***COMPLETED**** Pcoz's Hasbro Hero Star Wars X-Wing Conversion

Re: Pcoz's Hasbro Hero Star Wars X-Wing Conversion

Well guys, this is probably just about it for this thread...I do plan on posting the outdoor pics and a video later.

Here are some of the final photos. I have to say, the size of this X-Wing makes photography extremely difficult !

Although I did scour over photos and movie stills for reference, at the end of the day, I did take some artistic liberties. I think it was mainly due to the large scale of this X-wing. I felt that if you examine it closely, it may look "over weathered" compared to the original scale model but since this is so much larger, I went for a somewhat more realistic weathering approach. When you see this from a normal viewing distance, I think it works well.

Anyway, here we go....

IMG_1982_zpshjg3vvdg.jpg

IMG_1986_zps2oxacfjs.jpg

IMG_1990_zpsdzjyn6nf.jpg

IMG_2001_zpsx5ebzdaf.jpg

IMG_2004_zpsa48vh99l.jpg

IMG_2005_zpslnjcwi41.jpg

IMG_2008_zps9xlbnjen.jpg

IMG_2013_zpso7yhtehf.jpg

IMG_2012_zps7oghnctg.jpg

IMG_2011_zpsdtgednl5.jpg

IMG_2014_zpsvcqmx9qu.jpg

IMG_2016_zpsrddpjrny.jpg

IMG_2018_zps8ctjkatv.jpg

IMG_2019_zps6hokifbl.jpg

IMG_2022_zpspq7wujbh.jpg

IMG_2023_zpski4qwhsn.jpg

IMG_2027_zpsjlgubmgm.jpg

IMG_2026_zpsyap47ix6.jpg

IMG_2029_zpsegau3lgx.jpg

IMG_2031_zpsgtihjvmw.jpg

IMG_2040_zpsui16bima.jpg

IMG_2039_zps3wriicyg.jpg

IMG_2042_zpsrll61lwx.jpg

IMG_2043_zpslfvdhbdn.jpg

IMG_2044_zps3mxgefhh.jpg

IMG_2049_zpse6btqe95.jpg

IMG_2073_zpsz7xptvff.jpg

IMG_2081_zpsbwoba2np.jpg

IMG_2093_zpsozkem9q7.jpg

IMG_2032_zpsilrjlvmr.jpg

20170403_222022_zpsjv6mi6ke.jpg

20170403_221809_zpsatnzy7o0.jpg

20170403_221946_zpsfwthtoqq.jpg

As always, thanks a lot for checking out my work here ! I can't even believe it's over....kind of feels like I'm sending a kid off to college or something. lol.

Anyway, I appreciate all the help, advice, and comments over the course of this project from all of you the members here at the RPF ! ;):thumbsup This is truly a fantastic site with a ton of talented and helpful people.

Since this was really my first crack at scratch building and modding, I definitely had a TON to learn. If you look back to the beginning, I don't think much of my original ideas survived as I learned a trick or new material to work with. So now I can take what I learned here and apply it to the next project !

Thanks !

That's some awesome!
Lighting in a cockpit, pilot figure, very detailed tipping paint job and a neat display.
Very, very great job!!:thumbsup

katsu

G'day Pcoz ,
Congratulations on your beautiful build , and thanks for sharing ....Just finished going through your earlier ' BobaFett ' figurine thread ( another amazing project ! ) , and ended up on your scratch - mech thread . Was wondering , did you ever end up taking ' final / finished ' photos of that and if so where did you post them ? . You really do have enviable skills and talent mate .
Cheers Ged

Thanks a bunch guys, I really do appreciate the kind words, especially because I'm such a huge fan of a lot your work ! You guys have provided me a ton of inspiration and actually helped me complete this project ! (I'm a bit of a procrastinator :facepalm) In all honesty, it'd still be on the bench, lol

As soon as I get things together, I'll post those outdoor shots along with a video. The video is a must to see how the cockpit lighting turned out.

Also, yeah gedmac66, I did start to photograph my mech warrior, but I was having a hard time getting some good pic's.....I'll post those soon when I go to another location or two. Until then, here a a couple:

IMG_1356_zpsdwjlirxp.jpg

IMG_1354_zpsfikls8ci.jpg

IMG_1343_zpsk56oujz2.jpg

Thanks again for checking out my work !

That mech warrior is awesome! How tall is it?

Thanks Joe, that was my first ever scrap built. It's about 18-20" tall and made up of pvc fittings, foam board, flashlight parts, plastic shims, cordless mouse, pc speakers, balsa wood and a ton of scraps laying around. My only gripe is it turned out a little too monochromatic for me. I may give it a fresh paint job one day.

such an amazing x wing build. love it Pcoz!!

i dont think it looks over weathered. just right.
the lighting is amazing.
the base is unique and beautiful.

OMG!!

Your Mech blew me off far away!!(y)thumbsup

I was gonna make one of those but I gave up.
I'll never be able to make that impressive one like yours.

Can't wait to see more pics and videos!

katsu

OMG!!

Your Mech blew me off far away!!(y)thumbsup

I was gonna make one of those but I gave up.
I'll never be able to make that impressive one like yours.

Can't wait to see more pics and videos!

katsu

Thank you sir ! You would be great at building mechs ! Get on it after your battleship !

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back