csea33's 2013 Halloween Costume Contest Entry

csea33

this is my costume thread for the 2013 halloween costume contest. i am entering my iron batman or "Iron Knight" costume. i came across the photo one day just searching around on google images iron batman.jpg i made it out of EVA foam and custom made the helmet by fusing jfcustom's TDK cowl foam unfold and sharkman's iron man helmet. i used dancinfool's mark III foam files and robo3867's mark IV/VI foam files. a definite challenge that got me stuck was the mark III abs and cod which i made too small twice. so i ended up just using the mark IV abs. this is my first actual decent costume. others that i have made were a freehand iron man suit of cardboard which i ended up just throwing away and a cardboard iron patriot which i did in 1 1/2 weeks with jackieisrockin's files which fell apart as i walked in it (seen here) i expect better from this suit i have spent a lot of time on it and it is pretty sturdy so far. i am very proud of this one hope you guys like it

100_3251.JPG100_3252.JPG

Attachments

• 100_3253.JPG
    100_3253.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 232
  • 100_3254.JPG
    100_3254.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 201
  • 100_3256.JPG
    100_3256.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 220
  • 100_3257.JPG
    100_3257.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 204
  • iron knight1.jpg
    iron knight1.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 225
  • iron knight2.jpg
    iron knight2.jpg
    188.2 KB · Views: 218
  • iron knight3.jpg
    iron knight3.jpg
    186.1 KB · Views: 288
  • iron knight4.jpg
    iron knight4.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 196
Last edited:
what i forgot to mention recently is that the original iron batman helmet was too small so i needed to make a new one. i only had 4 days to make it so i took war machine templates and tdk cowl templates and traced them on foam and then cardboard so i made the helmet from foam first and then covered it with cardboard. i didnt have time to strengthen and sand and fill spots so i just painted it and the end result looked terrible. i was so unhappy. the original helmet is so much better. but i will enter with the new helmet i will try to find a good picnew helmet.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

iron batman spirit week1.jpg here is one from spirit week

- - - Updated - - -

that is me in iron batman, green arrow, russian batman, and green lantern if anyone wondered lol

- - - Updated - - -

Michael Bergeron i will get a pic in the gallery probably by saturday thanks!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back