Deagostini Falcon. Anyone seen this?

Good point. My thinking was as long as whatever Tony designs will fit into the outer shell of the turret that Deagostini created would work fine. If Tony were to redesign the whole thing, with his own outer shell, then I would be scared unless his outer shell proportions were the same as the Deago.

Well.

I haven't arrived to the issue 41 yet. I'm on 30.

But as far I can see it seems that the turret well is under scaled. This is my impression...

If someone can take a simple diameter measurement it will be great...

My turret well will have a separated chair, of course.

MF TURRET WELL RENDER.jpg

I'm only on issue 32 or else I would be glad to help. Yours looks soooooo good though! Their's doesn't even compare. Will the structure come in separate pieces so we can access and paint the interior panels before gluing together?

Oh god the single LED is horrible! Reminds me of the original MPC Falcon that came with the rice bulbs! You'd think they would have done alot better with stuff like that! I mean, comon... they are a high grade master class model maker and they offer us just a single LED for lighting... not even an LED in the hold... Where's the fiber optic strands? I mean I realize that they have to cut corners to save money, but fiber optic cable isn't that expensive and they could have designed a fiber drill like AMT did that was simple (even if the bits were delicate and snapped all the time).

I'm only on issue 32 or else I would be glad to help. Yours looks soooooo good though! Their's doesn't even compare. Will the structure come in separate pieces so we can access and paint the interior panels before gluing together?

Yes, I'm studying to make an open structure to allow an easy interior painting. Very difficult but I think that I will solve it.

To complete the design I need to know how is the whole part to design the right fitting... I'm 8 issues behind, so 2 months...

Oh god the single LED is horrible! Reminds me of the original MPC Falcon that came with the rice bulbs! You'd think they would have done alot better with stuff like that! I mean, comon... they are a high grade master class model maker and they offer us just a single LED for lighting... not even an LED in the hold... Where's the fiber optic strands? I mean I realize that they have to cut corners to save money, but fiber optic cable isn't that expensive and they could have designed a fiber drill like AMT did that was simple (even if the bits were delicate and snapped all the time).
What I'm thinking I'm going to do is attach fibers to the included LED and run it into Tony's version of the turret. I know the gun turret is not a well seen detail, but I'm going all out on this thing and doing everything I can to make it better. I don't want to regret it later when it's already complete. Now we just need some of you UK subscribers to measure it for us.

What I'm thinking I'm going to do is attach fibers to the included LED and run it into Tony's version of the turret. I know the gun turret is not a well seen detail, but I'm going all out on this thing and doing everything I can to make it better. I don't want to regret it later when it's already complete. Now we just need some of you UK subscribers to measure it for us.

I got my own LEDs I'm gonna use. Lots of self flashing red/yellow/blue/white and steady on's that will come in handy. Check out http://www.modeltrainsoftware.com/ledlights1.html for what I'm talking about. Really is worth it. Don't have to worry about what kind of resistor to use, just hook one wire to positive and one to negative and viola, flashing lights... and they have both fast and slow flashers too. Then you've got fiber optics... back in the day, AMT came out with a Fiber Optic kit. It was like maybe 5 feet of Fiber cable and what was worth the whole kit was the little battery operated drill with tiny little drill bits. You might still be able to find them on Ebay or something, but the fiber cable itself was 64 strand cable and you can get a 10 foot piece for like $15... more then you'll ever need!

That's a nice way to go about it if you are not familiar with wiring and electrical work, but I prefer to wire my own. Even better, use the LED already wired on the model. I can just use a sharpie to color any color variation I want on the tips of the fibers.

In addition to Tony's upgrades it is possible Paragrafix will do an additional upgrade for the turrets like they did for the cockpit. In the end I think we will have fantastic options.

Additionally, I would think doing the gun areas with the entry/exit tube offset to one side so the entry point to the tube could be straight down the corridor rather than offset would be a possibility too. I just think that is more noticeable in the movie because of the lighting than where it is located in the gun well.

I'd be very cautious here, there isn't much room behind the rear cargo wall and this undersized gun well may be a compromise DeAgostini were forced to make to get it all to fit?

There is also a ladder to come as well according to their magazine,

I guess we wont know why its designed in such a way until it all slots together. It could be a compromise they had to make to fit it all in with the corridors wells etc..

Well.

I haven't arrived to the issue 41 yet. I'm on 30.

But as far I can see it seems that the turret well is under scaled. This is my impression...

If someone can take a simple diameter measurement it will be great...

My turret well will have a separated chair, of course.

View attachment 541188

Tony,

That looks fantastic! However, I doubt that it will fit if used with the supplied interior cargo hold. It has the cutout area on the walls where the pipes terminate to clear the supplied gun turret interior, the depth of the supplied piece also looks like it will be critical for fit. That said, I am sure your version will fit perfectly for anyone not using the supplied interior. You can see where the supplied gun turret interior goes on the back of the blueprint we got at the start of the build. You can see the overlap of the turret and cargo hold there.

Some guys on here (I think LordSatyr8) have posted photos of future issues. They look like the back covers of the magazines. Can someone tell me where you are finding those? I am curious to look ahead.

Last edited:
Tony,

That looks fantastic! However, I doubt that it will fit if used with the supplied interior cargo hold. It has the cutout area on the walls where the pipes terminate to clear the supplied gun turret interior, the depth of the supplied piece also looks like it will be critical for fit. That said, I am sure your version will fit perfectly for anyone not using the supplied interior. You can see where the supplied gun turret interior goes on the back of the blueprint we got at the start of the build. You can see the overlap of the turret and cargo hold there.

To design the whole thing I will need to have all the stock parts in my hand. And we will see.

If the stock tube is under scaled, it will be really difficult. So maybe I will do the turret well with a part to adapt my upgrade to the existing tube with the ladder. I've to wait and see the stock parts.

But I've a bad feeling about this... :lol

Some guys on here (I think LordSatyr8) have posted photos of future issues. They look like the back covers of the magazines. Can someone tell me where you are finding those? I am curious to look ahead.

I'm a member of several forums, including those on facebook and model-space and see them posted all the time, and when they are, I grab em and post em up here.

Thanks guys!

Good information!

My only concerns are about the connection between the turret well and the stock tube with the ladder.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back