Constantine Brass Knuckles

Wow, Big Difference. I wonder who the original maker was.

This prop is cool, but it could have been much a better design.

Thanks for the pics. Really good stuff. It's adding the NEXT LEVEL to the artwork.

FB

Awesome. I think we should strive to make the idealized version where text sizes match up and are as clean as possible. The front side looks to be the best example of the prop makers taking care in making the prop. Thanks for the grat pics, and descriptions.

Originally posted by TimDrakeRobin@Jan 23 2006, 12:29 AM
no idea what "ET CONTANTINUUM SPORATIS" means

but Holy Spiritus means "Holy Breath"
"Demon" means to prove, to indicate, show, describe, explain
[snapback]1165664[/snapback]​
It still looks like gibberish to me. Keeping in mind I'm going back like 18 years for this:

Et = "and" or "also"

Contantinuum could be a combination/misspelling of 2 words: "contantis" & "num", which IIRC, would be something like: "hesitant" & num being: "if", "whether", or "surely not".

Sporatis is meaningless to me. *shrugs*

BTW, the only definition I can recall for the word 'Demon', is with an implied 'a', as in 'Daemon', which would be 'evil spirit'.

I'll try to update the drawing as soon as I get a tracing and some closer pics from D48thRonin.

I'll post more things as soon as I get something.

FB

I just got some great info from D48thRonin. :D

I should have some revisions up as soon as I can get to work on it.

Thanks again D48thRonin.

FB

Looking really good, guys. :)

Tim(s): what's the best way to create these characters and line art in the master - laser engraving? acid etching? I'm not too familiar with the process, but I recall that a couple of members here have some experience with one or the other: wynnstudio, appliedmetal, propsculptor, and maybe a few others. Worth contacting them if you don't have a method locked down yet. :)

Good luck.

- Gabe

Good Question Prop Runner???

I've been looking into different methods, but none are cost effective enough.
I'll keep looking. Maybe the other Tim might know. :D

Here's the newest rendition. The type is idealized slightly, because I didn't like how the type goes of the cast.

Also, the pinky side (right) is made a little larger than the original. Proportionately it looks better I think. The pinky wall is to thin on the original and all the type gets lost. Plus if you jack someone in the jaw, you don't want the metal to bend. :lol

My original design was way off on the outline and type. This version is real close to the cast one. The Floral pattern I did was pretty close though. I'll fine tune it, then put it all together in my next update.

Now we need some creative types to step up and produce this thing.. I bet I can cut the floral pattern out of Linoleum, maybe even wax, but I don't know the first thing about casting. I would like to find someone passionate about the prop to help produce it.

franzbolo_1.gif

FB

Didn't someone here post that they just bought a 3D machine tha's able to engrave?
(think it was wynnstudio)

Wonder if that'd work with this project?

*ss*

This is looking so damn good. We just need someone who can make it to step forward.
Into The Light I command Thee.
100_3390.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
No one is going to pick this up? Come on.

Okay, I can look into making this, but I'd need to know who will 100% commit to it. It'd also help to have a CAD file. I've used *.DWF files in the past, but CAD programs can usually export in whatever file.

Anyway, I'd need to know a number. That's the most important thing in getting this made, because no shop will touch a project if you approach with no clue as to how many you want.

I didn't read the whole thread yet so not sure what you are looking for 100%

I can make a master out of acrylic if that is what you need. Just need some files.

let me know.

wynnstudio

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back