Deagostini Millennium Falcon with Cloud City Landing Pad

I never used Bondo before this either. It's not that bad. I made the mistake of not using a mask the first day. I probably shouldn't have done that. I was feeling light headed after a while. The second coat I used a mask and was just fine. I considered using fiberglass, but it actually seemed to be more difficult. Plus with Bondo, you can get a nice masonry look if you don't smooth it down all the way, which I did. I didn't want to sound like it was too difficult, but I would compare it to having a baby for a woman. Right afterwards, you're like no way in hell am I doing that again, but after some time I'm sure it wouldn't seem so bad to do again. You guys can totally do it! I would be happy to answer any questions or outline materials.

Cool, thanks! And an outline and materials list would be great to have! Thanks!

And I don't know if it's because you made it look so easy or what, but it doesn't seem that hard of a thing to make other than the bondo.

The lighting part and the floor decking material are things I'd like to know more about that and what you used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah a materials list and dimensions would be swell!

Cool, thanks! And an outline and materials list would be great to have! Thanks!

And I don't know if it's because you made it look so easy or what, but it doesn't seem that hard of a thing to make other than the bondo.

The lighting part and the floor decking material are things I'd like to know more about that and what you used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I updated post #1 with the materials and dimensions I used. The posts after describe how it was put together. Mine only stands 25" tall due to my space limitations. If I had more space, I may have added another 10" or so to make it feel more like it was up in the clouds.

I've I been looking for other options if I want to change things up a bit. I found this projector mount on ebay for $10. It works pretty good!
20170404_181422.jpg
All the arms are adjustable, so it works with the mounts that are already there. It also can be posed on 2 axis. I got shorter M6 screws and bought some spacers and rubber washers to protect the paint. If I wanted to have the lower gun attached I can just get some longer spacers.
20170404_181345.jpg

Last edited:
Wow! I don't know if I've seen that one before. Makes me realize how unfinished some of the set pieces were and how they were incorporated into matte paintings. Thanks for posting.

Also what size is that round base you used with the mount?
It's just an 18" diameter pine round that I found at my local hardware store. I believe it's 1.5" thick. I used bolts with washers instead of screws to mount the base to the wood because I was worried there was too much stress with screws and they would strip the soft pine. I countersunk the 4 holes from the bottom and used 3/4 inch washers to expand the surface area.

Oh wow! Great work! This was the idea I had for my Revell 1/72 Falcon. Not the Cloud City landing pad...I was going to improvise and do something of my own invention. So cool!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back