Creality Ender 3 - Fun with Printing

Without knowing the history of your machine or number of user hours, I can only recommend the obvious and should be
checked periodically anyway.
There could be multiple causes to what you describe and you should always start with a a well tuned machine before changing any settings.
During previous usage, has your machine always worked well and the problem has just developed?
Do you have pictures to show the printers most recent prints for a more accurate diagnosis?
The first couple things I would check, is to see if the X gantry stays completely horizontal and parallel
with the frame as it moves up the Z axis and that the print surface (bed) is very flat and it stays level (parallel) with the
X gantry throughout the print (left to right) as well.
If the right side does not stay at the same height as the left (Z drive) side moves up, it will no longer be parallel with the
table.
Use a small ruler (scale) to measure the distance from the frame to the same spot on the gantry rail and that
everything is tight with no slop in the guide wheels.
If it is the ENDER 3 you are having issues with and the gantry is no longer parallel, it will have to be adjusted and the screws
will have to be tightened sufficiently.
But to get at them, there will have to be some disassembly however.

Last edited:
If it's left to right angle is because of a problem with your xaxis Possibly loose belt, wheels, stepper error. Start researching those issues.

I visited Thingiverse and found a challenging knife handle .stl to print.
It indicates that it was modeled for a CNC (cut away material) machine, but I wanted to see
if it would print using (Additive technology - FDM) 3D style printing on my ENDER 3.
It's only half the handle, but I wanted to see how it would turn out printing PLA.

Knife Handle 5 piece by DoctorBaf

Not perfect, but I think it did adequately for a .4mm nozzle. You can still see some of the details.

knife handle A sm.jpg

knife handle B sm.jpg

knife handle C sm.jpg

Has anyone else had an issue where as each layer is placed, they progressively shift to the left so that when the print is finished, the print goes up at an angle? I've had this happen for the past 3 prints, but what I'm printing doesn't have this angle in the modeling software.
You have layer shift and it can be caused by several different things usually a loose belt or pully causing it to slip -- check here
https://forums.matterhackers.com/topic/76/how-to-fix-shifting-layers

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back