. It came with a pathetic piece of leather that was obviously cut by hand and two key rings to attach the strap to the rifle. It looked extremely cheesy. I checked a Goodwill for belts and purses and found a purse strap that worked perfectly as a more believable strap for a rifle.. I even used the hardware from the purse to attach to the rifle. It looks so much better.

1665590180824.png

Take it from someone that troops in a Mandolorian helmet... EVERYTHING affects FOV. Descending stairs can be quite the task at times. You also tend to look out the bottom of the helmet a lot.
Do you think they increased the width to give people a safer wider fov?

Weird. I see a Force Awakens Kylo helmet and, upon checking their site, it also says Sold Out.

Did anyone get notification of this thing?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back