Death Star Turbolaser diorama

Top part finished!. Now i am painting the cannons

20200210_170227.jpg

20200210_170235.jpg

20200210_170245.jpg

Fantastic craftsmanship mate, and your attention to detail is absolutely stunning !
Can’t wait to see how your diorama will finish up looking !
Thanks for sharing :love:

Ged

Thanks gedmac66! :)

There is still a lot of work left, but seeing this piece finished makes me see that my project is increasingly one step from being a reality after so many years!. A time of constant learning, with failures, errors and frustrations, but at the same time tremendously enjoyable!

Thanks you Krest, really thanks to you and Studio Kitbash I could finish the most complicated pieces that I needed for the turret!! :)

That is very bad*ss-looking, and I especially like your metallic undertone/sheen on the guns, a very nice effect.

I'm still blown away by how MANY of those super tiny micro-greeblies you scratchbuilt, and how many of the large ones are themselves just ridiculous amounts of time to repeating small geometric shapes dozens and dozens of times. It's very impressive.

Thanks you Studio Kitbash¡ :)

Yes, actually the diorama are more than 8.000 handmade pieces, sometimes it was tedious to make more and more panels o_O...
I imagine it is just as tedious as making the panel lines in a 2 meters long Imperial Star Destroyer with a ruler and a scribber

Thanks you TazMan! :)

That's why it took me so long. I had to build even the smallest screw or shape of each piece, because I didn't have any of the kits that were used to pick up the pieces..... well, and the big size of the project

The two cannons were my big challenge, but thanks Studio Kitbash and Krest I could get the pieces :love:

Last edited:
jajaja thanks DaddyfromNaboo :)

I hope my work is more motivating than depressed. If I have been able to do these without having done anything in scratch before, anyone can do it!,
...It is also the first time that I make silicone molds and resin parts.......you just need to want to do it, and want to learn!

Yes, the work is overwhelming and, sometimes, I have told myself ... I will not be able to do it ... but the desire to learn and improve yourself is more powerful than the rest. For me, it has been frustrating sometimes, yes, but I've had a lot more fun in all this time doing it.

when you see it finished and you know that you have done it, is incredible :D

This is awesome in so many ways already and getting more so with every post ! :p
I still can’t believe the scale of this build - even though it’s there on the screen !

My work area is just as ‘ messy ’ as yours mate , but I’m not creating anything as cool !:rolleyes::lol:

Ged

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back