Denuo Novo (only) New and existing products

Should the black band flair out at the bottom like that? I don't think any of my existing helmets have that.
The black band on my RS helmets flare out. I have quite a few RS TK helmets. They all are like that.

RS-Prop-Masters-Chris-Bunn-Sandtrooper-Helmet-1.jpg

I'm not bashing RS in any way. Their products look to be incredible, studio accurate props. Just wondering if they're licensed? From what I saw on the site, there was no mention of it. If not, how are they getting away with it? They're obviously big enough to be noticed by Disney/Lucasfilm.

I'm not bashing RS in any way. Their products look to be incredible, studio accurate props. Just wondering if they're licensed? From what I saw on the site, there was no mention of it. If not, how are they getting away with it? They're obviously big enough to be noticed by Disney/Lucasfilm.
They don't have to be licensed. Especially because they are in the UK. Look up Andrew Ainsworths lawsuit with Lucasfilm.

RS will always be more accurate than the Denuo helmets. There is no way I would personally pay $400 for an OT TK helmet unless it had some sort of true screen lineage like my RS Hero helmet.

They don't have to be licensed. Especially because they are in the UK. Look up Andrew Ainsworths lawsuit with Lucasfilm.

RS will always be more accurate than the Denuo helmets. There is no way I would personally pay $400 for an OT TK helmet unless it had some sort of true screen lineage like my RS Hero helmet.

What kind of shipping prices are you paying for RS helmets?

For OT helmets, I agree RS is my first choice. However it depends on what the purchaser wants. Some people don't like the warts and all look and prefer a more idealized version.

There are plenty of items Denuo Novo makes that RS doesn't. Even for the OT RS isn't an option for the Royal Guard helmet or at the moment X-Wing helmets. I expect eventually RS will have X-Wing helmets again.

What kind of shipping prices are you paying for RS helmets?
One way to save on shipping from RS is to order several items on the same order. They seem to use flat rate shipping.

I have been told people can do the same for ordering Denuo Novo items from outside the US.

You can always check the shipping cost by adding items to your cart and have the site calculate shipping. Try adding different combinations of items to see what works out best.

For OT helmets, I agree RS is my first choice. However it depends on what the purchaser wants. Some people don't like the warts and all look and prefer a more idealized version.

There are plenty of items Denuo Novo makes that RS doesn't. Even for the OT RS isn't an option for the Royal Guard helmet or at the moment X-Wing helmets. I expect eventually RS will have X-Wing helmets again.
I have a hard time recommending DN for OT X-Wing helmets since they're using modified Rogue One sculpts. It's hard to unnotice how much wider they look than OT.

It would be great if RS did a Royal Guard. The DN one looks really nice, but we need a correctly constructed, lineage one. The only maker I can think of that does a vac-formed Royal Guard in two halves is WTF. But theirs is a front and back halves instead of left and right halves like the originals.

I have a hard time recommending DN for OT X-Wing helmets since they're using modified Rogue One sculpts. It's hard to unnotice how much wider they look than OT.

It would be great if RS did a Royal Guard. The DN one looks really nice, but we need a correctly constructed, lineage one. The only maker I can think of that does a vac-formed Royal Guard in two halves is WTF. But theirs is a front and back halves instead of left and right halves like the originals.
I don't disagree about the DN X-Wing helmets looking different. I prefer RS for those. Unfortunately RS doesn't make some of the designs. I'm not sure if they would do any of the non-OT designs as a commission or not. At the moment RS isn't making any of them other than the Hyperdrive exclusive Wedge.

Anovos considered doing the Royal Guard in abs like the original helmet but decided against it for durability. I would think the very long seem in the original design could be a problem if someone wore the helmet much.

I can't think of any helmet that I would chose DN over RS, but there are many that are not offered by both so there isn't a choice. That may not be the right choice for everyone if they prefer more idealized helmets or more sturdy helmets.

HBS and DN I would recommend over RS for an X-Wing. I don't get the "too fat" thing. It's been argued elsewhere that it's mostly (but not entirely) in the eye/mind of the observer. Overall, they're about the right width, the mohawk is the right width, etc. We've never been able to compare to a screen-used X-Wing helmet. I'd love it if Jez could do a proper comparison. From what I know, RS reverse-engineered their X-Wing helmet from a TIE helmet bought at auction. The lens and mohawk are their interpretations, based on photo reference, same as any States-side fan makers. If anything, I think their helmets are too narrow, mostly in the mohawk.

Finally received both my TLJ First Order Stormtrooper ABS and Premier helmets from Denuo Novo. I had ordered these back in 2018. Had no idea how different the ABS (mouth/teeth/shape/trim/nose/etc.) is from the Premier version. I'm curious to know why.

Finally received both my TLJ First Order Stormtrooper ABS and Premier helmets from Denuo Novo. I had ordered these back in 2018. Had no idea how different the ABS (mouth/teeth/shape/trim/nose/etc.) is from the Premier version. I'm curious to know why.
On the standard the same base helmet is used for the TFA and TLJ versions. Anovos did the same thing. Below are the Anovos standard TFA and TLJ.

Anovos-TFA-TLJ-Standard-1.jpg

I see. But why not make it accurate to the TLJ helmet? It's just odd that the two TLJ FO helmets are different. It looks like a way to save cost without any regard to accuracy.

I see. But why not make it accurate to the TLJ helmet? It's just odd that the two TLJ FO helmets are different. It looks like a way to save cost without any regard to accuracy.
I agree it was most likely to save the cost of creating a different base helmet.

Even the fiberglass helmets have inaccuracies compared to the actual props but the basic shape on the outside is much better than the abs helmets.

For the most part when Denuo Novo is producing an item previously produced by Anovos, they are using the same design. Possibly even the same factory. If Anovos made a design decision, the Denuo Novo product will have the same design. I think there are a few minor differences on certain helmets.

Denuo Novo changed the design for the Clone Trooper Phase 2 helmet from what Anovos announced. A difference with that is Anovos didn't ship any of those. I assume a factory didn't already have the molds produced.

Below are links to auctions for actual First Order helmet props.

https://entertainment.ha.com/itm/mo...-Inventory-BuyNowFromOwner-ThisAuction-120115

https://propstoreauction.com/lot-details/index/catalog/138/lot/28672/

One of the main differences is how the bottom curves in on the actual helmets compared to the Anovos design.

I think it would have been a better decision to make a single plastic version of each helmet that is priced between the standard and premier. I imagine it would cost more to replicate some of the features than the standard price allowed. It's possible some of the features couldn't be replicated at a reasonable price.

Denuo Novo decided to produce the same design as Anovos. This makes sense for items that people paid for but did not receive from Anovos.

Anyone know of any DN sales coming up? I have a friend interested in picking up the Sandtrooper helmet, but I think he wants to take advantage of a discount if possible. The only one I can think may be coming up in the near future would probably be Star Wars Day, but that's still a few months off.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back