Limited Run Complete Cockpit Replacement Set for DeAgostini and Hasbro Hero Millennium Falcon

UPDATE: I will seal the decals myself. The decals you receive with the set will already have a few layers of Tamiya gloss clear lacquer. For the people who has purchased this set and for any reason wish to print their own decals I can provide a link to download PDF or Illustrator version of the file free of charge.

Can you explain the assembly of the clear insert some? The brass is on the exterior of the insert, interior, or both? How much light bleed is there through the decals if the brass is on the exterior? I've been struggling with an idea for lighting the sidewalls and this seems to fix that.... do you have any shots of it in the cockpit tube being lit from behind that shows how well the light transfers?

Love what you've done here Gus!

Can you explain the assembly of the clear insert some? The brass is on the exterior of the insert, interior, or both? How much light bleed is there through the decals if the brass is on the exterior? I've been struggling with an idea for lighting the sidewalls and this seems to fix that.... do you have any shots of it in the cockpit tube being lit from behind that shows how well the light transfers?

The brass is on the interior of the insert, facing cockpit's interior. Not sure if it makes sense to apply it on the exterior, all the features would look blurred. So, the decals applied first on the brass and then brass is glued on to the insert. I will post some ideas on how to light the cockpit and how the sides are lit on Monday.

So, the idea is to light up the back of the insert under angle. Please see the drawing below (sorry, for the crappy drawing).The light will bounce off the internal walls of the cockpit cone and will light up the side walls of the clear insert. Please see the result on the right. I don't have the fully assembled version of the Millennium Falcon with this set, so just lighting it up with a flashlight.

light_bouncing_zpshvanteyv.jpg

Thanks for posting the explanation Gus. Just have to wait for a payment for a job now to order this, hehe....

Hi Gus,

Just wanted to let everyone know that I received my Cockpit Replacement kit this weekend and all I can say is WOW. It is amazing..

Gus, you did a great job. Overall impressions are great quality both in the etch metal and in the 3d work. I cant wait to star working on it.

Again, Thank you Gus...

Regards,

Alex

Hi,

Yes, this cockpit cone is made to resemble the ESB version which is proportionally longer than the cockpit cone of the 6 ft model made for ANH.

Thank you,
Gus

Happy to say that my first post ever on the RPF is to report that my order (and followup) was timely received and in great shape.

Thanks Gus

Geoff

People who purchased the cockpit set and have issues with decals, please let me know. I will ship you replacement decals free of charge. These replacement decals are much stronger and don't require clear coating.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back