Deagostini Falcon. Anyone seen this?

Gus76, it looks great so far, can I suggest that the "fan blades/ housing" be two pieces, I think some are wanting to make the blades spin, just a thought.

Don't know what is going on with my subscription.
Last month it jumped 2 issues, I rang customer service and was told that those missed issues were out of stock and would be sent in due course.
Then this morning my next package arrived. Issue 47, which is correct and should be my next issue. But along with it I received issues 61, 62 and 63.
Not happy
Can't phone customer services until Monday and I've got a load of parts that are useless to me for 3 months.
Has anyone else had this problem?

thumbnail_IMG_9002.jpg

So, I wasn't really going to care about having the older parts on the upper hull that don't have the correct "plating" detail. But then I got that issue in the 50s (maybe 56?) that has the other side (upper starboard, I think) which is correct. It looks nice, and to adapt a lyric from the band James, "If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor." More importantly, the ship would have one side different from the other. So the question is, can you order just the few issues that have the corrected parts (or even just the corrected parts without the whole issue)? If it's possible to order just one or two specific issues, is there a way to know if they will include corrected parts? Are people who start a subscription in the U.S. now still getting the old, incorrect parts? Seems like some incorrect parts are still showing up in other countries just starting the get this available.
Thanks,
Mike Todd

Gus76, it looks great so far, can I suggest that the "fan blades/ housing" be two pieces, I think some are wanting to make the blades spin, just a thought.
Yes, thank you! It will be three piece construction or even four piece with photo-eched parts. I am working on possibility to include photo etched brass grilles with the kit now.

IMG_20160426_172610_zpsbrspituw.jpg

Please ignore the print quality of the fan. Is is going to be fixed shortly.

I have also adjusted the overall shape and changed the spacing of the grille. Here is the comparison photo showing it next to the actual filming miniature part:

comparison2_zpsluge4nan.jpg

Yes, thank you! It will be three piece construction or even four piece with photo-eched parts. I am working on possibility to include photo etched brass grilles with the kit now.

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn293/volteco/IMG_20160426_172610_zpsbrspituw.jpg

Please ignore the print quality of the fan. Is is going to be fixed shortly.

I have also adjusted the overall shape and changed the spacing of the grille. Here is the comparison photo showing it next to the actual filming miniature part:

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn293/volteco/comparison2_zpsluge4nan.jpg

Lovely clean work Gus

I'm a fan of the fan

J

I don't know if this builder is on here, (Chris), but holy crap man, you're my hero...

http://falconmodelbuild.blogspot.ca/2016_03_01_archive.html
And I'm going to try and copy you step for step. :D

This! That blog is a great example of the kit that's for the most part built out of the box and it looks fantastic. He's done just enough modifications that add that level of detail that makes the model come alive. It's a great kit. You don't have to add an uber level of detail to build this kit. You can add as much as you what within your skill set. Great blog!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back