Darth Vader square shroud dedicated stunt saber + Barbican

View attachment 1723865
Hey all! Good news, the cards came in early and I’m doing some weathering and soldering tests today. I’ll take some more photos this afternoon but in this shot, from left to right are: Vintage Finish side A, Vintage Finish side B, Silver Soldered side A and Plain.

The toughest part of this is making sure the silver solder on the thin traces doesn’t come all the way to the thick traces, and that they stop flat and even in the right spot according to the reference.

These should be ready to go for the saber run!
quick thought, your last weathered tests look much darker than the weathering sample you posted before, the Barbican card is not very dark, so I would go as Dark as those last tests personally. Other than that, the partial soldering looks awesome :)

quick thought, your last weathered tests look much darker than the weathering sample you posted before, the Barbican card is not very dark, so I would go as Dark as those last tests personally. Other than that, the partial soldering looks awesome :)
Will do, it’s actually easier to get it a little lighter.

slothfurnace_barbican_02.jpg

What do we think here, original dark roast on left, medium roast on right... plain on far right below.

slothfurnace_barbican_03.jpg

One or two of the closeup shots I have of this card seem dark, but then some shots seem lighter. Fiberglass PCB material is notoriously hard to photograph, due to the way it diffuses light on the inside of it. It always seems darker than real life to me, again, depending on lighting.

Not to go off topic, but you might also want to also offer that in the Graflex size. It was used on the Wampa Cave saber and was a Hoth belt hanger with the beer tab still intact and a small knurl red button on top.

If you do make a full graflex size…. could make one side with the fat trace at the end and the opposite side just all the thin traces with the bit of gold like you did here…. ;)

Damn, it's too bad we didn't discuss this before as Brad could have ordered a large batch of long cards and probably cut a bunch of those for the Barbican, now that means he would need to order another batch for the Luke ESB, and not sure there is enough interest for this version alone. damnit!

First of many of @eethan’s stunt kits I plan to build. This one is special as it’s the ESB variant. Since there aren’t a lot of references, some artistic license has been taken but I tried to get the grips as close to what I was seeing in screen grabs.

IMG_7472.jpeg
IMG_7471.jpeg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back