DEAD SPACE Isaac Clarke Level 3 Suit SKS Props

Re: DEAD SPACE Issac Clarke Level 3 Suit - Updated 2/04/14

Shameless plug
I confirmed last night that I will have a booth at Planet Comicon in KC Missouri March 14-16 if your there please stop by and say hi!
planetcomicon2014_zps4cf959cf.jpg

Gorgeous work! I was wondering about the styrene you used, I've heard it mentioned as a material to use before but I don't know much about it. What's your experience with it: shaping, cutting, painting etc

Gorgeous work! I was wondering about the styrene you used, I've heard it mentioned as a material to use before but I don't know much about it. What's your experience with it: shaping, cutting, painting etc

Actually I use a mixture of wonderflex and styrene. Wonderflex is a closed cell almost foam board plastic, it is pretty easy to cut and can be heat form to the desired shape. Styrene is just plastic sheeting. A lot of hobby models are made using it becasuse once scored it breaks clean and so you cen get very small details. With all of my build wether its wonderflex, styrene or resin. I use a self etching primer then use a regular primer and if you do that paint will stick just fine.

Actually I use a mixture of wonderflex and styrene. Wonderflex is a closed cell almost foam board plastic, it is pretty easy to cut and can be heat form to the desired shape. Styrene is just plastic sheeting. A lot of hobby models are made using it becasuse once scored it breaks clean and so you cen get very small details. With all of my build wether its wonderflex, styrene or resin. I use a self etching primer then use a regular primer and if you do that paint will stick just fine.

Whats the wonderflex and styrene like to work with, how hot do you have to get it for it to bend around (can I use a hair dryer) also are they lightweight? I'm looking for something rigid and strong but not heavy

Whats the wonderflex and styrene like to work with, how hot do you have to get it for it to bend around (can I use a hair dryer) also are they lightweight? I'm looking for something rigid and strong but not heavy

Wonderflex and styrene are both cool products to work with and very lightweight. I use a heat gun to form them both I don't think a hair dryer would get quite hot enough.

Sorry about the lack of updates on this project. I have been filling a bunch of Borderlands orders so I can have time to work on this again. Anyway I have been putting off the cloth part of this project because I have never had to sew anything in my life. I have been playing around with the machine and hope to get some real work done on the upper section over the next couple of days.

IMG_2142_zps61a91837.jpg

Re: DEAD SPACE Issac Clarke Level 3 Suit - Updated 2/12/14

Update Time

Ok, so my back is jacked up and it hurts like hell. But I have to get this done by mid March so the progress must continue. I hunched over a sewing machine and got the shoulder and cest leather done. I also had to cut up and sew the grey undersuit because it was way to big. For having never sewn in my life I am pretty pleased with myself.

IMG_2146_zps1f77b162.jpg

IMG_2152_zpsba884878.jpg

IMG_2154_zps051ab0dd.jpg

ds35_zps51775b58.jpg

Re: DEAD SPACE Issac Clarke Level 3 Suit - Updated 2/14/14

That looks really good, man. I was in a rut on my own build but seeing all of this progress re-inspired me lol. All I can say at this point is fantastic. Can't wait to see the whole thing at 100%! That leather material is friggin' perfect too.

for never sewing anything in your life, you got some pretty decent straight lines there.

That looks great, perfect chocie of material :thumbsup

Thanks! I am still looking for pants and gloves, but it is starting to come together! I just have to keep busting my ass because Planet Comicon is March 14

That looks really good, man. I was in a rut on my own build but seeing all of this progress re-inspired me lol. All I can say at this point is fantastic. Can't wait to see the whole thing at 100%! That leather material is friggin' perfect too.

Thanks! I can't wait to see it complete either :)
I was in a rut too! I sat back and looked at how many hours of work I have put into this build. Then realized that I have so many more to complete it.

But I have come so far I don't want to rush it now and make something look sloppy.

Dont worry about going slow, nobody ever gets complimented on fast shoddy work. I never have played the game, i did buy one of the figures when they were released since it was so cool looking. I really am enjoying this build. I also wouldnt mind seeing a version of one like the SDCC version of the figure that was released, black with either silver or white writing on each piece of armor. Really great job!

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back