Cyborg Darth Maul Costume WIP

Darth Serberus

I've been toying with the idea for a year or two since I first saw this concept pic. After having so much fun on the stilts with my Tarfful build I thought I'd have another go.
The Digi-legs shouldn't be too tricky as I have made some in the past. The hardest thing will be the body paint which would take a couple of hours alone (not a nice way to start a troop!) I was thinking instead of using bodypaint to make a body suit skin that I can just slip into. The only make-up then has to go on my head.
Still undecided as to which version to go for, this one...
Visionaries_Darth_Maul.jpg

...this one...
cyborg_darth_maul_by_harben_pictures-d3rcakb.jpg

...or this one?
484px-DarthMaulTCW-RevengeTrivia.jpg

Should have it ready for...erm...the...erm... end of times?? maybe!

if it were me I would go Clone Wars only because the Horns and everything are pretty much the same as Ep1 and I enjoy using what I have.

If I were you, I would go with building what you see in the first or second pictures. He just looks so much more menacing in those pictures, and I absolutely HATE the Clone Wars. (Also, the cape on the second picture would definitely be a nice addition to your costume.)

Think I'm gonna have to go with version 2 as everyone seems to be liking that one better. Probably do the cloak and gloves as an extra anyway.
I have my regular Maul horns but I can't go half way on this so I going to sculpt some new longer versions. I could use the horns from my Savage Opress costume but Maul's has a slightly different style.

This is great. I too have just started the planning phase of this costume myself and am looking forward to seeing how yours and mine come out.

-GZH

#2 is a great choice. I've done the full-body before, and it's a PITA if you're a perfectionist about that sort of thing. Or if you sweat like a pig. I could only get it going on for a few hours outdoors, then had to flee inside and swap out. But then, I wasn't working with the best of paints at the time. =)

I really like the 2nd picture. Maybe it's just me, but I'm not a fan of the longer horns. I like the looks of the shorter ones way better.

Regardless, I can't wait to see how you'll do with this!

Weta digilegs are ordered and should be in any day now. Then I can have a play around and see what needs to be done. I want to try to cheat the eye and get those hips looking a bit narrower. Wearing a body skin will help with that.
I'll post up some pics and maybe a quick vid of the digilegs in action.
Gonna have to spend a bit of time up grading them first as the largest ones I ordered are just on the short side for my leg length.

Yes you are correct. Weta do not sell these commercially any more. I ordered mine from Area 51 in the UK. They produce the exact copy of the ones developed by Kim Graham and Weta.
I spoke to Area 51 yesterday and my stilts are being shipped today! So I should have them tp play with next week hopefully.
Here's a vid made by Area 51 of their Digileg stlits-
DIGILEGS by Area 51 - YouTube

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back