Coollekotten's Art

More updates you say?
Well then, how about this:

Today I finally got a hold on a guy that used to help me scan in drawings. He says he can help me and all is great until he asks what size it is... I say "A3" and he say "no can do, only A4 now" (for you who are not familiar with these terms, it means the size of the paper, with A3 being dubble the size of A4).

SO!

With me being stubborn I tried a new call to guy nr.2 that is pretty hard to get in touch with. But I finally did. And...

... Friday, 11.30 - IT IS ON!!
:D

Girlfriend... you are amazing in the talent you possess.

I always look forward to seeing your work. Can't wait to see more.

Muchos love for the art you give us. (y)

Finally, the wait is over. :)
Today I got to scan in a few older drawings that needed updated pictures, along with two new ones. I know you have already seen the older drawings, but I thought I could scan them in and put them up here anyway. If anyone wants to colour my drawings, ASK before, allright? :)

Lets start with the older ones:

Anytime (this one was made after P1 in the Cave and in this I worked more with skintexture and the armor. I wanted it to be VERY close to the original) :

anytime_01_by_coollekotten-d3knxzv.jpg

Long Time Sally (a female pred that I actually would want to make one day, I hope I will) :

long_time_sally_by_coollekotten-d3bzezd.jpg

Snake (one of the Lost Hunters that I like the most) :

p2__snake_by_coollekotten-d2xmdp1.jpg

Vikingpredator (my female character that I would like to turn in to a suit one day) :

conceptart___vikingpredator_18_by_coollekotten-d34h1s4.jpg

AND FINALLY
the P1 in the cave (When I first started this one I was very optimistic. "I can do that! I need a challenge!"
Well, I got a challenge... the surrounding was a pain in the neck to get right. Im still not satisfied with it, but I came to the point where I asked myself "does it really matter?" and Anytime is the main focus anyway so I let the surroundings more or less become a blur.) :

p1_in_the_cave_by_coollekotten-d4ao262.jpg

And not to forget,
Scout and Mr. Giggles on a hunt (I experimented alot with textures in this one. Not sure I will continue in this path but it sure was a learning experience with trying to get the armor and skin to look different, the shadows and dreads and everything... it was fun, but I sure am glad its over with!) :

scout_and_mr__giggles_by_coollekotten-d4ao2pm.jpg

Did you hear that?

And yes, full view is recommended!

Hope you enjoy them, every critic is welcome - it helps me get better and learn from my mistakes. :)

Have a nice weekend everybody! :D

WOW!!!!

At first glance I am rocked!! I need to study the detail in full view now. Thanks for sharing. Incredible eye candy for a Pred head like me :) :) :)

HOLY SHITBALLS! Damn, so much to look at. while all of it is incredibly awesome. i gotta say that pic of giggles is ,... just WOW.

man he looks evil. like deranged evil. :) it's awesome. man i like the ridges in the very back of the dome, wish i would have sculpted that. lol if i wasnt so impatient i could have waited for more pics lol

Talk about eye candy...and SIX drawings to boot! Now I have to spend the next half hour (not joking) absorbing all that wonderfully delicious detail.

This Bio is absolutely wicked:

Nicole.jpg.png

I love the eyes...they are very feminine and...well...perfect! The angle of that curve above the eyes...just perfect. You nailed it Nicole.

No critiques here...your work is just awesome to look at. Thank you for finally finishing the P1 in the cave...you really outdid yourself on that one. The work and time you put into each and every one of your drawings really shows...kudos Nicole ;)

Jehdin Thwei, Oh she's available allright.... for a reason.
Mohahaaa :devil:

Daman, do another one!
Hah, no, cant ask you for that...
About the ridges, I was playing around with the dome and those ridges seemed to fit great. You were practicly done with the bio at this time, so I didnt want to be a bother for you and change even more. I wasnt even sure I would keep them, but I ended up doing it. I guess its just one of those things that one can add to bio later on with some materials. :)
I will try to paint my bio this way. I, like you, really liked the stripes I did on my first Giggles drawing, but I added it a bit different in this one. I will try to make it as close to this drawing as I can. :)

(EDIT: missed you comment) Jason, Thank you! The bio is mainly P1 with the eyes being a bit more feminine.
And P1 in the cave, there was a time when I felt that is was impossible to continue working with it. It was one of my biggest drawings ever made, and the surroundings were a pain to get right. But Im glad I finished it. :) It will be up on my wall soon.

Oh, and forgot to add; the titel for the Scout and Giggles drawing, is "Did you hear that?". :p
And Scout and Giggles are brothers, by the way. Scout is the older one and works more or less as an arbitrator, with his kind-of-scythe as his favorite weapon. :)

Thank you very much for the comments! :love:

Made007, I use mainly 2H, HB, B, and 2B. :)
The 2H is bright and I mostly use that first to sketch out the drawings, but I also use them alot more afterwards. BUT! It is a hard pencil and can ruin the papers surface for another pencil - if you press too hard, it will create lines in the paper and thus it will show through when drawing with a darker,softer one. But I like the light grey it gives, fairly easy to erase too. :)

i dont like to use 2h, h works better for me, the 2h 3h etc, i used when drafting, but i dont do that anymore, take care and thanks for the info :)

I can't stop looking at the detail in these. I'm drawn in like a moth to a flame.... or rather a Predator to prey. I don't mean to spam comments, but seriously this is some wicked shiz. Just .....wow.

HOLY CAT NADS BATMAN!!!

Wow Kotten... everything I was thinking has already been said. You have progressed to the point where I believe you would be a very, very good artist for film concept and character creation. Have you ever pondered the thought of using your skills to further your life through your art?

...once again... AWESOME as ever. Killer work to the fullest.

Absolutely stunning as always!!!!! You've really outdone yourself with the detail in these ones. I mean seriously these are beyond awesome. I would love to see a suit made from your Viking Predator, i still love the concept you have for her. Keep up the drawing we always love to see more :)

Wow Kotten... everything I was thinking has already been said. You have progressed to the point where I believe you would be a very, very good artist for film concept and character creation. Have you ever pondered the thought of using your skills to further your life through your art?

Thank you,
and Yes I have. But where I live, that route is pretty tough. I do though, have alot of projects containing comics and storys that I - for the moment - is not showing anyone because they are not done. BUT! When they are, I will hopefully be able to get them published for everyone to see. :) I have hundreds of ideas for movies and storys but I find it hard to get it all down in writing. I do draw them all, but at the moment alot of the storys are stuck in my head.

Jehdin Thwei, you will find ALOT of details in the Scout and Giggles drawing, just dont get lost! :p
Not sure if anyone noticed yet, but if you look at Giggles (his left) leg armor, it is carrying a knife. :) P2 had a net gun, Giggles a knife. I wanted to further the concept with him having robotic legs, that he could be using them to store weapons and such. :)

Kala, I will do my best with the Vikingpredator suit. :D

Again,
THANK YOU everyone! It means alot to me, you are all great! :D

Pffffff, no updates since September?
Shame on me! :unsure:

So here you go my fellow pred heads, an update on my Vikingpredator. Thought it was time to draw her again.

conceptart___vikingpredator_19_by_coollekotten-d4iwft8.jpg

This has to be an own record for me, because I finished this drawing within one week. Yeah, you read it right, ONE WEEK. And that IS a record for me because I just draw so damn slow. But this time, I had the inspiration and sometimes, that is all it takes. :)

ANYWAY!
A new Vikingpredator concept, some parts are still bugging me but I like the overall look of it. Tried to make her skintexture and pattern a bit different then usual, more P2-ish with the stripes, yet not fully P2.

The bio is inspired of the simple lines of P1, but with a modified brow and crown. You might recognize the brow of it, and that is because I drew a bio like this before but more intricate and it just did not work in this drawing.
But I actually think this one turned out better then the previous one. This is the one Im talking about: [link] too much fuzz going on. Dont get me wrong, I like that one too but maybe more like a ceremonial bio.

I want to have that bio now... considering modifying a P1 when I have the money to do so. Will see how it goes. :)

Have a nice week everyone! :D

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back