Deadmau5 Head

Hey, one question. This is the first time I've ordered these 4.5 inch eyes... did you guys paint these on the inside and leave the outside clear or just paint the outside of it?

Hey, one question. This is the first time I've ordered these 4.5 inch eyes... did you guys paint these on the inside and leave the outside clear or just paint the outside of it?

You'll want to paint the inside. This allows you to keep the outside shiny and even buffable.

Thanks giz... that's what I was thinking.

All great pics, thanks for posting. I actually just purchased a Mouse Head from this site. I chatted with one of the guys behind this site (they have a chat feature), and it does seem that this isn't an exact replica of a Deadmau5 head, but I think it looks pretty damn cool.

You can check 'em out here: Deadmau5 Head

All great pics, thanks for posting. I actually just purchased a Mouse Head from this site. I chatted with one of the guys behind this site (they have a chat feature), and it does seem that this isn't an exact replica of a Deadmau5 head, but I think it looks pretty damn cool.

You can check 'em out here: Deadmau5 Head

The heads on that website are pretty terrible for what they're charging. I think you got ripped off :(

Can anyone offer some advice on how to mount the eyes? I've seen a ton of different ways, but I'm thinking about having LEDs in the eyes and can't figure out the appropriate way to mount the eyes and still be able to attach LEDS.

Thanks

Hi, I have bought the 14inch globe and 6inch globe eyes and the leds for it.
Right now I am looking to buy stretch velvet for my fabric, how many metres will I need?

Laura

Thanks for the link for fabric! I've never dealt with fabric before, and am just now realizing how many different types of velvet there are, not to mention the number of fabrics in general. I had checked out some stretch velvet at the local fabric superstore, but it was "crushed stretch velvet". The "crush" gave it a non-uniform color (darker and lighter spots) due to the light reflections and didn't look exactly how I had planned. I'll try sourcing a US site for those of us on the other side of the pond.

Thanks for the tips, though. :thumbsup

The fabric you are looking for is called stretch velour (or stretch velvet) and it needs to have 2 WAY stretch so you can pull it really tight and smooth in all directions. Available at most fabric stores, downtown LA is a good source. The red is a really strong, rich colour.

You also need to steam the fabric from the rear side before using to get any creases out - this gives a really smooth finish. The pile of the cloth gets flattened during shipping

Thanks for the link for fabric! I've never dealt with fabric before, and am just now realizing how many different types of velvet there are, not to mention the number of fabrics in general. I had checked out some stretch velvet at the local fabric superstore, but it was "crushed stretch velvet". The "crush" gave it a non-uniform color (darker and lighter spots) due to the light reflections and didn't look exactly how I had planned. I'll try sourcing a US site for those of us on the other side of the pond.

Thanks for the tips, though. :thumbsup

The fabric you are looking for is called stretch velour (or stretch velvet) and it needs to have 2 WAY stretch so you can pull it really tight and smooth in all directions. Available at most fabric stores, downtown LA is a good source. The red is a really strong, rich colour.

Wow, That's amazing!
I going to start my own soon.

I have a question.

How exactly did you sew on the cloth for the ears and head?

Thanks so Much!

All done! Just in time!

69051_658153544065_120404740_38074176_458849_n.jpg

71586_658153559035_120404740_38074177_7409568_n.jpg

Thanks to everyone on this forum for their great ideas and discussions!

WOW, amazing eyes, what light did you use, and how did you rig it up?
also, how do you create the mouth?
i'm so confused on how to do the mouth (material-wise)
Thanks

Last edited:
Hey guys, I'm starting to make a new run, hit me up if you're interested. If you catch me soon enough you'll be able to tell me what color combination you want!

Check out my youtube channel to see my previous work.

that looks great man!

I shipped out a bunch of heads today. I didn't want to take the time to bolt up the ears so just snapped a couple quick shots

IMG_1287.jpg

IMG_1284.jpg

Hey i Have a question what kind of cloth material did you use to cover they heads i am currently working on mine but i have no idea what cloth to use and how did you stick it on

Hey guys, I am interested in buying any deadmau5 head. Please reply, I really want one asap. I am a new member, please message me or email me pictures and we can keep in contact!

thanks so much,
mau5e

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back