Denuo Novo (only) New and existing products

The nose plate on mine wasn’t attached properly. I actually think it was a casting issue judging by what I can see. It should be fairly flush. Mine sticks out about a 1/4 to a half an inch and not evenly. It is very obvious it isn’t right, especially when put next to the Anovos helmet. I haven’t wanted to post it publicly since they are doing pretty well as a company so far and I really don’t want to disparage their name at all.
But mistakes happen and I sent them additional photos yesterday. I am awaiting a return label.
The Anovos is the left one.
My Denuo Novo front plate sticks out farther too. Denuo Novo left. Anovos right.
Denuo-Novo-Anovos-Kylo-Ren-9.jpg

That's exactly how it looks on mine, too. I don't think this is a mistake, but rather simply the new "design" of the faceplate attachment. If you look into this gap you can even see this type of spacer, I think it's directly in the cast in the faceplate.

I'm surprised if they see this as a defect or anything else? Don't know how Denuo Novo wants to fix that with an exchange if all their helmets look like this.

I got the Luke helmet recently with one major quality issue.

Almost every detail on the helmet is a decal. The decal covered up the six recessed holes on each side of the helmet. I gently touched this part and the decal easily broke where the hole is.

The two front ones on the right side were already uncovered and painted in. I popped the rest out and painted them in as well.

FB_IMG_1652304280362.jpgreceived_728995771452605.jpegreceived_531606975153851.jpeg

Below are photos taken from the bottom of my Denuo Novo helmet. The front plate is fairly evenly spaced from the main helmet. The middle plate is closer to the main helmet on the right side which makes the gap between it and the front plate larger. I don't know if this is accurate or not. I look at as the helmet was busted up and put back together, so there should be some unevenness.

Denuo-Novo-Anovos-Kylo-Ren-10.jpg

Denuo-Novo-Anovos-Kylo-Ren-11.jpg

I figured out the issue with the Kylo helmet. In my effort to try and slightly adjust it I accidently popped the nose plate off. Whoops. Since it is simply glued down I was able to get a better look at the assembly. There are three posts arranged in a triangle with a triangular key in the middle of them. The post on the side of my helmet with the issue was wonky compared to the other side. I broke out my files and simply filed it down until it was more evened out. I took a look at the screen used suit images and paid attention to the helmet on screen in my theater room with my 100 inch screen and yes, it sticks out further than the Anovos TFA. But nothing would indicate it is supposed to be further out on one side vs the other. I have now hot glued mine back in place so I can easily redo if needed but so far it now looks correct.
I hold no ill will towards Denuo over this though. It was a little hard to tell in images what I was seeing in person. If I hadn't popped it loose then I may have felt a bit different but I try to be an understanding person. And it was a pretty easy fix overall.

Quality control on mass produced items can be rather difficult and in this day and age it is hard to finding truly skilled workers who will take pride in making something "flawless".
Outside of this one issue though, it is a great looking helmet that's for sure. I may modify it to light up some day.

I do think something needs to be addressed though. I own 6 fiberglass pieces currently. Prior to this I think I owned two others. All have been licensed.
I would say my Anovos Kylo helmet was the nicest piece I owned from a licensed company until today. It just doesn't have a flaw I have been able to see.
My EFX Mando was probably the worst. The Mandibles were significantly off along with the wonky mohawk lines. I fixed the mandibles but had to completely remove the visor to do so. Which also meant the interior was ruined.
I have/had four Batman cowls. All four have had problems. One cowls ear was longer by a good 1/3 inch than the other. It looked terrible and was obvious. There have been paint issues, casting issues etc. Fiberglass can make some really nice pieces but they are only as good as the person casting/assembling/painting them.
Now that I have "fixed" the Denuo Kylo helmet I would say it is pretty flawless and I am happy with my purchase even with the slight hiccup.

Last edited:
Ordered First Order Chest Harness and Armor many years ago. Denuo Novo sent email stating they will be fulfilling the First Order Trooper Armor but don’t have time frame for harness. Requested a credit to purchase in stock Blue Squadron Leader Helmet. Gave more of my money and used credit to purchase. I did receive a helmet but not the one I ordered. I received the Luke Rebel Pilot which was a cheaper item. Bait and switch. I shipped it back, big mistake. Haven’t heard a thing from Denuo and no response to my emails. Now it shows the item I ordered as a Pre Order. Be careful when dealing with these guys. see S like the same old tricks And now I’m out another $450. I requested for a 10% discount for May 4th because my order was about 1 month before the sale. Plus the inconvenience for receiving wrong item. But that was a No. Still same old poor customer service.

The Tie helmet drives me bonkers. They could make a perfect accurate Rogue one Tie helmet. Instead they use R1 molds, then trim it like OT ( as well as changing the teeth on the symmetrical face) so what you get isn't OT or R1..just some strange mash up. I re-engineered a Anovos back into R1 and it looks dead on. I'd pay the $600 they are asking for a R1 with linage, not whatever the current mash up is supposed to be.

Having said that, I hope they re-release the Anovos Tie box and armor as that is the only box/armor with lineage to ever exist..now if they could dial in the chestbox ribs they would be perfect. One can dream...

The Tie helmet drives me bonkers. They could make a perfect accurate Rogue one Tie helmet. Instead they use R1 molds, then trim it like OT ( as well as changing the teeth on the symmetrical face) so what you get isn't OT or R1..just some strange mash up. I re-engineered a Anovos back into R1 and it looks dead on. I'd pay the $600 they are asking for a R1 with linage, not whatever the current mash up is supposed to be.

Having said that, I hope they re-release the Anovos Tie box and armor as that is the only box/armor with lineage to ever exist..now if they could dial in the chestbox ribs they would be perfect. One can dream...

Didn't Far Away Creations make the TIE chest box and armor as well as the helmet for Rogue One? Could just buy one from them.

Ordered First Order Chest Harness and Armor many years ago. Denuo Novo sent email stating they will be fulfilling the First Order Trooper Armor but don’t have time frame for harness. Requested a credit to purchase in stock Blue Squadron Leader Helmet. Gave more of my money and used credit to purchase. I did receive a helmet but not the one I ordered. I received the Luke Rebel Pilot which was a cheaper item. Bait and switch. I shipped it back, big mistake. Haven’t heard a thing from Denuo and no response to my emails. Now it shows the item I ordered as a Pre Order. Be careful when dealing with these guys. see S like the same old tricks And now I’m out another $450. I requested for a 10% discount for May 4th because my order was about 1 month before the sale. Plus the inconvenience for receiving wrong item. But that was a No. Still same old poor customer service.
The website says more Blue Leader helmets will be shipping in July.

Sounds like someone made a mistake when entering or filling the order. I'm sure they will get it worked out. It might take a little while to restock items after the May the 4th sale and getting ready for Celebration.

Didn't Far Away Creations make the TIE chest box and armor as well as the helmet for Rogue One? Could just buy one from them.
FAC pulled and assembled the screen used R1 helmets off molds provided by Anovos. FAC does not sell a R1 helmet, only a fan made OT helmet

They used a off the shelf FAC Tie chestbox on screen in R1. The screen armor was made by production. FAC sells fan made OT style armor

The Anovos Tie armor and box are made from scans of screen used. They are the only OT box/armor made with any lineage to screen used. The box scan was cleaned very slightly resulting in the top and bottom chestbox rib lines to be very faint. Still the best ever offered and I hope Denou Novo re-releases it!

FAC pulled and assembled the screen used R1 helmets off molds provided by Anovos. FAC does not sell a R1 helmet, only a fan made OT helmet

They used a off the shelf FAC Tie chestbox on screen in R1. The screen armor was made by production. FAC sells fan made OT style armor

The Anovos Tie armor and box are made from scans of screen used. They are the only OT box/armor made with any lineage to screen used. The box scan was cleaned very slightly resulting in the top and bottom chestbox rib lines to be very faint. Still the best ever offered and I hope Denou Novo re-releases it!
Interesting. I had no idea Anovos provided the molds for the helmet.

The ribs are pretty faint on the originals too. The Anovos ones were actually oversharpened to compensate for the thicker plastic they used.
Still room for improvement though for sure!

I am hoping they have the FO armor on display. I almost ordered it during their sale but that didn’t qualify for free shipping so I passed until I can confirm which version it will be.
What do you mean, "which version"?
Another thing - FO trooper kit says Q2 it’ll be in stock.

So… anyone get that kit yet?
I'm not expecting anything until around or after Celebration. I had hoped maybe they'd try to get them shipping for May the Fourth, but figured later in May was more likely. They have been pretty good at communicating when I've asked, and the timeframe has been dialed in more and more finely each time. I was going to wait until after Celebration and, if there's been no announcement or activity, ask them again then.

What do you mean, "which version"?

I'm not expecting anything until around or after Celebration. I had hoped maybe they'd try to get them shipping for May the Fourth, but figured later in May was more likely. They have been pretty good at communicating when I've asked, and the timeframe has been dialed in more and more finely each time. I was going to wait until after Celebration and, if there's been no announcement or activity, ask them again then.
From what I understand the armor shown is the Last Jedi version. I would prefer the TFA version because I prefer that helmet personally.

From what I understand the armor shown is the Last Jedi version. I would prefer the TFA version because I prefer that helmet personally.
Ish. The armor is mostly the same between its first and second versions. The differences lie in how the groin armor is trimmed (more off the sides for the TLJ -- but some in TFA were trimmed that far, even then) and the elbow end of the forearm armor (that's a little trickier, and may involve kludging a little material back on for the TFA version -- less problematic than for the groin).

As I ordered TFA and want to do TFA, I got a replacement TFA groin plate from KB Props (he accidentally sent me a second one a couple months later, apparently thinking he hadn't sent it yet, if you want it). I am confident in my ability with plastics and bonding/filling agents to be able to bring the elbow openings to where I want them to be.

The big issue is the helmet, yes. It's not shipping with the armor kit, but they expect it to start going out later this Fall. I have someone on the FISD with an Anovos Standard TFA helmet who wants to do TLJ, who's hanging onto his helmet until mine shows up and then we're going to swap. I specifically asked Denuo Novo about the possibility of the TFA helmet, and they said it wasn't among the assets Disney/LFL sent them or approved from Anovos, so not any time soon. Ask around the FOTK Facebook group, or the Anovos and Denuo Novo FB pages, or check with your local 501st garrison -- someone may have an Anovos TFA they want to part with in favor of the upcoming TLJ. Alternatively, there are several fan makers who do good work who have TFA lids among their offerings.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back