***COMPLETED**** Pcoz's Hasbro Hero Star Wars X-Wing Conversion

Cool.... Is that a good thing ? I'm Social Media Moron... never tweeted anything in my life, lol

I literally go on Facebook once a year to thank everybody for the birthday wishes and then disappear into the night.

- - - Updated - - -

Excellent job, Pcoz! Beautiful work!

Thank you.... a lot of work but also a lot of fun. You know, as much fun as you can have rebuilding the same crap over and over until you get it right, lol

Facebook? Twitter?? What the hell is that??!!

Congrats on that beautiful x-wing and making the twitter feed. Awesome job.

Looks brilliant! It reminds me of the large scale X wing that ILM built. Well done :)

Well....there's a reason for that. When I started weeding through the internet for reference photos, that big X-Wing (one off I'm assuming) on display was the one I found first.

Shhhhhh, don't tell anybody, but I didn't know the difference between a Revel X-Wing or an ILM X Wing back then....lol

In the end, I referenced the that large X-wing, the Red 5 Studio, Red 3 Studio, movie stills, and my own artistic liberty.....viola

Thanks for checking it out. Your own X-Wing is looking fantastic.

Well....there's a reason for that. When I started weeding through the internet for reference photos, that big X-Wing (one off I'm assuming) on display was the one I found first.

Shhhhhh, don't tell anybody, but I didn't know the difference between a Revel X-Wing or an ILM X Wing back then....lol

In the end, I referenced the that large X-wing, the Red 5 Studio, Red 3 Studio, movie stills, and my own artistic liberty.....viola

Thanks for checking it out. Your own X-Wing is looking fantastic.

You definitely had me thinking of the big ilm model. The weathering is spot on for this scale too. Absolutely fantastic job man! If you ever get the chance to view the large ilm miniature you definitely should.

Do you know what the measurments of your wooden base are? 20160803_190435.jpg20160803_190435.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Do you know what the measurments of your gun tower are ?20161103_165716_001.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Last question what are the measurmments of each square block are ?20160921_181156.jpg

I know this thread is an old one and it would be a "necropost", but after reading every single page of this incredible build, I just had to post in this topic! What turned into a cursory look-through an old topic ended up becoming a considerable portion of my day being wowes and awed by the process recorded herein. :yay:

This has to be one of the most extensive rebuilds I have ever seen of a toy into a true replica! My hats off to Pcoz and his tenacity, skill and determination into making this!!!

Take a bow, my friend! You deserve every accolade you get on this masterpiece! Bravo!!!
-pengbuzz

I know this thread is an old one and it would be a "necropost", but after reading every single page of this incredible build, I just had to post in this topic! What turned into a cursory look-through an old topic ended up becoming a considerable portion of my day being wowes and awed by the process recorded herein. :yay:

This has to be one of the most extensive rebuilds I have ever seen of a toy into a true replica! My hats off to Pcoz and his tenacity, skill and determination into making this!!!

Take a bow, my friend! You deserve every accolade you get on this masterpiece! Bravo!!!
-pengbuzz
Thank you so much!

If you did really read it all (I don't even think my powers of concentration would allow me even do that, lol) I appreciate your dedication and interest. As you can tell, I taught myself along the way. It was a great experience to figure things out with a lot of help from this community.

Thank you so much!

If you did really read it all (I don't even think my powers of concentration would allow me even do that, lol) I appreciate your dedication and interest. As you can tell, I taught myself along the way. It was a great experience to figure things out with a lot of help from this community.
You're so welcome! Thank you for sharing this with everyone here at RPF!

My background: I back in January, I had built one of MPC's 12 inch X-wing models and that needed a lot of work (or so I thought)After reading a little bit of your work in the topic, I was very much intrigued and decided to go to the beginning, to see how you did many of the details (albeit in larger form!).Star Wars MPC/ Ertl 1983 ROTJ X-Wing (1/43)

(yeah: once I find something interesting, I can end up "getting lost in it! lol! )

I was floored by the sheer amount of detail and work you put into this. Rebuilding the wings with new materials, new barrels for the laser cannons, trying to fit all that wire into the main body (and up into Artoo!), and the detail in the cockpit (lights included) were all just amazing! Winding wire around another to make the conduits in the cockpit alone would have given my wrists cramps for a month (carpal tunnel)!

I also liked your ideas for both the Death Star tile setup and the final base you used to mount your X-wing on (may try the "distressed Rebellion Phoenix" logo myself sometime!), as well as some of your other ideas on a smaller scale. I had trouble with mounting clear panels for the cockpit canopy too (replaced the chunk of clear plastic on mine with acetate and had trouble getting it to stay put!).

So yeah: I just might revisit mine after seeing what you accomplished here! :)

Re: Pcoz's Hasbro Hero Star Wars X-Wing Conversion

Hello people....

Finally found some time to sit down and post some progress pic's.

I have to say before I get started, I think I've come a long way and learned a lot in just this project alone. In the beginning, I was using balsa, foam, etc and it made things extremely difficult. Now that I'm learning techniques with styrene and greeblies that I've learned from you fine folks, things are going a lot smoother. Unfortunately for me, I wasted a LOT of time figuring things out and rebuilding things.

Lastly, in hindsight, I now definitely believe working around the existing Hasbro structure and crappy plastic is probably way more difficult than scratch building this thing.....

Anyhow, let's move on, shall we ?

I finished casting the internal engines

View attachment 619652 View attachment 619653

Then turned my attention to the lasers. Styrene sheets cut to install the paneling on each laser body.

View attachment 619654 View attachment 619655 View attachment 619656 View attachment 619661

View attachment 619662 View attachment 619665

For the top of the heat sink, I was looking at different reference photos and decided to use a good old foam sheet.

View attachment 619666 View attachment 619667 View attachment 619668 View attachment 619669

I'm going to show you another one of my screw ups. So I started building out the internal engine compartments from the left over balsa wood from my original wings so they wouldn't go to waste....BIG mistake....lol. You'll notice that the tops of each bay have a wide section of the toy that needs to be cut out. I also noticed that when I put the panels on, it covered up a lot of the bay and needed to be trimmed.....start over

View attachment 619672 View attachment 619673 View attachment 619674 View attachment 619676

I cut back the panel to reveal the tip of the wing that needed to be removed to line up with the engine compartment. I then cut even more of the toy frame off at the top.

View attachment 619677 View attachment 619678

Since I was worn out on that part, I needed something new to rejuvenate me.... probably the most exiting part of my build right here. I will rebuild the cockpit hatch later.

View attachment 619679 View attachment 619680

As I moved forward, I thought I'd better decide on how I'm going to display this x-wing when it's done. I settled on a table top presentation so you could actually see the details that I've been working on. If it was hanging from the ceiling, why hide all the work I've done ?

I cut a 2X4 and notched to fit inside the fuselage. I then drilled a hole in the bottom for maximum support.

View attachment 619681 View attachment 619682 View attachment 619683 View attachment 619684

Oops, hit my pic limit...

I'll be back.

Thanks for looking

Pcoz
You holding the guns really gives a sense of the scale! What is the overall length?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back