Darth Vader reveal mask from ROTJ

Well, this is my first Darth Vader reveal project , still a work in progress and I know that the dome ring and face vents are wrong but I will be fixing it when, and if I can find correct parts I'm a new member and I just thought I'd share my love of star wars with you all.

Attachments

• 20220515_151717.jpg
    20220515_151717.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 756
  • 20220515_151311.jpg
    20220515_151311.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 336
  • 20220515_151544.jpg
    20220515_151544.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 482
  • 20220515_151259.jpg
    20220515_151259.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 484
  • 20220515_151004.jpg
    20220515_151004.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 391
Well, this is my first Darth Vader reveal project , still a work in progress and I know that the dome ring and face vents are wrong but I will be fixing it when, and if I can find correct parts I'm a new member and I just thought I'd share my love of star wars with you all.
Hate to tell you this mate but thats a ROTS reveal because its symmetrical with grooves down the both sides of the face starting from eyes, it looks like a ROTJ helmet because its done in a ROTJ paint style with ROTJ greeblies and with a trimmed neck if you wanna reshape that to look like a ROTJ there would be nothing left of the original helmet, if you still have your heart set on a ROTJ reveal helmet I would recommend trying to make a ROTS helmet out of it (extending the neck guard, all black paint scheme and different greeblies) to sell it and get some money back off it, also do you have a pic of the dome?

Last edited:
Hate to tell you this mate but thats a ROTS reveal because its symmetrical with grooves down the both sides of the face starting from eyes, it looks like a ROTJ helmet because its done in a ROTJ paint style with ROTJ greeblies and with a trimmed neck if you wanna reshape that to look like a ROTJ there would be nothing left of the original helmet, if you still have your heart set on a ROTJ reveal helmet I would recommend trying to make a ROTS helmet out of it (extending the neck guard, all black paint scheme and different greeblies) to sell it and get some money back off it, also do you have a pic of the dome?
ARGH!! thanks for the heads up, think I'll just look for a ROTJ mask and start over, I'm new to all this so it's good to get the feedback.

Attachments

• 20220516_065007.jpg
    20220516_065007.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 109
  • 20220516_065135.jpg
    20220516_065135.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 100
ARGH!! thanks for the heads up, think I'll just look for a ROTJ mask and start over, I'm new to all this so it's good to get the feedback.
Its no problem and yep the domes ROTS as well because the domes brow that go's all the way to the back is softer than any of the OT helmets one sides the one thing that puzzles me though is that one side of the dome is longer than the other (might be a slightly warped casting or somefin) If I were you I'd keep the greeblies that are ROTJ on the helmet and leave any that aren't before gettin thinking about gettin rid of it because not many people sell a complete reveal as is.

Now that I renember there is a member here who made a fusion helmet like this 'Shenpong' his name was.
Yeah, think I'll finish it and build a ROTS helmet as well, building it has been a great learning experience for me, I really want something that's movie accurate and a ROTS helmet will be a real challenge, and thanks to everyone for letting me know how much you like my build so far. More pics to come as the build continuous.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to connect the dome with the mask? or any reference pics that would be helpful? Because at the moment the only reference I can find are not related to the reveal mask, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Has your MR dome the inside details also casted?The MR works with magnets to attche the dome to the mask.
It should be possible because all the details on the top of the facemask are casted with the mask and not glued parts like on a real ROTJ reveal mask.

Has your MR dome the inside details also casted?The MR works with magnets to attche the dome to the mask.
It should be possible because all the details on the top of the facemask are casted with the mask and not glued parts like on a real ROTJ reveal mask.

Hi kroenen77, I've built this up from a raw fibreglass blank so all the parts used for the dome have been individually glued in place, as you can see the inside of the dome is bare fibreglass, the only metal on the dome is the central ring but I will be replacing it with a new one which I will hopefully get from bengrim when he is back from his holiday. ( by the way I've seen your work, " very cool " ...

Attachments

• 16533210178973119439195720011585.jpg
    16533210178973119439195720011585.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 99
  • 16533210698502487330494061682275.jpg
    16533210698502487330494061682275.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 87
Hi kroenen77, I've built this up from a raw fibreglass blank so all the parts used for the dome have been individually glued in place, as you can see the inside of the dome is bare fibreglass, the only metal on the dome is the central ring but I will be replacing it with a new one which I will hopefully get from bengrim when he is back from his holiday. ( by the way I've seen your work, " very cool " ...
I forgot to add that I cut the original dome off because it was misshaped and replaced it with a metal one so yes the entire dome is made of metal , I used a lid from an old cooking pot that my wife donated.

I forgot to add that I cut the original dome off because it was misshaped and replaced it with a metal one so yes the entire dome is made of metal , I used a lid from an old cooking pot that

I forgot to add that I cut the original dome off because it was misshaped and replaced it with a metal one so yes the entire dome is made of metal , I used a lid from an old cooking pot that my wife donated.
When I said that I cut the original dome off I meant the top of the mask.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back