Cougar's Predator build

cougar184

starting up my build page parts should start showing up tomorrow so pics soon to follow. going to be doing a hybrid predator build for my first build just going to have fun with it. I value your guy's input so if there is something that I should change while im building and painting things up let me know!

pic time!

my mask showed up at lunch time today so could not wait to get home to start working on it. I think I made some good progress tonight. please give me honest feedback this is my first mask ive painted
DSCF2443.jpg

DSCF2445.jpg

DSCF2444.jpg

thanks corey for the mask! GREAT SCULPT

great start mate looking real good XD just keep going with the layers and dots cant wait to see the finished result good luck XD

You're off to a great start so far. Like predator_addict said, I'd just keep up with the layering and the spots. I'd also fill in a little more in the middle on the forehead and on the cheeks, since they're sort of one solid color at the moment. But you're doing quite well so far.

(Oh, and let me know if we're still on for Saturday.)

looks great for day 1. honestly, its such an awesome sculpt that i think no matter how you paint it, its gonna look amazing. great job though...and i agree with the more spots idea, i love some spots!

honest opinion.. slow down... why do i say that.. it looks like you have gotten some spider legs with the spots... just take your time doing them..

colours are looking good otherwise and blending nicely

Looking good mate, amazing job for your first time, looks sweet. Going to agree with Tuath too, slow down. Easy for me to say i know cos I imaagine it's an awesome feeling when you get your first mask. :p

thanks for the input guys! added a lot more spots and tried to slow down a bit. I was trying a few different ways to paint the spots but I found free hand with out a template worked the best. ill have some pics soon of more of the paint work. I'm pretty much done with painting the mask just finished putting the gloss coat on and will be starting on the dreads as soon as I get them. im hoping to start on the body suit some time this week so more pics to come.

well pretty much done with the mask for now. when I have some extra time I think I want to do something with the teeth
not bad for a first paint job
DSCF2447.jpg

I can't believe that's your first paintup. Looks great, man! Love that you used the quills more sparingly in specific places. Really helps the look of the ugly mother. :(

well pretty much done with the mask for now. when I have some extra time I think I want to do something with the teeth
not bad for a first paint job
DSCF2447.jpg
Looking good. Looking REAL good. I'm looking forward to your completed suit. I bet it'll be a kickass suit, and I'd like you to bring it to the Predator Hunting Party room that I'm planning for Crypticon in November.

Speaking of cons, are you planning to bring it to CONvergence next summer? (A long ways off, I know.)

should be at both cons! convergence Im planning on having this suit and my ironman suit again.

question for anyone reading this.
whats the best foam to use if im filling latex armor?

Looking good. Looking REAL good. I'm looking forward to your completed suit. I bet it'll be a kickass suit, and I'd like you to bring it to the Predator Hunting Party room that I'm planning for Crypticon in November.

Speaking of cons, are you planning to bring it to CONvergence next summer? (A long ways off, I know.)

making some progress the hands and torso are very close to being ready for paint. should be done with the skins by the end of next week.
DSCF2487.jpg

It's coming along nicely. I bet you'll have a great paintup when you're done, too. I can't wait to see this in person. And I like the way your son is getting into it, too.

making progress on the body suit. I ran out of paint so im waiting for some more to show up so I can finish my shading and skin colors. im hoping to start in onthe dots this weekend! the shading on the pic looks a bit dark but in person I think it looks spot on.

DSCF2488.jpg

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back