Cpt. America aluminium shield

Gam3r

I have been trying to find a place where I can buy an aluminium plate to make a shield out of, but here in Norway, stuff like that is hard to come by. Is there a internet site that makes these type of things? I have found the Snow Sled thing on Amazon, but it costs almost 100 euros, and plus shipping and toll charges, that will be almost 200 euros.. Any ideas?

-Gam3r-

I have seen spun blanks for sale on ebay but shipping from the States will be what really increases the cost.
Wish I had a reason to visit Europe/Norway, that would save on shipping.

I'd find a local metal/machining shop and ask them if they can produce one for you if the cost of shipping is too high. There are other options too, you could find something g of approximately the same shape and make it work. I used an old combine blade

Thanks for checking it out, but three were out of stock and the last one wanted almost $500 to ship to norway :p So that's a no-go :p

I'd find a local metal/machining shop and ask them if they can produce one for you if the cost of shipping is too high. There are other options too, you could find something g of approximately the same shape and make it work. I used an old combine blade

I'm gonna see if I can get an old sattelite dish, they look pretty similar :p

Satellite dish is a good idea.
Since that dish isn't metal, have you had a look at the ABS shields on Aliexpress?

That shield looks good, and the price is not bad...but I kinda want to make it myself ;) Buying a finished one is easy... Haha!

I'm gonna see if I can get an old sattelite dish, they look pretty similar :p

I used a satellite dish for one that I did several years ago. The only thing with using one of those is that you can't use the bare metal since its galvanized steel (I think) and has that blotchy finish.

Think I'm gonna try and finish the cardboard/wallfiller shield I started a few weeks ago.. Need to be sanded a whole bunch and primed and painted. I'm not gonna use it for cosplay, so don't need to fix the handels. It's gonna hang on my wall :) Here's what I've done so far :)

WP_20150325_19_02_59_Pro.jpg

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back