DeAGOSTINI Millennum Falcon By Leyrich

G'day leyrich , some very nice work you've got going there . Just wondering re; your scratch building of certain parts , what material/s are you using ? Is it just putty , styrene products etc ? . Any insight appreciated cause I'm doing a lot of scratch-building myself ( can't afford too many after market products ) . Thanks for sharing and please keep posting .
Ged .

Hi gedmac66 there mead from styrene products.

More shot for you all. DSC00751.JPGDSC00763.JPGDSC00767.JPGDSC00750.JPG

Really terrific and interesting work you're sharing mate , thank you .
Would like to know which model/prop you're basing your build on ?

Cheers Ged :thumbsup

G'day leyrich , thanks for posting those photos .
Looking at them closer , and seeing the ' piping attached to the turret housing ' in images #1 & 2 , does it mean that the turrets don't/can't rotate on it's horizontal axis ? .
Sorry if it comes across as a stupid question , or been answered before , but , I'd always assumed that it did ' rotate ' - I mean . Hence Han and Luke being rocked back and forth in ANH .
Any help greatly appreciated . Ged

Last edited by a moderator:
If you watch The Force Awakens closely you will actually see the turret facing the opposite way firing backwards at the chasing TIE's with the whole turret having rotated 180 degrees. Normal convention would have it that only the cannon swivels on the Y frame on the mount with the gunners seat matching but looking closely at the top of the turret, where the armour plating is, it could also be that the whole gun mount moves along a track between the plating with the gunner's station as the pivot point.

G'day @leyrich , thanks for posting those photos .
Looking at them closer , and seeing the ' piping attached to the turret housing ' in images #1 & 2 , does it mean that the turrets don't/can't rotate on it's horizontal axis ? .
Sorry if it comes across as a stupid question , or been answered before , but , I'd always assumed that it did ' rotate ' - I mean . Hence Han and Luke being rocked back and forth in ANH .
Any help greatly appreciated . Ged

Thanks for your reply Junk Pilot , but that still doesn't answer how the turret operates ( swivels ) with the pipe and other ' greeblies seemingly attached to the rim of it - as in the photo . 1) where's the room , 2) what happens to the attached pipe ? .
Apologies in advance leyrich for asking and answering questions on your thread . Seeings how you're going that extra mile to make it ' prop ' accuratel , I was hoping their was a reasonable explanation . Not a big deal , but , I hadn't noticed that ( arrangement - near the turret wall ) before .

Cheers Ged .

The turrets DO NOT rotate, the cannons only pivot on the Y-frame and then the Y-frame rotates, the seats movement is in relation to the cannons direction. The turrets DO NOT rotate, You can see this with the tube that connects both the turrets, it does not rotate, which it would have to having turrets at both end's that rotate independatly of each other.

TIE Fighter Attack - A New Hope

Well I cant say how the turrets works. that is the way ILM did it so it up in the are. I got my ramp together UPDSC00804.JPG
DON DSC00802.JPGDSC00797.JPGDSC00798.JPG

I think I'll just leave these here for now vj mojo......

As for the access tube that connects the 2 gunners station that would remain stationary while the stations themselves would rotate before returning to their normal positions over the tubes.

star-wars-force-awakens-millennium-falcon.png

Screen%20Shot%202015-10-20%20at%2011_00_02_zpsn2ak4cho.png

G'day leyrich , some really FINE work there mate .
Noticed in some of your earlier posts that the outer panels had a dark undercoat ( what colour was that ? ) , and these newest photos are painted using what ? ( AS - 20 ? ) .
Either way , your attention to the smallest detail is brilliant .
Thanks , and please keep sharing . Ged :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back