***COMPLETED**** Pcoz's Hasbro Hero Star Wars X-Wing Conversion

Pcoz

Re: Pcoz's Hasbro Hero Star Wars X-Wing Conversion

Well guys, this is probably just about it for this thread...I do plan on posting the outdoor pics and a video later.

Here are some of the final photos. I have to say, the size of this X-Wing makes photography extremely difficult !

Although I did scour over photos and movie stills for reference, at the end of the day, I did take some artistic liberties. I think it was mainly due to the large scale of this X-wing. I felt that if you examine it closely, it may look "over weathered" compared to the original scale model but since this is so much larger, I went for a somewhat more realistic weathering approach. When you see this from a normal viewing distance, I think it works well.

Anyway, here we go....

IMG_1982_zpshjg3vvdg.jpg

IMG_1986_zps2oxacfjs.jpg

IMG_1990_zpsdzjyn6nf.jpg

IMG_2001_zpsx5ebzdaf.jpg

IMG_2004_zpsa48vh99l.jpg

IMG_2005_zpslnjcwi41.jpg

IMG_2008_zps9xlbnjen.jpg

IMG_2013_zpso7yhtehf.jpg

IMG_2012_zps7oghnctg.jpg

IMG_2011_zpsdtgednl5.jpg

IMG_2014_zpsvcqmx9qu.jpg

IMG_2016_zpsrddpjrny.jpg

IMG_2018_zps8ctjkatv.jpg

IMG_2019_zps6hokifbl.jpg

IMG_2022_zpspq7wujbh.jpg

IMG_2023_zpski4qwhsn.jpg

IMG_2027_zpsjlgubmgm.jpg

IMG_2026_zpsyap47ix6.jpg

IMG_2029_zpsegau3lgx.jpg

IMG_2031_zpsgtihjvmw.jpg

IMG_2040_zpsui16bima.jpg

IMG_2039_zps3wriicyg.jpg

IMG_2042_zpsrll61lwx.jpg

IMG_2043_zpslfvdhbdn.jpg

IMG_2044_zps3mxgefhh.jpg

IMG_2049_zpse6btqe95.jpg

IMG_2073_zpsz7xptvff.jpg

IMG_2081_zpsbwoba2np.jpg

IMG_2093_zpsozkem9q7.jpg

IMG_2032_zpsilrjlvmr.jpg

20170403_222022_zpsjv6mi6ke.jpg

20170403_221809_zpsatnzy7o0.jpg

20170403_221946_zpsfwthtoqq.jpg

As always, thanks a lot for checking out my work here ! I can't even believe it's over....kind of feels like I'm sending a kid off to college or something. lol.

Anyway, I appreciate all the help, advice, and comments over the course of this project from all of you the members here at the RPF ! ;):thumbsup This is truly a fantastic site with a ton of talented and helpful people.

Since this was really my first crack at scratch building and modding, I definitely had a TON to learn. If you look back to the beginning, I don't think much of my original ideas survived as I learned a trick or new material to work with. So now I can take what I learned here and apply it to the next project !

Thanks !

yuumi2891103

Master Member
That's some awesome!
Lighting in a cockpit, pilot figure, very detailed tipping paint job and a neat display.
Very, very great job!!:thumbsup

katsu

gedmac66

Sr Member
G'day Pcoz ,
Congratulations on your beautiful build , and thanks for sharing ....Just finished going through your earlier ' BobaFett ' figurine thread ( another amazing project ! ) , and ended up on your scratch - mech thread . Was wondering , did you ever end up taking ' final / finished ' photos of that and if so where did you post them ? . You really do have enviable skills and talent mate .
Cheers Ged

Pcoz

Thanks a bunch guys, I really do appreciate the kind words, especially because I'm such a huge fan of a lot your work ! You guys have provided me a ton of inspiration and actually helped me complete this project ! (I'm a bit of a procrastinator :facepalm) In all honesty, it'd still be on the bench, lol

As soon as I get things together, I'll post those outdoor shots along with a video. The video is a must to see how the cockpit lighting turned out.

Also, yeah gedmac66, I did start to photograph my mech warrior, but I was having a hard time getting some good pic's.....I'll post those soon when I go to another location or two. Until then, here a a couple:

IMG_1356_zpsdwjlirxp.jpg

IMG_1354_zpsfikls8ci.jpg

IMG_1343_zpsk56oujz2.jpg

Thanks again for checking out my work !

Pcoz

That mech warrior is awesome! How tall is it?

Thanks Joe, that was my first ever scrap built. It's about 18-20" tall and made up of pvc fittings, foam board, flashlight parts, plastic shims, cordless mouse, pc speakers, balsa wood and a ton of scraps laying around. My only gripe is it turned out a little too monochromatic for me. I may give it a fresh paint job one day.

theyrenotdolls

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
such an amazing x wing build. love it Pcoz!!

i dont think it looks over weathered. just right.
the lighting is amazing.
the base is unique and beautiful.

yuumi2891103

Master Member
OMG!!

Your Mech blew me off far away!!(y)thumbsup

I was gonna make one of those but I gave up.
I'll never be able to make that impressive one like yours.

Can't wait to see more pics and videos!

katsu

Pcoz

OMG!!

Your Mech blew me off far away!!(y)thumbsup

I was gonna make one of those but I gave up.
I'll never be able to make that impressive one like yours.

Can't wait to see more pics and videos!

katsu

Thank you sir ! You would be great at building mechs ! Get on it after your battleship !

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.