Denuo Novo (only) New and existing products

iCEM4N

Could someone please take some photos of the chrome stripe area of the Kylo TROS helmet? On my helmet, this part looks more silver and somehow has no chrome effect. I'm not sure if this is normal, before I ask Denuo Novo I wanted to at least see some comparison pictures. maybe something went wrong with my helmet. On the promo pics you can also see Chrome, at least that's my impression.

Thank you!

ggriffaw

Sr Member
Could someone please take some photos of the chrome stripe area of the Kylo TROS helmet? On my helmet, this part looks more silver and somehow has no chrome effect. I'm not sure if this is normal, before I ask Denuo Novo I wanted to at least see some comparison pictures. maybe something went wrong with my helmet. On the promo pics you can also see Chrome, at least that's my impression.

Thank you!
Mine looks like silver as opposed to chrome.

Mr Mold Maker

Master Member
I believe the Anovos helmets were either vacuum metalized or done with a nitrate system. The new helmets are pretty clearly being done with chrome paint. If I had to guess, they’re using the same paint and process as their Mandalorian helmet and that’s why it’s a little lackluster in comparison to the Anovos.

Synz314

Sr Member
Considering the chrome on the Anovos Kylo had the same crackling as their Phasma, I imagine they're trying to avoid the issue this time around.

Spankuh

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I pre-ordered the Luke X-Wing Pilot Helmet in early 2018 from Anovos. After Denuo Novo took over, I asked about my outstanding orders (Luke's helmet and FO armor). They said they hoped to ship the Luke helmet in early 2022. After I saw several people here posting that they had received their helmets, I kept waiting to hear something from DN. Finally, I emailed asking where my helmet was, since they had been shipping them for four or five weeks. To their credit, they said they would ship one to me immediately. I received it two days later. I was excited to finally have it.

Having said all that, I'm pretty disappointed in the final product. I understand that these are mass produced, but I expected a little more. So many decals and so little paint. The whole helmet is shiny - even the weathering. The earcups have velcro to attach to the inner liner, but they don't fit securely. There isn't even a guide as to where to correctly attach them.

I have an X-Wing helmet kit that I bought a few years ago but never got around to building it. I'll probably end up building it up and selling the DN.

iCEM4N

I just asked Denuo about this, I have the feeling that something is wrong with my helmet.

Especially since a kind of "bubble formation" can be seen in the stripes. as if the paint was applied too soon/quickly :rolleyes:.
There are tiny places where the classic, in my opinion, beautiful chrome alá Anovos comes through due to the weathering. Gives me the impression that this silver-grey paint was painted over it.

Unfortunately, there are currently not many real pictures of this helmet. However, I have already found a few on social media and the Chrome also looks like Chrome, at least approximately like Anovos. Especially if you have both helmets and they are next to each other, the difference is amazing. Of course there are different helmets, but these things should be chrome-plated.

Let's see what they say...

kylotros_1.JPG kylotros_2.JPG kylotros_3.JPG

ggriffaw

Sr Member
I just asked Denuo about this, I have the feeling that something is wrong with my helmet.

Especially since a kind of "bubble formation" can be seen in the stripes. as if the paint was applied too soon/quickly :rolleyes:.
There are tiny places where the classic, in my opinion, beautiful chrome alá Anovos comes through due to the weathering. Gives me the impression that this silver-grey paint was painted over it.

Unfortunately, there are currently not many real pictures of this helmet. However, I have already found a few on social media and the Chrome also looks like Chrome, at least approximately like Anovos. Especially if you have both helmets and they are next to each other, the difference is amazing. Of course there are different helmets, but these things should be chrome-plated.

Let's see what they say...

The lines on my helmet don't appear as bumpy as in your photos. I imagine some of that is due to the lighting.

ggriffaw

Sr Member
I always thought the chrome on the Anovos helmet looked out of place. The rest of the helmet looks kind of beat up then it is almost totally clean chrome on the face. There is some weathering, but it doesn't look like it is as old as the rest of the helmet.

I think the silver on the Denuo Novo blends with the helmet better. I don't know how either helmet compares to the actual props.

drftfan

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
You can see here the difference between the first gen Anovos vs the new one.
Personally I am not loving the painted cracks. It is simply too dark. I wish they could have used some sort of reflective paint so in photos it would pop a little.
I am planning to make a light up version so in the long run it won’t bother me as much.
Then again and I may have already said this here… they could have made it with red tinted fiberglass so the end user could have simply attached a light to the in order to light it up occasionally.
Unfortunately I am starting to have mixed thoughts on this company in general.

Attachments

• 5B51D98E-A687-43FD-AF57-B10F5D4A90B6.jpeg
    5B51D98E-A687-43FD-AF57-B10F5D4A90B6.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 63
  • D1963645-8322-4F7D-824C-0BE598C2D54B.jpeg
    D1963645-8322-4F7D-824C-0BE598C2D54B.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 61

iCEM4N

drftfan The stripes on your helmet looks more chrome-like, which is how I would like them. Can you maybe take a few photos where you can see the stripes in a close up? thanks!

Synz314

Sr Member
I pre-ordered the Luke X-Wing Pilot Helmet in early 2018 from Anovos. After Denuo Novo took over, I asked about my outstanding orders (Luke's helmet and FO armor). They said they hoped to ship the Luke helmet in early 2022. After I saw several people here posting that they had received their helmets, I kept waiting to hear something from DN. Finally, I emailed asking where my helmet was, since they had been shipping them for four or five weeks. To their credit, they said they would ship one to me immediately. I received it two days later. I was excited to finally have it.

Having said all that, I'm pretty disappointed in the final product. I understand that these are mass produced, but I expected a little more. So many decals and so little paint. The whole helmet is shiny - even the weathering. The earcups have velcro to attach to the inner liner, but they don't fit securely. There isn't even a guide as to where to correctly attach them.

I have an X-Wing helmet kit that I bought a few years ago but never got around to building it. I'll probably end up building it up and selling the DN.
Agreed about the overuse of decals. For attaching the ear pads I recommend pushing them in by pressing the outside of the helmet at the same time. Mine stay perfectly in place. The placement is up to you depending on your ears. I found attaching them near the very front of the helmet, slightly angled is most comfortable.

The EFX and RS pads attach the same way with velcro.

IMG_20220507_112310__01__01.jpg IMG_20220507_111559__01__01.jpg

drftfan

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
drftfan The stripes on your helmet looks more chrome-like, which is how I would like them. Can you maybe take a few photos where you can see the stripes in a close up? thanks!
These are a few of the images I sent Denuo before I fixed the faceplate. I will make sure to get up close ones later when I get home. Judging by how my faceplate was along with a few other ones there are clearly going to be variations in the finishes.

Attachments

• F4E6082B-F4AB-4C60-A031-FA88F7AECEB8.jpeg
    F4E6082B-F4AB-4C60-A031-FA88F7AECEB8.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 56
  • 9AB63AFC-D5FD-4BA4-BEE9-60616C797E93.jpeg
    9AB63AFC-D5FD-4BA4-BEE9-60616C797E93.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 53
  • 19C76F7D-F594-4612-A0B0-1A743A358242.jpeg
    19C76F7D-F594-4612-A0B0-1A743A358242.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 50
  • BCCC775E-6468-45AC-AEE9-9904884C8C34.jpeg
    BCCC775E-6468-45AC-AEE9-9904884C8C34.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 55
  • AD5CBF79-ACBD-41C5-AAF3-387A9CFFF048.jpeg
    AD5CBF79-ACBD-41C5-AAF3-387A9CFFF048.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 59

ggriffaw

Sr Member
they could have made it with red tinted fiberglass so the end user could have simply attached a light to the in order to light it up occasionally.
Don't forget Disney needs to approve the licensed products. They may not have wanted to encourage people to install lights inside a Disney licensed helmet for liability reasons. People sue for some pretty silly things.

drftfan

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Forgot to post these.
Flash and no flash.

Attachments

• D42D9724-B56D-454A-A460-52F83BEED2E3.jpeg
    D42D9724-B56D-454A-A460-52F83BEED2E3.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 31
  • 26050F4C-CF06-458D-9184-313F32530ED2.jpeg
    26050F4C-CF06-458D-9184-313F32530ED2.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 30

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.