Cyberpunk city diorama

yuumi2891103

Master Member
Hi!
Here's my next project to build.

This is the 'idea' of my wife. Since I have been stuck on the video game Cyberpunk 2077 for more than a month.
She suggested I build a diorama of it.

So far, I'm continuing to build a pre-production 1/2 scale mockup. The actual model would be 1/24 - 1/20.
People and any vehicles on the streets will be made from scratch.

Z2f16xK.jpg

SAURn4t.jpg

qNZrp11.jpg

EoqzgBN.jpg

I will post the progress from time to time.

Thanks for looking!

katsu

Look at you go. haha
Never play it, but have seen stuff from it.
:lol:Thanks, Michael-san!
All aboard ! It's the Katsu-train taking you for another exciting ride
Looking forward to seeing it unfold, Katsu-san !

:lol:Train? Naaa. Check my last work, George-san! That was a 'Jungle River Ride' :eek: o_O

Eager to see your next update Katsu-san(y):notworthy::notworthy:
Thank you, joberg-san!
woohoo - Katsu-san is back in the building shed!
Oh, Lanby-san! Thank you!

As I posted the same on the AAV Drop ship thread too, but, one of the things I'm afraid of is the diorama might be looking like a construction miniature in an architectural office. Small, neat, and cohesive. It's all right to me somehow but that is not what I want to express. I have to think about the difference between those miniatures and the one I want to build.

Here is the Japanese word "Mitate".
It is a very difficult word to explain even to Japanese natives.
This word has several meanings.
Diagnose, Evaluate, Select, and Compare.
Also, metaphors in an artistic way.
Japanese gardens often (or most of the time) use some sort of "look-alike" technique. For example, in 'Kre-Sansui' adry gardens, white sand, and pebbles (patterns) can be considered "flows of water." They dare not use real water to enjoy the look-alike (Mitate).
Something I would say is that "Mitate" is a skillful combination of different dimensional senses.

Sometimes, I can find the strangeness of the combination in the work of the modeler in RPF threads. Those works are very charming. It may be very difficult for me to express it in my model but the thought of those is one of the fun of building.

Kare-Sansui
1649296871911.png

Bon-Kei
1649296973279.png

1649297027701.png

If you have any comments or questions, I will be happy to talk about them.

Katsu

I always loved the Bonsai Art and Japanese garden diorama. In my mind the word "Mitate" is close to "Imitate". To re-create an image of Nature and transform it into Art is, for me, part of the Truth in Beauty;)(y)(y):notworthy::notworthy:

Thanks for the comment, joberg-san.
It is very curious but we Japanese younger generation used to think about the Bonsai as a hobby for the aged man. And still, now, it's common sense here.
It's the stereotype scene in every TV show or movie that an old man in a kimono robe with scissors in his hands.
Of course, the Bonsai needs patient care and a decent cost to keep it.
Contrary, maybe western people didn't have such stereotypes. you just found the pure essence of the beauty.

Today, I've drawn some rough sketches of the vehicle. It is so awkward to show my original design of the vehicle to the people living in the empire of automobiles. So I am willing to accept any criticism.

Frankly, I don't like today's design of automobiles. Especially, domestic cars. The juvenile era of our generation was the heaven of automobiles. Not only American cars but even domestic car was so attractive to us. In fact, there is a boom of the old cars of the 60s for the same generation as me. It is transacting with rather high value.

P0S8VYF.jpg

0W70z9R.jpg

F7LxODj.jpg

QzwnKp2.jpg

shbsW2U.jpg

The vehicles that appear in the game Cyberpunk 2077 are too much cool for the diorama this time. And even the designs of Syd Mead are too sophisticated for this diorama, too. I need them a little more retro, as I saw in the juvenile magazine at the time. A human-smelling thing. Metallic paint, chrome-plated grills, bumpers, something like that.

Ok, beat me with your comment! I'm ready! Bring it on!! I'm gonna get drunk before I read. :p

Thanks for watching,
katsu

I like the Vanity GTO! I already find myself wondering what color I would want! Black? Midnight blue? Or more Steve McQueen/Le Mans racing stripes? So many options - but that is future challenge. The cars look great!

I love those. There was a movie called THE CAR in 1977 that might also fit. I also like the automobiles of yesterday.

Thank you so muuuch!!
Yesterday's automobile had A 'Emotional' taste.

I like the Vanity GTO! I already find myself wondering what color I would want! Black? Midnight blue? Or more Steve McQueen/Le Mans racing stripes? So many options - but that is future challenge. The cars look great!

Whoa!! Thank you so much for your pleasant comment! It's really inspiring me.
You have a nice taste of it!

I love the '70s Mustang Mach 1, Shelby Cobra, Chevy Camaro, and Chevelle! Dodge Challenger? Oh, yeah, Many of those cars still rock me. I don't think that I will be able to own those cars and ride but dreams are dreams!

katsu

Thanks for the comment, joberg-san.
It is very curious but we Japanese younger generation used to think about the Bonsai as a hobby for the aged man. And still, now, it's common sense here.
It's the stereotype scene in every TV show or movie that an old man in a kimono robe with scissors in his hands.
Of course, the Bonsai needs patient care and a decent cost to keep it.
Contrary, maybe western people didn't have such stereotypes. you just found the pure essence of the beauty.
For sure, the Japanese garden and the Bonsai, by the same token, was the exploration of transforming Nature into our sense of esthetics.
It's true, also, that tending a Bonsai for many generations is very Zen.(y) Your mind has no thoughts at all during that period;)
As for the cyberpunk dio; I think the vehicles could be a mix of models you see in India or Asia (small Moppets type) and vehicles transformed with some greeblies added to them.(y) The ones you did are very Lady Penelope from Thunderbirds:)

+1 on older designs perhaps being even cooler than today's.
I like some of the cars from Transformers G1 (previously a japanese animation series Diaclone,hence the reference), like the Porsche 924 GT Carrera, the japanese police car Datsun 280ZX Turbo a.k.a. 'Fairlady', Chevrolet Corvette C3, Lamborghini Countach LP500S, etc. And to top it off...my car would have a big-*** Autobot sticker on the hood :cool:
Newer designs that are more organic don't appeal anymore, so I can relate.
Whatever you decide to make, Katsu-san, it'll be awesome(y)

What a great new project and a real departure for your other ideas. Can't wait to see how it progresses!

Oh, Snow Builder-san! Thanks for dropping by.

Very cool designs!

My personal favorites is the vanity GTO and Minx turbo

Thank you, Analyzer-san! I'm happy to hear that.

+1 on older designs perhaps being even cooler than today's.
I like some of the cars from Transformers G1 (previously a japanese animation series Diaclone,hence the reference), like the Porsche 924 GT Carrera, the japanese police car Datsun 280ZX Turbo a.k.a. 'Fairlady', Chevrolet Corvette C3, Lamborghini Countach LP500S, etc. And to top it off...my car would have a big-*** Autobot sticker on the hood :cool:
Newer designs that are more organic don't appeal anymore, so I can relate.
Whatever you decide to make, Katsu-san, it'll be awesome(y)

You got a nice taste! George-san!
I'm thinking that some of the cars might have an attachment on the exterior.
That might look futuristic.

Well, it's not good enough to show you so far, but I'm still working on this. - Not on a sandwitch.

Cp1hjMi.jpg

IcRoIgt.jpg

2X6mD9c.jpg

Qz7K2Q5.jpg

1Z7deXJ.jpg

Thanks for looking,

katsu

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back