Custom 'ruiner' Updated Cast On Page 7.

Nice armature work....Did you guess the demendions visually for that or are you going off of inside information for the biohelmet?

That gun looks wicked awsome...What was that peice you used for the base?

Nice armature work....Did you guess the demendions visually for that or are you going off of inside information for the biohelmet?

That gun looks wicked awsome...What was that peice you used for the base?

I measured out the wire to a size that was similar to the sizes of other bio dimensions and went with it.

As for the plasma caster... I used an AXE body wash bottle for the base. Simple, effective, and smells good, .

Never would have thought to use AXE containers for a plasma caster....but it makes so much sence now that you mention it. :S

I know its to late to vote on inspirational images for your helmet but, I really like the first image, the fourth image and the sixth. Your really a great visual artist.

Can't really offer advice on the shroud, all my bios so far have been built from pepkura images and cardboard still, so your advanced so far byond my ability its dazeling.

Never would have thought to use AXE containers for a plasma caster....but it makes so much sence now that you mention it. :S

I know its to late to vote on inspirational images for your helmet but, I really like the first image, the fourth image and the sixth. Your really a great visual artist.

Can't really offer advice on the shroud, all my bios so far have been built from pepkura images and cardboard still, so your advanced so far byond my ability its dazeling.
...thanks man. I did stray from the sketches though, simply because my mind wandered away from it.

As for being "advanced"... very flattering... but I am at the lowest level of creation as far as most of the Guys and Ladies on here. I mean, I have nothing on a good percentage of them. :D

BTW... would I be able to pigment the cast with powdered pigment or would it be more wise to use liquid?

The reason I ask is because I wanted to purchase this metallic black type of pigment in powder form. I think it would look good in my casting of this piece?

Do you have a link to the Casting Powder? Some you simply just brush into the mold prior to pouring your resin. If it's the cast magic powder from smooth on, it works best if you generously brush your metalling powder into the mold, then knock out the excess. After that pour in some Black tinted resin.

Well, got the rest of my order placed. I am still trying to come to terms with how expensive it is to make these bios come to fruition.

DAMN! Oh well, it will be worth it in the end. As for the pigment, I went ahead with some liquid black. No need for fancy schmancy stuff. Especially when they will be painted and what not.

Started molding this bad boy tonight. Have 3 layers on so far. Probably going to stop at 5-6 and hope that will do.

Then tomorrow I will slap the mother mold on and hopefully get a cast out of it within 48...

Well... just to let you all know that I am working on this...
2nd layer good.jpg

3rd layer.jpg

5th layer.jpg

I skipped the 1st layer picture because I got so excited and forgot to take one. So the pics are of the 2nd, 3rd, and 5th layers. I have just enough to put a sixth layer on and make sure I get it nice and completely covered.

This is nerve wracking. :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back