Interest Comic Style Wolverine Claws

darkside501st

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I am checking to see if there is any interest in a run of comic style claws. I am planning on making both metallic and bone style comic claws where they come out of the metal ports on the back of the hand. These will be held in place in the same method as my other claws via the wires and grips. This method will allow you to wear the claws with or without gloves and will keep all three claws perfectly aligned vs mounting them on the glove which may allow them to move individually and will cause extra bulk on the back of the hand.

Price will be the same as my other sets as well, $95 for a set with resin grips and $105 for a set with metal grips. Shipping is separate, $6 within the US and $25 for international shipping. Each set includes 6 claws with wires and 2 grips. I do also offer a preassembly service which is custom fit to your measurements for $15. For more information on my claws and how to assemble them please see my main thread:
http://www.therpf.com/f75/dark-matt...p-metallic-bone-more-halloween-coming-159506/

It will take about 3-4 weeks to make these. I will be offering a 10% discount on the first 5 sets of each style. Let me know if you want to sign up.

Bone Style Claws:

Metallic Style 1:

Metallic Style 2:

Wolverine3.jpgwolverine-marvel-comics-37040118-1024-768.jpgX-Force-Wolverine-Marvel-Comics.jpgWolverine_007.jpg

Discounts will be given at the time of purchase in the order they are paid for. The order you are in on the interest list has no bearing on reserving a discount.

Interest Lists:

Metal Comic Claws:

Style 1:

1. kdflash
  2. fifthchamber
  3. Tjack
  4. damon5973
  5. Peek73

Style 2:

1. Tjack
  2. deadeyes702
  3. -
  4. -
  5. -

Bone Comic Claws:
  1. fraktilfilth
  2. -
  3. -
  4. -
  5. -

Last edited:
Interested pending pictures of the claws and ports on top of hands. I've been looking at your work on the variety of claws you produce for awhile now great work I might be interested in a set of metal grips by themselves if you sell those separate.

Interested pending pictures of the claws and ports on top of hands. I've been looking at your work on the variety of claws you produce for awhile now great work I might be interested in a set of metal grips by themselves if you sell those separate.

Yes, I sell the metal grips for $10. You can purchase them separately if you wish. I will add you to the interest list. The discount will apply to those that pay first just so we are clear. Stay tuned for the pictures.

Interested pending photos....Although I'm unlikely to be let down there...Heh...

I could use two pairs of the metal grips, since the plastic ones you sent last time have worn down and the square wires rotate now.....

Can I choose which type I'd like once both photos are shown? If so, I'm very likely down......

Interested pending photos....Although I'm unlikely to be let down there...Heh...

I could use two pairs of the metal grips, since the plastic ones you sent last time have worn down and the square wires rotate now.....

Can I choose which type I'd like once both photos are shown? If so, I'm very likely down......

Sure, I will put you down for the metallic claws and if you decide on the others I'll swap you over. I can set you up with the metal grips as well.

interested in metal ones pending pics - but I know your work is top notch :)

Thanks, I will put you down for a set.

I just posted some work in progress pictures in the first post. I decided to do two different style metallic claws inspired by the comics. So if you previously said you wanted metallic claws then you will now need to specify which style you like best or if you want both that is ok too. ;) The first style is the round skewer type claw but I put a little twist on it and made a sharpened edge toward the tip. Make sure to look for that. The second style is the katana type claw and since it is a blade type claw I wrapped the metal port over the knuckle to the front of the hand.

Take a look at the images and keep in mind that this is only the first stage in the manufacturing process. The claws still need to be sanded down quite a bit. I would like to get some feedback on the styles and shapes of the claws. Let me know what you like about them and if there is anything you don't like then feel free to offer some constructive criticism.

Looking good man :)

I may be in for a set of each depending on my funds situation when you are ready for payment. My preference is still the skewer style though.

Looking good man :)

I may be in for a set of each depending on my funds situation when you are ready for payment. My preference is still the skewer style though.

Did you mean a set of each of the three styles or a set of each metallic style. I can put your name on the other style(s) if you want. Let me know.

I just wanted to share some low res cell pictures of the comic style metallic claws. I will be making the bone style next. These were taken in my shop and there is a lot of light out there so it doesn't capture the metallic sheen as much as a directional light source.

I need to make a couple more molds and then I will start taking payments.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back