Cyberpunk city diorama

Amazing thread! I’m really enjoying your work, I’m excited to read your next post. Thank you for sharing your exceptional skills!
Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to see what I've been working on.
You are very welcome and I'm happy if my little work entertains you.

katsu

Congratulation on Independence Day on the 4th of July.
I saw the sad news that happened in Chicago. All I can do is just pray for the innocent victims.

Jedi-Michael-san !!
I hope your bunch of projects went thru in many fine consequences. And hoping your hard work is fully rewarded.
But if you are still on it, take good care of your health.

katsu

Last edited:
Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to see what I've been working on.
You are very welcome and I'm happy if my little work entertains you.

katsu
It’s more than entertaining, it’s inspirational and a pure joy to look at/read. I’ve got so many unfinished (small in comparison) projects about, I couldn’t imagine working on something of this scale.

Recently, I'm having a fearful feeling that I'm gradually losing my ability for those small and precise work. My eyes are getting weaker and I feel my hands are awkward. Whatever, I have to manage to do anyway.

Thanks!

katsu

My eyes are also getting weaker thanks to age. I have had to wear glasses now for the past few years in order to paint

I am starting to think bigger in terms of models. Those 1/48 and larger kits are a lot more appealing now compared to 1/72 or 1/144

My eyes are also getting weaker thanks to age. I have had to wear glasses now for the past few years in order to paint

I am starting to think bigger in terms of models. Those 1/48 and larger kits are a lot more appealing now compared to 1/72 or 1/144
You are still young. I started to wear glasses at 55. That was a shock to me cause I've been keeping a 20 - 10 vision till then.
Working on a larger scale model is a good idea. You can put more detail on it. (y)

My family went up to McCall, Idaho for a little one night vacation about 2 and a half hours from where I live.
Theres a super popular ice cream shop in the ally way, (where we had to wait 30 mins just to order, its worth it)
Well, these AC units were on the building and if course it made me think of this build you are doing.
Anyone behind me probably wonding why in the world I'm taking pictures if AC units. Hahaha
20220706_203608.jpg

By the time we got the ice cream and mostly ate it, sun was setting, so I had to get some cool pics over the lake.
20220706_211356.jpg

My Mom got a pic of me. I'll post more in the official pictures thread.
20220706_211148.jpg

Nice to hear you had a wonderful time with your family. Especially with ice cream. Ice cream has many unforgettable memory for me. And all the memories are happy ones. Whenever I eat ice cream I remind those.
I already decided that if I can eat the last meal before I die, it's a cup of ice cream.
Your ice cream memory would be a happy one.
Thank you for taking the pics of aircon! That made me smile! And the sunset lake. The atmosphere and water look crystal clear. And you look so relaxed.

You are still young. I started to wear glasses at 55. That was a shock to me cause I've been keeping a 20 - 10 vision till then.
Working on a larger scale model is a good idea. You can put more detail on it. (y)
I've worn glasses since I was 8 years old.
I'm 50 now, and my eyesight has gotten so bad I can't build models anymore.
I can barely read my phone. :(

Yes, it is nice.
After a successful, yet stressful firework show for July 4th, needed to relax a bit.
Enjoy that icecream.

I knew you make it!

I've worn glasses since I was 8 years old.
I'm 50 now, and my eyesight has gotten so bad I can't build models anymore.
I can barely read my phone. :(
It's too bad, Axlotl-san.
As you say, I often thought that those pieces of equipment are made for younger people. There is some way to magnify the display but still, I got to read a small words till I found it.
Here is the magnifying eyeglass I recently wear for the model building.
It's good.

1657235508483.png

I'm typical presbyopia. I have a good vision of far sight. I can see clearly anything more than 1 m away. Instead, I can't see the things at hand without glasses. Flustrating! I think I'm gonna start smoking. :rolleyes:

ditto. I still have good vision except up close (anything closer then arms length gets blurry)

When I go out and forget my glasses, I am stuck trying to hold things out as far as I can to try reading it

664a99b1709530dd2f73b5f7e94ddce0.jpg

Hey, hey, hey, Gentlemen!
It looks like old people are bragging about their illness in the hospital or barber's waiting room.
The government says we will have a hundred years life span. Maybe we can get a new pair of eyeballs soon.

'There's always hope even when you missed the light.'

↑ Once the station staff of the Japan Railway told me at Tokyo station.
Hope and Light - 'Kibou' and 'Hikari' - is both the name of a bullet train. :lol:

You guys should remember.:p(y)

Six months after the uproar of the assassination of Eldon Tyrell and the series of incidents before and after that. A lawyer visited our mountain lodge at the foot of the Colorado Mountains. It's no use if you want to ask how they found this hideout. While Rachael fixed him some coffee, The lawyer pull out some papers from his pig skin briefcase.
Tyrell left a legacy to Rachael. Everybody can leave their legacy to their loved ones. For their dog cat and, even to a replicant. Maybe it's not a big amount for Tyrell himself. Maybe less than his daily working capital. but was breathtaking for me. Rachael didn't care. All her clear and present interest was what's for dinner tonight.

Finally, we decided to back to the city.
We found a pretty old but cozy apartment in downtown Los Angeles.
Our new life has slowly started.

F8vu8KD.jpg

p9WJ8Qw.jpg

jUD6CyY.jpg

MjxahIq.jpg

OtkH6GC.jpg

GPniKf8.jpg

YyiEFO7.jpg

Thanks for looking.

katsu

Thank you so much, MoleRat-san, and Snow Builder-san!

It took many hours to come up with an idea about a Textile-like wall and how to make it.

RgJD9LW.jpg

Q1k9dHh.jpg

EGosAdV.jpg

nkGQYyk.jpg

oQMleTy.jpg

Ceiling

AIIrKVP.jpg

The lighting of the rooms

ryRkwd9.jpg

EQAR3nR.jpg

oa5UeM7.jpg

0MuqJGY.jpg

A8U0mcG.jpg

AYNA3Ae.jpg

Bathroom

KvraYq2.jpg

I have to think about the fixture in the kitchen. The stove, refrigerator, sink, dining table, chairs, sofa, bathtub, etc., etc.

Thanks for looking,

katsu

Attachments

• KvraYq2.jpg
    KvraYq2.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 40
  • AYNA3Ae.jpg
    AYNA3Ae.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 38
  • A8U0mcG.jpg
    A8U0mcG.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 50
  • 0MuqJGY.jpg
    0MuqJGY.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 40
  • oa5UeM7.jpg
    oa5UeM7.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 40
  • EQAR3nR.jpg
    EQAR3nR.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 44
  • ryRkwd9.jpg
    ryRkwd9.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 41
Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back