Cyberpunk city diorama

Thank you. Ged-san! :lol: :notworthy:
Michael-san gave me a good question. So I am thinking about how do I make it. Maybe hand write them one by one is one good way. The pinhole airbrush will be useful. But if there is a narrow space, how about making some decals?
As Analyzer-san show me recently, American graffiti is an art. Maybe I should learn them by the time.

Slowly but made some progress.

View attachment 1670806
I just wanted to see if it works.
I tried to use the heat-shrinking tube for the short skirt for this lady.

View attachment 1670807

View attachment 1670808

View attachment 1670809

Looking good. Maybe it's good for a few other dresses as well.

I don't know if it's good or bad but, so far I didn't have any hard time getting the shape of female figures. I and you gentlemen would instinctively find out any discrepancy with a real woman's body line. We are great surveyors.

By the way, has anybody been watching the latest HBO TV show 'The last of us'? It is so great as good as the original PS game. My best recommendation.

Thanks for looking!

katsu

I think the heat shrink tubing is a great idea as far as getting something to look form fitting. The only concern I might have is painting it. Not sure if you might need some kind of special primer to get paint t stick to the rubber or not. But in the case of a black dress though, it will not matter and probably is a good way to simulate something like black leather

As for the decals, hand painting is obviously more unique and I think your skills are definitely up to the challenge, but as a time saver you always go the decals route. There are lots of decals available for model railroads of various scales, with O scale or G scale probably being the most useful for you
Here are some examples

Graffiti Model Railroad Decals

Of course you can always just use those as some guides for ideas along with some real life pics

I haven't seen all of "The Last of Us" but I've certainly enjoyed what I have seen.

So will any of your figures have cybernetics?

That's good! Me, I'm playing the game simultaneously.
And you know the TV show is very fidelity to the original game story.

And Yes, I think I will add some chrome parts for the enhanced human body.

I think the heat shrink tubing is a great idea as far as getting something to look
form fitting. The only concern I might have is painting it. Not sure if you might need some kind of special primer to get paint t stick to the rubber or not. But in the case of a black dress though, it will not matter and probably is a good way to simulate something like black leather

As for the decals, hand painting is obviously more unique and I think your skills are definitely up to the challenge, but as a time saver you always go the decals route. There are lots of decals available for model railroads of various scales, with O scale or G scale probably being the most useful for you

Here are some examples

Graffiti Model Railroad Decals

Of course you can always just use those as some guides for ideas along with some real life pics

The paint job issue for those rubbers is unknown right now. I will check later but I may have to paint it after fitting it. As usual, fit and primer, and paint.

And again, thanks for the good info. I didn't come up with the idea of using model railroad decals. That will be a great backup for my work.

Thanks a lot, My friends!

katsu

1676844679992.png

That's good! Me, I'm playing the game simultaneously.
And you know the TV show is very fidelity to the original game story.

And Yes, I think I will add some chrome parts for the enhanced human body.

The paint job issue for those rubbers is unknown right now. I will check later but I may have to paint it after fitting it. As usual, fit and primer, and paint.

And again, thanks for the good info. I didn't come up with the idea of using model railroad decals. That will be a great backup for my work.

Thanks a lot, My friends!

katsu

View attachment 1671686
Domo Arigato, Mr. Cat-o!

Katsu-san, you’re not getting any younger but I honestly believe that your skills are improving with your ‘great age’...., start taking your ‘time’ mate !.
After all, your expertise not only with modelling, but also with home renovations, furniture building, gardening, cosplaying, great parenting etc, etc, etc ..., and cooking (which is what we miss most !) you must take care of yourself ! :ninja:(y), but not too long....., our patience has a limit!:devil::rolleyes::p

I always remind myself that I got a great team of cheer boys and that is the reason I could have been carrying on. I'm lucky. Thank you, my friends!

I came back to my workbench and started to build. Still, I have to work on such a small part but I'm OK.

I printed out some CM posters and applied a bit.
Most of them are the CM poster of the 70s - 80s.
Nowadays, they will indeed be blamed by the female rights conserve army here in Japan.

LngAFi9.jpg

Mjpxfwa.jpg

5V8au40.jpg

At this moment, a dozen of figures are almost completed.

no2v5Qh.jpg

2oGvRhz.jpg

pRWTE0S.jpg

UEGBHqF.jpg

I thought that using those kit figures would save time in the first place. That was my mistake. It made no difference if I made them from scratch. :unsure:

Last weekend, I was working on replacing our car's headlights.

I bought the headlight assembly at Amazon USA and replaced it myself. Because I got a quote from a repair shop and they said $900. It cost me about $300, but the fogged bulb shield was brand new now. This car was produced in 2006. We bought this car in 2011. 5 years old but it was a pretty good condition. Since then we love this car and the car has been running more than 100 thousand miles without any trouble. The paint is still shiny and The body is solid and doesn't even creak. Last year, we sent it to the workshop for total maintenance. It cost us $2300 but they said it can run another hundred thousand miles for sure.

KzpVAZt.jpg

UuJc1bf.jpg

In American movies and dramas, we often see people driving very old cars. That's something you don't see very often in Japan. Most Japanese will replace it within 4 to 6 years. But I want to drive a car that I like and love for as long as possible. Please tell me how is your ride.:D

Thanks for looking!

katsu

Katsu-San, good to see you feeling better.

First, the build is AMAZING.

Second, the mini posters are Naked-Mole-Rat approved.

Third, can I have the lady in the fish-net blouse? ☺️

Lastly, I drive a car at last 10 years before I get a new one. I have a 2017 Hyundai Elantra that I bought in 2020, because I totaled my Rouge.

Katsu-San, good to see you feeling better.

First, the build is AMAZING.

Second, the mini posters are Naked-Mole-Rat approved.

Third, can I have the lady in the fish-net blouse? ☺️

Lastly, I drive a car at last 10 years before I get a new one. I have a 2017 Hyundai Elantra that I bought in 2020, because I totaled my Rouge.
First, thank you so much!

Second, that's relieving me! :lol:

Third, I'll let her come to you. :lol: I was looking for a very fine mesh net for the gothic fashion ladies. But was none. So I consult my daughter Yuki. Quickly, she gave me that net that is available in her textile stocks. That is so fine and soft and, fittable to the body of the figure.

Lastly, thanks for the reply. Nissan Rouge is a good car and very popular here. That's a happy retirement for her. (y)The Japanese name is Extrail. Also, Hunday sells many attractive cars. It's a wonder Hyundai doesn't have a sales station in Japan. :unsure:

In addition. Buy American, sir! :mad:

Katsu:D

I love the combination of the lace and shrink tubing for the clothing. Looks perfect for that type of outfit

Your doing some really cool mods to the figures.

As far as owning a car, I have a Ford Fusiion 2010 hybrid. I got it used back in 2017. It had only 20,000 miles on it at the time and it has been a great car. I have put close to 100,000 miles on it since then and have not run into any issues beyond the normal replacing of the brakes and tires every so often

Before that, the only new car I ever own was a 2000 Subura Outback. I ran that to nearly 200,000 miles and close to 17 years before having to give up on it

The posters are looking good mate !, the Walkman on the buttocks is especially appealing !:p:lol:.....
As far as cars go, I’m currently driving and enjoying a 2010 Nissan Micra. She’s still running sweet and and I’m hoping that she’ll be o.k. for many more years.
My first car purchased after getting my drivers license (1982) was a classic at least for me !..... a 1970 Holden HG 4 door sedan.
Loved that car, original front & rear bench seats, original 186 engine and an updated cool stereo setup. Unfortunately a ‘driver’ in a VW comby with a roo-bar, running a red light killed her.....:(

Great update Katsu-san (y) (y) :notworthy::notworthy: This diorama is a one of a kind for sure!!
Thank you always, joberg-san!
I'm really liking this world you are making Katsu-san. Posters are perfect. The figures are going to fit right in when you finish them to your liking.

I drive a 2007 Hyundai Elantra, less then 100,000 miles on it.

Thank you, stevie-san!
2007 Elantra is a good-looking compact machine.

I love the combination of the lace and shrink tubing for the clothing. Looks perfect for that type of outfit

Your doing some really cool mods to the figures.

As far as owning a car, I have a Ford Fusiion 2010 hybrid. I got it used back in 2017. It had only 20,000 miles on it at the time and it has been a great car. I have put close to 100,000 miles on it since then and have not run into any issues beyond the normal replacing of the brakes and tires every so often

Before that, the only new car I ever own was a 2000 Subura Outback. I ran that to nearly 200,000 miles and close to 17 years before having to give up on it

Thank you, Analyzer-san. Choosing a hybrid car is a wise decision.
The later model of the Ford Fusion is cool. Subaru Legacy Outback is very popular here in Japan since the first model. I used to want to buy one.
200,000 miles...wow!

The posters and figures look great. Love the high collar jacket guy. I'd totally wear that jacket.

I had a 1998 2-door Toyota RAV 4, and loved it. Sadly, it died after ONLY 21 years... (engine died, the rest was still plenty serviceable.)
Thank you, Tom-san!
Oh, the first model of RAV 4 was so popular with younger people.
And the latest model is still so popular. Some of my wife's colleagues want to buy and ordered it. They say they have to wait for a year until the delivery. :oops:

Thank you for the reply, my friends! So far I'm working on a paint job of those figures. Very frustrating work but I keep on working. I may I can post up the results in a couple of days.

katsu

OAh0q1w.jpg

Y4xawnF.jpg

LSC1ivc.jpg

c1lAdIQ.jpg

4ZvpTcn.jpg

L5SYbQ7.jpg

So far, this two have been almost finished. Lady in blue is a mistress of a Joker? and the black beauty is some kind of a street bouncer or mercenary, or assassin? She is a physically augmented person. It may need a few more detailing. I have to finish this two tomorrow.

Sorry about the very slow progress.

Thanks for looking,

katsu

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back