Death Star 2 Port Attack Diorama

Thanks!

Got to wrapping up puttying/sanding/painting the last six large structures of the main port. Started to work up a sample of the smaller inner structures (12 needed). Hadn't taken a bottom tunnel shot in a while...

Last edited:
Thanks guys. Hopefully some more progress next weekend. Might try to whip out a few of the inner port structures. I thought about moving onto the surface for the fun of it, but I still need the full port to fit all together and then massage the final hole size it fits into...

Yeah, sorry for lack of updates... Barely have had time to pop on and check what's going on (as you can see how long it took me to respond). Crazy work/travel/event stretch since Feb. I finally have a few upcoming weekends at home soon, so will pick up slowly again. Next step is to finish cutting all the parts for the inner port structures. Those should be easier to make than the outer ones.

Sooooooo....... Have been on a build 4 months, not build 4 months, build 4 months schedule... have some time off (finally), so making some progress again. Hopefully this starts another 4 months of building...

Here's where we left off...
DS2_Build281_sm.jpg

So, first progress in a LONG time... :$ I got all the core parts for the 12 inner structures cut in the last two days...

DS2_Build286_sm.jpg

DUDE!!! I am sooooooooo excited to see you are back on the project. Excellent as always. (sorry, not stalking you, just love the project:unsure:lol)

Thanks. Got the inner port grids cut, clipped, sanded... basically done. Always fun to sand with all the little burrs, flash, and stringy edges. Started putting together inner port frames (nothing sexy to show, yet)... next up.

DS2_Build287_sm.jpg

Got the first three of twelve of the inner structures framed up and temporarily tacked in place to do some positioning tests...

DS2_Build292_sm.jpg

DS2_Build294_sm.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back