Crysis Nanosuit - has anyone done one?

Re: Crysis Nanosuit

From a customer perspective I'm really looking forward seeing the first parts and hopefully in the end a full suit that is worth for spending money for. Can be great fun running around at a parade or party in this suit.

Hopefully it allows movement, doesn't kill you with heat and let you do basic needs like sitting, drinking and going to toilet just in case. :)

From a customer perspective I'm really looking forward seeing the first parts and hopefully in the end a full suit that is worth for spending money for. Can be great fun running around at a parade or party in this suit.

Hopefully it allows movement, doesn't kill you with heat and let you do basic needs like sitting, drinking and going to toilet just in case. :)

I agree, I'd love to see someone create a real, wearable version of this suit. I'd be up for it aswell, heres hoping!?

As for the essentials, a BIG YEAH FOR THE TOILET NEEDS! so many costumes aint rigged for the much needed pee break, not too mention the ever required sweat break, YUK!

I've got a great foam that both my techs locally and up in NY told me would be great... after the White ranger suit I might just be taking a peek at this... might take some prescience over the Iron Man / War Machine suits... this is something bad ass..

@darthchiro sweet! cant wait to see what you come up with :D

as for me im currently researching material to use for this build, and i will post tutorial when i get started on it. I have some few ideas in getting materials that resemble the design. if you like we can team up and be the ones to finally create one. i though i throw it out there.

im getting all giddy in starting this project. ^.^

I agree, I'd love to see someone create a real, wearable version of this suit. I'd be up for it aswell, heres hoping!?

As for the essentials, a BIG YEAH FOR THE TOILET NEEDS! so many costumes aint rigged for the much needed pee break, not too mention the ever required sweat break, YUK!

I think it's also difficult to make this suit fitting a wide range of body shapes. I'm a slim guy and would need some filling material to create this V upper body shape. This would maybe increase heat and reduce the flexibility for moving. I'm very much looking forward seeing the first attempts in creating such a suit.

I could give it a go if there is enough interest. I did a quick test this morning, rough shape and paint, the base of the paint needs to be a darker grey than what I used, but this suit is doable.

demo.jpg

DSC01126.jpg

To do this costume fully accurate I think that the hexagonal pattern would need to be a texture and not just painted/screened on. If you take a close look at the render, especially around the chest, the hexes look like they're raised ever so slightly giving (me) the impression that they're dark grey hexes over a lighter grey backing.

really? do we need to be that picky? The pic I used is a fan made hi detail render so the texture is anyones guess. The official pics of the suit, appear to be smooth I can make it slightly textured but I think the smooth will do just fine.

really? do we need to be that picky? The pic I used is a fan made hi detail render so the texture is anyones guess. The official pics of the suit, appear to be smooth I can make it slightly textured but I think the smooth will do just fine.

Go big or go home pansy!! LoL

No, I think you're right - smooth would be just fine, no reason to go through all that stress of trying to do an impression to "raise" some detailing...

Unless you're at a con where there is a $10,000 first place price Lol

If anyone wants to give me 10G I will do the texture no problem, But in this ecomony is hard to just get enough to break even for time spent and materials!!!:lol

Funny, this is one of the few times that I've actually heard anybody on this board saying that close enough is good enough. Most of the time it seems that people here are totally anal about every tiny little detail on a costume wanting to accurately duplicate their favorite costume down to every last nick, scratch, ding, and bad stitching. Don't take this the wrong way though, I'm typically one of those close enough is good enough types though I can be nitpicky on details at times but not to the point of duplicating the flaws in the original.

Re: Crysis Nano Suit

I'm also looking forward that someone creative is making a wearable crysis suit that can also be bought. Would love to run around with such a suit.
Dude i am looking for a wearable nanosuit too. it is even cooler then storm trooper :) i mailed CRyteck if they is a wearable costume avaliable or not and waiting for reply.

Hey there, funny to see someone wanting to do the stuff I see everyday.

Thing is, there's some way to fetch up the 3D from the game quite easily. If you have the game, use the SandBox editor. Open whatever level, importe Brush -> Character - > Nanosuit ( it's in two parts, body and helmet ). Then, do Export to OBJ in the main menu. Voilà, here your are with the complete geometry of the suit, usable in most 3D packages. :)

As far as I am concerned, Nanosuit 1 is cooler than its predecessor, but that's just me. :)

Good luck building this one, I'll keep an eye on your progress ! ;)

Hey there, funny to see someone wanting to do the stuff I see everyday.

Thing is, there's some way to fetch up the 3D from the game quite easily. If you have the game, use the SandBox editor. Open whatever level, importe Brush -> Character - > Nanosuit ( it's in two parts, body and helmet ). Then, do Export to OBJ in the main menu. Voilà, here your are with the complete geometry of the suit, usable in most 3D packages. :)

As far as I am concerned, Nanosuit 1 is cooler than its predecessor, but that's just me. :)

Good luck building this one, I'll keep an eye on your progress ! ;)

Thanks for the info, but I'm not pepping this suit if that were you getting. Dont have any against pep, but i dont think pep would suit this organic looking suit. I could be wrong...Most likely free hand it. i know a pretty good material to use...well a couple that flexible. just need to buy some :wacko

Thanks for the info, but I'm not pepping this suit if that were you getting. Dont have any against pep, but i dont think pep would suit this organic looking suit. I could be wrong...Most likely free hand it. i know a pretty good material to use...well a couple that flexible. just need to buy some :wacko

Yeah this isn't best pepped,

You would litterally be a statue. I'd just scratch build it with one of the crazy foams people are using out there these days, since its so organic.
or make it a hybrid plastic,foam type suit depending on area being built.

I'm saying this because sculpting it and casting it in latex would be more expensive.

Just to confirm what Riceball said. The hexagon pattern does exist, because the whole idea is the hexes are like small armor scales that can be destroyed when taking a hit in " Maximum Armor " mode, to be immediately replaced by new ones below.

Such a pattern could be done with a special stamp on a sculpture, that would be quick; Anyway, Darthchiro, your render is great !

If you want more close shot of the suit, take a look to the game's cinematic intro; I think there is a lot of material here. :)

in the render it looks to me like it's supposed to represent some type of carbon fiber-esque material. i don't think that it would be textured... from my perspective it looks like the hexagon pattern is under the glossy top layer... like carbon fiber.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back