RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
This project run is for a complete Millennium Falcon cockpit replacement set. The set is available in two versions – 1/43 scale for studio scale DeAgostini 32 inch Falcon and 1/48 scale for Hasbro Hero 29 inch Falcon. The set consists of the following parts:
- Cockpit cone that closely matches the original 32 inch filming miniature cone, with some internal side and top controls (SLA Printed/50micron)
- Platform with seats, pilots and a console (SLA Printed/50micron)
- Clear light conducting insert (SLA Printed/50micron)
- Door frame (SLA Printed/50micron)
- Photoetched parts - back and side walls, door, external grille to put around the cockpit and some extra grilles for the middle section of the top hull
- 2 sets of water slide decals printed on a high resolution printer
The set is available in two configurations - with the pilots and without.
The parts of the set:
Decal sheets and photo-etched brass parts:
The cockpit cone - view from inside:
The platform with the seats, pilots and the console:
The clear insert with the applied photo-etched parts and decals, and attached door frame (sorry for the lousy paint job on the door frame):
The platform with the seats, pilots and the console slides into the cone from the back. The clear insert allows not only for the back wall to be lit but also side walls. There is also a way to lit up the cockpit console with fiber optic strands.
The assembled cockpit:
The clear insert is attached to the existing structure of the corridor tube. I decided not to include the LEDs and mounting hardware with the set as there are so many different options to do that.
The price for the set with the pilots is $135 USD plus shipping and $125 USD plus shipping without the pilots. Please send the full amount to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please post in the notes (or description) what version of the cockpit do you need and your forum nickname. Please allow up to three weeks from the payment date for the set to be ready and shipped (Most likely will be much faster).
The shipping options are as follows:
$17 USD flat rate shipping for USA and Canada with insurance and tracking.
$22 USD overseas by airmail, 2 weeks delivery, no insurance, no tracking.
$45 USD overseas, 10 days guaranteed delivery with insurance and tracking.
A few notes on the set:
1. You will receive the SLA printed parts still attached to the supports:
You will need to cut of the supports and separate the parts from the platforms. You should end up with something like this:
2. A few coats of clear gloss lacquer need to be applied to decal sheets. If you don't do that the decals will be destroyed once you try to apply them. I recommend applying at least 4-5 coats.
UPDATE: I will seal the decals myself. The decals you receive with the set will already have a few layers of Tamiya gloss clear lacquer. For the people who has purchased this set and for any reason wish to print their own decals I can provide a link to download PDF or Illustrator version of the file free of charge.
3. As always, I recommend using UV blocking paints to prolong the live of the SLA printed parts. A regular paint also blocks the daylight effectively if applied consistently.
4. The SLA resin is only affected by a certain wavelength light - UV spector around 410nm which is presented in sunlight and daylight. It is not affected by a bright light of soft light LEDs.
5. You will need to paint the photo-etched parts white before applying the decals in order to keep the white color - the decals are "clear" and don't have white color.
6. You can change the thickness of the cockpit tube part where the long photo etched grille is applied. Glue in long styrene strips on the cockpit tube before gluing the photo etched strip.
Thank you for checking out my post.