Custom Bullseye WIP - pic heavy

SMP Designs

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
New project underway! This thread will cover the build of a custom concept Bullseye. This version of the character is being based on this design by John Gallagher that was sent to me by the client.
bull-ref-1.jpg

I began the project by working on the mock ups for the upper half of the suit. Based on the measurements sent by the client, I created fitting blocks for the shirt, vest and cowl.
bull-top-1.jpg
bull-top-2.jpg
bull-cowl-3.jpg

Once I had fitting notes back from the client, I began working up the final patterns and kicked off the build. I decided to begin with the cowl.
The cowl is based on a new design I’ve come up with and I’m testing it on this project as well as a new Batman project. For Bullseye, the cowl will be largely fabric with some stretch areas built in. There will be fabric covered EVA foam details and the face plate will be EVA foam that’s built to integrate to the cowl and include a cast rubber target for the forehead.
I began by taking the mock up apart and laying out the pattern.
bull-cowl-5.jpg

The cowl was then pieced together in cordura, jumbo spandex, eva foam and faux leather.
bull-cowl-6.jpg
bull-cowl-7.jpg

I then finalized the face plate pattern and cut it from 6mm EVA foam. I cut the detail lines into the foam and heat formed the piece to fit with the cowl.
bull-cowl-2.jpg
bull-cowl-8.jpg

Here’s the face plate pinned to the cowl. It will be sealed, coated with Plasti-Dip and painted before being attached to the cowl.
bull-cowl-9.jpg

In the meantime, Jordan has been working on the models and printing for the shoulder armor (based on templates from the Mar-vell build) and the forehead target.
bull-acces-1.jpg
mar-vell-pieces-4.jpg

Next up, the vest gets underway. Stay tuned!

Last edited:
It's a short update today, but I'm pretty happy with the progress so far. So, picking up where I left off...

While the accessory pieces were getting underway, I got started on the upper body. I began with the shirt sleeves. I took the mock up apart, traced out the sleeve patterns and drew in the details that I wanted to include.
bull-top-3.jpg

The base for the sleeves is muslin with cordura on the outer sleeves and faux leather on the under sleeves. I then added the ‘armor’ details using headliner foam covered with faux leather. They back section of the under sleeves is jumbo spandex to give movement.
bull-top-4.jpg

Once the sleeves were assembled, I added the shoulders, built the body of the shirt in black ponte and attached them.
bull-top-5.jpg

I then tested the look of the cowl with the shirt so that I could see how the pieces matched up.
bull-top-6.jpg

Next, I got started on the vest. The vest is similar to Punisher and Daredevil and will zip up the sides. The front is muslin covered with black cordura and then I started layering up the details.
The reference doesn’t have a very clear view of the chest and torso, except some of the abs. So, I decided to take it in my own direction and borrow some details from both Punisher and Daredevil to make it look like it fits into the Netflix/MCU.
Here’s the front of the vest with the abs partially completed and the whole upper body together at this point.
bull-top-7.jpg
bull-top-8.jpg

Next, the vest will get completed and the pants will get underway. Stay tuned…

This makes me sad that there won't be a season 4of Daredevil. The rumor was that season would focus on a fully formed Bullseye.... That would be a great time to introduce THIS costume. It would fit right in!!!

Hi all! After a manic few months since August, I'm finally getting back to catching up on write ups and projects.

So, continuing on Bullseye where I left off, the next step on the vest was to add the the lower straps and the padded chest plates.

bull-top-9.jpg
bull-top-10.jpg

The straps were next. These were lightly padded with headliner foam and decorative webbing and tri-glides were sewn to the top. These were then attached to the front under the chest plates.

bull-top-11a.jpg
bull-top-12.jpg

To complete the vest, I built the back. Though there are no pictures of the build process for the back, it was done in the same manner as the front – a lined cordura base with the details built up from headliner foam, 2mm craft foam, cordura and faux leather.

The image below shows the vest before the shoulder blades were added. Once complete, the back was attached at the shoulders and side zippers were added.

bull-top-14.jpg

Once the top of the costume was complete. I moved on the the pants. The pants have faux leather details that tie-into the vest, cordura panels with angled seam lines, feature stretch panels in the crotch and lower legs and have elastic straps and clips around the thighs as in the source artwork.

bull-pant-1.jpg
bull-pant-2.jpg
bull-pant-3.jpg

Next up: the accessories!

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back