Unlimited Run Falcon targetting computer kits + Machined aluminium Michell replica greeblies

Others should chime in here with their measurements, but this is what I get:

From this image of yours, where we have the known Michell speed control vane knob with a diameter of 0.5 inch, I determined the diameter of the narrower portion of the 'top hat' to be 0.4".

1675460399343-png.png

Then, using this image, I use the 0.4" diameter of the narrow portion as a calibrator to get the other dimensions.

DroidPlugs2 copy.jpg

Again, others should chime in, but this is a start...

Dan

Others should chime in here with their measurements, but this is what I get:

From this image of yours, where we have the known Michell speed control vane knob with a diameter of 0.5 inch, I determined the diameter of the narrower portion of the 'top hat' to be 0.4".

View attachment 1671893

Then, using this image, I use the 0.4" diameter of the narrow portion as a calibrator to get the other dimensions.

View attachment 1671894

Again, others should chime in, but this is a start...

Dan
Thank you Dan!
I'll be also modeling the interrogation droid myself and see what I come up with. I also have a Ti3500, so I'll double check with the Xwing control prop.
Just need a few days as I'm busy busy as always!
Cheers

Some pics to show the size and space available for the tophat part that sits on top of the Tie controls. This particular tophat looks like it has a metalic base, as apposed to the black and grey base on the others.

I think the sizings here pretty much fall into line with 3DImpact's findinigs but some cross-checking would be good to be sure.

Attachments

• TieControl Size1.JPG
    TieControl Size1.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 85
  • TieControl Size2.JPG
    TieControl Size2.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 79
  • TieControl Size3.JPG
    TieControl Size3.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 76
  • TieControl Size4.JPG
    TieControl Size4.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 72
  • TieControl Size5.JPG
    TieControl Size5.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 80
  • TieControl Size6.JPG
    TieControl Size6.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 76
  • TieControl Size7.JPG
    TieControl Size7.JPG
    633.2 KB · Views: 75
  • TieControl Size8.JPG
    TieControl Size8.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 79
  • 101_3938edit1b.JPG
    101_3938edit1b.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 88
  • 101_4670edit2.jpg
    101_4670edit2.jpg
    794.2 KB · Views: 90
Received some greeblies parts today =D

Excellent quality work, fast shipping and very well package!

Big thanks Eethan it is an amazing job

(Waiting for news parts to come now :lol: )

IMG_20230301_112758952.jpg
IMG_20230301_112600428.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20230301_112717359.jpg
    IMG_20230301_112717359.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 58
Hey guys,
I was able to work on modelling, persp matching the small top hat tube today :)
I have a calculator matching the Xwing controls so that was pretty easy and the result should be pretty accurate in size thanks to that :)
size based on the calculator:
match_01.jpg

match_02.jpg

proportions based on the good references from the interogation droid!
match_03.jpg

my final size for those is 12mm diameter and 13.5mm high :) a bit smaller than what Dan found above but I think the calculator match is a quite accurate method to get the size for those :)
I'll be machining a bunch of those tomorrow as I have some time on the lathe!
I'll be using a tube for those like I think the originals are, so they will need gluing, there won't be a screw to secure them.

my idea over time is to have a mostly full interogation droid kit available. but I'm doing the parts one by one when I have time for now as I have bigger prioritary projects to do first!
cheers :)

Hey guys,
I was able to work on modelling, persp matching the small top hat tube today :)
I have a calculator matching the Xwing controls so that was pretty easy and the result should be pretty accurate in size thanks to that :)
size based on the calculator:
View attachment 1677159
View attachment 1677161
proportions based on the good references from the interogation droid!
View attachment 1677162

my final size for those is 12mm diameter and 13.5mm high :) a bit smaller than what Dan found above but I think the calculator match is a quite accurate method to get the size for those :)
I'll be machining a bunch of those tomorrow as I have some time on the lathe!
I'll be using a tube for those like I think the originals are, so they will need gluing, there won't be a screw to secure them.

my idea over time is to have a mostly full interogation droid kit available. but I'm doing the parts one by one when I have time for now as I have bigger prioritary projects to do first!
cheers :)
Awesome. You know I'll take a set.

hey guys,
the top hat tube greeblies are added to my website now, 4.25€ a piece, I hope that's ok, it's based on the actual time it took me to machine them today, I did 32 of those, will do more if needed!
IMG_20230308_183920.jpg

IMG_20230308_183849.jpg

so, from what I can count, there are 2 of those on the Falcon gun controls, or looking at Dan's replica, maybe 3 with one on the other side!:
1678299709140.png

two of those on the Xwing controls:
1678299737248.png

and I can count 8 of those on the interogation droid:
1678299847324.png

there is a 12€ minimum order on my website, i have to do that to try to avoid loosing too much time sending international orders with customs declaration and all for very low amounts. i need to save as much time as possible to concentrate on the good stuff, make more cool parts for everyone!
if you have nothing else to order from me and don't need those right away, no need to order this very moment, I'll make sure to keep those stock all the time, they are easy to squeeze in production anytime and don't require special setup to make.

cheers

Last edited:
by the way, and this might interest people doing an Xwing control panel and wanting to group a bit, I think i'll offer (soonish) wood buttons as seen on the Vader chest box and the Xwing control. I don't know if anyone else does that, but I have been wanting to do that for a while to offer something authentic and made of wood! after all, I'm initially more of a woodworker and i have been machining parts like crazy for a couple years and almost haven't touched wood since then!

oh, I am also adding right now some 15mm red lenses that I purshassed last year for my ZF-1 project but were actually the wrong size for this. I realized lately that those might be used on the Xwing panel as well as the TIE fighter pilots I think? those might not be the exact variation, i encourage you to make your own research for this. But they are useless to me and if it can help someone buying on my website with something else, it's good!
IMG_20230308_195229.jpg

IMG_20230308_195237.jpg

IMG_20230308_195212.jpg

Holy crap I had no idea you were doing this eethan beautiful work!

Wavey what movie is that where these parts show up? I see more greeblies in those screenshots than what we’re talking about. Message me if it has to stay private, or post on the greeblie/control panel thread!

Fantastic, hats off to eethan! It don't get better than that and it's in metal!!

thd9791 - that's some grabs from Moonraker. There's a couple more greeblies in that scene, such as a red panel lamp lens and another type of indented disc. I can imagine all these original metal parts just piled up in some old plastic icecream tubs, lol.

hey there :)
new batch available, now with 4 flutes and a set screw on one side (purely decorative)
IMG_20230320_183730.jpg

a couple 3 fluted knobs left in stock in case anyone wants them at some point... they are slightly cheaper than the 4 flutes ones!
cheers

Oh, nice work on the 4-fluted versions! I guess I'll have to get a couple of those.

In the mean time, here's a comparison between the previous best guess on the 'top hat' found part (hydraulic fitting, on the left) versus your machined versions (on the right) from measurements from reference images:

IMG_0325_small.jpg

Dan

Oh, nice work on the 4-fluted versions! I guess I'll have to get a couple of those.

In the mean time, here's a comparison between the previous best guess on the 'top hat' found part (hydraulic fitting, on the left) versus your machined versions (on the right) from measurements from reference images:

View attachment 1681912

Dan
Thank you for the comparison, quite different! Looking forward to see it on your final prop :)

Hey guys,
just want to announce full aluminium convertion kits for the Falcon gun turret display coming up next-next-week normally,
falcon_gun_display_large.jpg

It's a bit silly, I'm just waiting for the large red stickers that are apparently coming next Saturday for some reason. everything else is ready :) (for a few kits at least, since I don't know how demanded this will be)
IMG_20230630_112836.jpg

IMG_20230320_183730.jpg

IMG_20230308_183849.jpg

IMG_20230202_185410.jpg

cheers

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back