Denuo Novo (only) New and existing products

Anyone else waiting for DN to drop these bad boys? I'll probably order two. Unless I can find the older MR LE View attachment 1546839for a decent deal.
I’d love to have one.. but leery of ordering if they are just renamed anovos…

And back on track…
other images of the Kylo helmet. No idea why these are not on their website. If the 501st didn’t require the helmet to have light up cracks I would probably have bought this. I may still. View attachment 1547418View attachment 1547419View attachment 1547420View attachment 1547421
Much better!!

And back on track…
other images of the Kylo helmet. No idea why these are not on their website. If the 501st didn’t require the helmet to have light up cracks I would probably have bought this. I may still.
This helmet is such an unfortunate mess because the sculpt is SO good and accurate. I mean I don't think it would be possible to get closer to the original sculpt necessarily based on what I'm seeing.

However... being THAT close and then skipping out and making the cracks PAINTED.... I just can't. At least make them translucent so people can rip the interior our and add lights if they want to. It's not a bad helmet by any means, but being that close to perfection and making that bad of a decision is just atrocious.

And back on track…
other images of the Kylo helmet. No idea why these are not on their website. If the 501st didn’t require the helmet to have light up cracks I would probably have bought this. I may still.
Where did these photos come from?

I’d love to have one.. but leery of ordering if they are just renamed anovos…

Much better!!
Denuo Novo isn't just a renamed Anovos. They have been delivering pretty consistently. I don't think there is much reason to place a preorder, they seem to be keeping products available for quite a while.

Denuo Novo isn't just a renamed Anovos. They have been delivering pretty consistently. I don't think there is much reason to place a preorder, they seem to be keeping products available for quite a while.
Yeah, I was curious if anyone has experienced any issues with trying to cancel a order. I remember seeing the nightmares others went through just trying to cancel a order

I’m going to sit back and watch

This helmet is such an unfortunate mess because the sculpt is SO good and accurate. I mean I don't think it would be possible to get closer to the original sculpt necessarily based on what I'm seeing.

However... being THAT close and then skipping out and making the cracks PAINTED.... I just can't. At least make them translucent so people can rip the interior our and add lights if they want to. It's not a bad helmet by any means, but being that close to perfection and making that bad of a decision is just atrocious.
Hopefully if this is a prototype that means there is still room for changes/improvements. With that price tag, I would like to have translucent cracks that I can add lights to myself, I'd imagine it would be a very tedious and difficult job to try and mod the pre existing painted cracks to accommodate for translucent backlit ones instead. At that point you could by a kit from a maker elsewhere and get the same result for far less money.

Yeah, I was curious if anyone has experienced any issues with trying to cancel a order. I remember seeing the nightmares others went through just trying to cancel a order

FAQ's has info about cancelling orders. Basically you can get store credit.

Totally agree sit back and watch see how things go. Just b/c they are delivering and no issues yet doesn't mean the other shoe won't dropped at a later time. Hopefully not, but no customer wise wants a repeat event.

FAQ's has info about cancelling orders. Basically you can get store credit.
Store credit is fine if a customer intends to buy something else from them. However, its useless to a customer that decides to opt out completely b/c they don't want to risk anything, or don't want money tied up. Many just want a basic refund money can be used somewhere / something else instead of being lost in "Store Credit". Like i said if you plan on buying something else from them it works great, but the latter not so much. Been there done that.

Ok the Kylo helmet...
the Force Awakens one had a $700 price tag as well so it is inline with that one. I almost feel like we should semi thankful that it is still $700. Material and shipping costs have certainly not gotten cheaper. GEC sells his regular helmets for $450. Thats one guy with considerably less overhead. Paying $250 more to get a licensed product doesn't seem obscene in comparison.
I also agree I wish it was able to be lit for 501st purposes. But there are other options for that. The painted cracks look completely fine for a normal, non 501st costumer if they didn't want a fan made one.

Question... did the original prop actually have a light up feature or was that added in post?
I swear I read it was a practical effect.. I was just looking for you and can’t find it, or find any behind the scenes photos..

This is the reply I got from denuo last year when I asked specifically if Joe And Dana were involved. It was enough for me.

6516C593-8B3B-477C-968C-B233B7F130F1.jpeg

I don't get it. They directly addressed the question, saying that no one from Anovos has any ownership in the new company. Of course they would need to interact with people from the old company. They have hundreds of orders to try and fill and multiple vendors to deal with.

Take it how you like.
I understand they have no direct ownership and DN were never going to say they’re on the payroll but the reply is vague enough for me to make my decision.

If you take over filling orders from someone else, how would you do it without interacting with the old team? There needs to be interaction to get the orders, assets, etc.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back