Deagostini Falcon. Anyone seen this?

It's supposed to be in February or March.

From what I've heard, sometime in March! I can't wait either! DeAsonstini kits are very high quality. A friend of mine bought one of their F-1's awhile back and this thing is incredible. The steering wheel actually turns the front wheels. The engine is so detailed it looks like you could actually start it up. And the size is HUGE. You could tell they put alot of time and effort into each individual part. I would compare DeAgostini kits to the Rolls Royce's of the modelling world. Its everything you could possibly want in a model kit the way it should be made!

Man... the differences between trial run and the new batch...crazy.

Now I have to wonder if the MR replica's guy was involved in the trial run... maybe these changes are due to his involvement. Either way, I'm sold.

Got my wife on board selling it as my "40th birthday present to myself" as I will be 40 when the last part comes in.

Man... the differences between trial run and the new batch...crazy.

Now I have to wonder if the MR replica's guy was involved in the trial run... maybe these changes are due to his involvement. Either way, I'm sold.

Got my wife on board selling it as my "40th birthday present to myself" as I will be 40 when the last part comes in.

thats awsome, do you think I'll be able to sell mine to my wife as a 41 and 7 month present!!!!!

Unfortunately I get rolled eyes whenever I bring more 'space sh!+' into the house....... It's more a night at the local spa for bribery

Turret from Part 2…..I’m not bothered about the paintjob as I’m going to do a full repaint however I am bothered about the wrong orientation of the window spokes….

P1050544_zps66bcf178.jpg

Underneath you can see that the ‘key’ for the assembly matches the slot so it’s not the fault of whoever put it together but a moulding error….

P1050545_zps6d76b2be.jpg

Easily fixed though….I ran a blade around the seam on the underside a few times then simply pushed it out….

P1050548_zps22f1e90f.jpg

Cut the offending tab off and hey presto it’s fixed….I’m leaving mine loose for now till I find out how it’s glazed….

P1050549_zps4344db20.jpg

Test fit of the guns and it starts to look the part….

P1050550_zpseebd237b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The frames from Parts 1 and 2 laid out complete with connecting plates and screws….

P1050542_zps7e1352cd.jpg

And assembled….

P1050551_zps496ee211.jpg

The resulting structure is strong and rigid….

P1050552_zps11c33382.jpg

With the hull plate in place….

P1050554_zpsff4eda4a.jpg

P1050555_zpsc4dd4005.jpg

The fit is perfect….

P1050556_zps4fbd01c8.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Jargon king, you just exhibited what the skilled builders on this site have in spades "attention to detail" I would have been looking at this for a long time before I would have noticed that. Well done, I must check mine now to see if it's the same.

you mention that you will repaint , a question about that, they mentioned that this was pantoned to match the original model colour, is it wrong? Either way what is your colour mix for the falcon, If you mention floquil or master colours I will cry, if you have an equivalent colour I would appreciate it .

i wonder does deagostini have a quality control mail LOL start mailing all these errors , at least the ROW might get accurate pieces ;)

I think the colours are pretty accurate but it has that fresh-painted toy-like appearance that doesn't do it for me. I waiting for two years down the line before I start painting it when I have all the parts in my grasp....I'm sure there are a lot of folks on here can tell you the correct colours.....

you mention that you will repaint , a question about that, they mentioned that this was pantoned to match the original model colour, is it wrong? Either way what is your colour mix for the falcon, If you mention floquil or master colours I will cry, if you have an equivalent colour I would appreciate it .
)

Tamiya Acrylic XF-14 J.A. Gray looks to be a good match to " Floquil Grime" for the hue, and is lighter so wouldn't need so much mixing with white. I'll get a pot and paint a test patch on the back of one of the Deagostini parts.

Metal chess table just needs some seams polishing out and the sticker applied.....

I've got some sorter boxes ready to keep the smaller parts safe till it's completed....

There's a fair way to go yet....

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back