Unlimited Run Dark Matter Props - One Stop Claw Shop - Metallic, Bone, & More - Still taking orders

darkside501st

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Dark Matter Props - One Stop Claw Shop

I have been making props since 2006 and I have been sharing my work with people from all over the world since 2010. I have sent out quite a lot of props and consistently receive positive feedback. I stand behind the quality of my work to ensure that you get the best product I can give you. If you have any questions, before or after your purchase, please feel free to contact me. I am here to help and I want to make sure that all questions are answered and that every customer is happy with their purchase.

I am currently on the third generation of my claw design. I employ the same method that was used for the hero and stunt props with the claws attached to wires and then to a grip. You can see the wires in some of the promo shots they did. They are also fully adjustable so that they can be customized to fit different sized hands. This will minimize the amount of wire that is visible and any gaps that you may otherwise get with those generic pre-assembled claws. The height is adjusted by the location of the bend in the wire and the grips are adjustable via two screws which allow you to move the claws closer or farther away from your hand. It is best if you fit the claws to your hands yourself since that is the best way to get a perfect fit. I made a guide to show you how to assemble them in the video links at the top of the description.

Metallic Claws
I have designed my claws making them as screen accurate as possible. The 'XO' claws are 10 inches long (not including the tang/knuckle tab), 1 inch tall, and 1/4 inch wide. The 'TW-DOFP' claws are 10 inches long, 7/8 inch tall, and 1/4 inch wide. I have designed my 'Jr. Logan XO' and 'Laura' claws with the same style as the full size 'XO' claws while making them a little shorter, narrower, and not quite as tall. These claws are 9 inches long, 3/4 inch tall, and 3/16 inch wide. These are the perfect size for female costume enthusiast.

The claws are made from a tinted urethane plastic casting resin and cast with metallic powder and then sealed. The metallic powder is like a paint that is embedded in the surface of the resin so the cast still shows the texture of the original model. I was counting on this and so I gave it a brushed stainless steel type texture. The result is beautiful (note: these are not 'cold cast' made with real metal).

Bone Claws
My custom bone claws are about 10 inches long, 1 1/8 inches tall, and 2/8 - 3/8 inch wide due to the bone-like shape/texture. The Dark Offspring claws use the same style as the custom bone claws. The two main claws are about 10 inches long, 1 1/8 inches tall, and 2/8 - 3/8 inch wide due to the bone-like shape/texture. The third forearm claw is much longer but still about 1 1/8 inches tall and 2/8 - 3/8 inch wide.

Final Product Images:
Here are some hi-res images that my wife took of the claws. (Click the image below to go to the gallery. If there is an image in the gallery that you want to see at full resolution then right-click on image and select 'View Original').

XO Wolverine Claws - Screen Accurate - $95

TW-DOFP Wolverine Claws - Screen Accurate - $95

Wolverine Bone Claws - Screen Accurate - $95

Custom Wolverine Bone Claws - $95

Jr. XO Wolverine Claws - $75

Jr. Wolverine Bone Claws - Screen Accurate - $75

X23 Claws - $75

Dark Wolverine - Daken Claws - $95

Sabertooth-Werewolf Claws - $75

Hi-Def Videos of my claws:
(You can increase the resolution in the settings)

Assembly Instructions:

Maintenance Tips:

Some Designs:

Strength Demonstration:

Ordering:
A set of these claws will include 6 claws and 2 grips (your color choice - flesh tone, light brown, or dark brown). My claws now come with square wires! The XO, TX-DOFP, Bone, and Daken claws are $95 plus shipping. The X23 and Jr. Wolverine Claws are $75 plus shipping. Tax is included for RPF members only.

Fitting Service
I do also offer a fitting service where I will tailor fit and pre-assemble the claws for you. I will bend all the wires according to measurements that you provide me. Each claw and grip will be marked for it's location. The claws will be shipped in the disassembled form but putting them back together will be effortless. Once you reassemble the claws you will most likely have to do some minor adjustments to get the claws to look their best regarding the fit to your hand. If you get this service then I will show you what measurements I need.

The fitting service is $15.

Grip Options
You have the option to chose either resin or metal grips in two different sizes (small and large). The wire spacing on the small grips are about 39mm and the wire spacing on the large grips are about 46mm. Measure the space between your outer finger creases to determine which size will fit you best. See reference D on this image. The metal grips are sturdier, they hold the claws better by clamping down on the wire, and they will last longer than the resin grips. Plus the metal grips make the assembly process even faster and easier than with the resin grips.

The resin grips are included or you can upgrade to the metal grips for $10.

Additional Options
I also offer extra individual claws for sale. Some people may want to buy a few extra claws at the time of purchase and save on shipping costs since I combine shipping on multiple purchases. Some may need to come back and purchase a claw as a replacement. In any case, if you want to add some extra claws on to your order or if you need to get a replacement claw for a set you already purchased then just send me a custom order request (link located under the images above).

Extra claws are $15 for the full size claws and $13 for the smaller claws.

Shipping:
Shipping is not included with the above prices and will be calculated based on your location.

When you are ready to order, post in this thread then send me a PM.

Also, I will only send the claws to the address listed on your PayPal account so make sure it is the correct shipping address before you pay the invoice.

In order to keep things simple and organized, I will make the claws and ship them out in the order that I receive payments.

If you have any questions, feel free to send me a PM (Private Message) or you can post them in this thread and I will get to them ASAP.

I will no longer be listing the purchases on the thread. All inquiries and updates regarding your purchase will be handled through email and/or Private Messages.

Disclaimer: Though the claws have no sharpened edge, they come to a semi-sharp point (such as that found on a plastic fork) and should be used with caution. The claws are for decorative purposes only.

Dark Matter Forge, Dark Matter Props, DarkMatterProps.com, it owners, managers, and the person or persons financially, physically, partially or wholly involved in the intended operations of Darkmatterprops.com and any other related social media and/or retail sites can and will hereby be referred to in the plural sense such as "us," or "we". We are not liable for any damages, direct or coincidental, to any person or property, resulting from misuse of the products we sell. Misuse is defined as using our products for any purpose other than that which is described "for decorative purposes only" whether there are any alternative purposes expressed or implied.

We are not endorsed by Marvel Entertainment, DC comics, Darkhorse comics, Lucasfilms, Walt Disney Studios, BVS Entertainment, Universal Studios, Warner Brothers Studios, Bethesda Softworks, or any other entertainment company or their affiliates are not authorized. We are not affiliated in any way, nor do we by fact or inference imply to hold any rights or authorization, rights of association or sponsorship or endorsement of the use of any copyrights or trademarks as held by any individuals, or companies mentioned or pictured in association with any offer, including, but not limited to the aforementioned entities or their affiliates. We do not have permission to use any trademarks or copyrighted materials. We are not aware of any infringements against copyright holders existing on this web space. If it is believed that we have violated any agreements please contact us and our webmaster will make necessary revisions as soon as possible, granted your concerns are of a valid and verifiable nature.

The products we make are our original creations, and are not to be construed as perfect replicas of any props or artistic creations from any film, comic, and/or game. Any exact likeness to a patented or copyrighted object relating to Iron Man, X-Men, Fallout, or any other movie, comic, and/or game is strictly unintentional. We use our own design templates. We may sometimes refer to our props as "screen accurate". This term is offered at face value, and should not be interpreted in any way such as to contradict any of the above statements.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Darkside501st's Wolverine Claws Run

You forgot to post a price bub

Yeah, I was waiting till I got the final pics up since this is only an interest thread. However, the price really won't change so I guess it won't hurt to post it now. I updated the opening post with the price.

I made the mold box last night and got everything ready for part 1 of the 2 part mold. I have to pick up some more silicone this afternoon and I will be pouring part 1 when I get home then maybe part 2 before I go to bed. It is supposed to cure for 4 hours before part 2 goes on. Here are some pics:

Last edited:

I am looking into the possibility of using a metallic powder instead of paint. It could provide a more realistic and durable finish.

If anyone's on the fence, Darkside501st is an easy guy to deal with and everything I've ever seen made by him is of the utmost quality. You can't go wrong getting something from him!

Thanks man, loved the pics on facebook of your Iron Man. I can't wait to see more.

Ok well I am a little bummed... it turns out that I don't have enough silicone rubber on hand so I am going to have to order some more before I can proceed. I searched everywhere in town and I can't find any place that carries mold making and casting supplies in large enough quantities to matter. I will place the order tonight but it probably won't get here till Monday or Tuesday.

I also decided to try out the metallic powders and see how I like them. So, I will show you all some pics and let you know what I think in a few days.

I've seen your work in person and everything I've ever seen has been spot on! Can't wait to see how these turn out.

I've seen your work in person and everything I've ever seen has been spot on! Can't wait to see how these turn out.

Thanks Sam, were gonna have to get together again soon so I can show you my latest project. ;)

Interested. When are you looking at having them completed and ready to ship?

Interested. When are you looking at having them completed and ready to ship?

I should be able to ship them out first week of October. That is one reason why I am only taking a few orders before Halloween. Your name has been added to the list. Thanks.

Hopefully my order will come in today so I can continue molding.

OMG, I just got an email from Smooth-On saying that my order shipped out yesterday... I ordered it last Friday! I was starting to wonder why it hadn't come in yet. It says the expected delivery is next Wednesday. Brother. Why didn't it ship out on Monday!?!

Well, I will keep you guys posted. I am sure I can still get a few sets out in time for Halloween.

Looks like a good pair of Wolverine claws try making a Freddy krueger glove next.

Looks like a good pair of Wolverine claws try making a Freddy krueger glove next.

Lol, that would freak out my wife. She has an unreal fear of Freddy.

Ok, Yeah! My stuff came in today... finally. So I poured the first part of the 2-part mold. After it cures then I will pour the 2nd part tomorrow night. And then I will be casting a set of claws with the metallic powder this weekend and showing everyone the finished results. Then if you guys want your claws I will be collecting payments and starting the run. More info this weekend.

Here are some pics:

i'd definitely be interested but i want to see the finished product and how it looks on a hand first. so i guess you can put me in the after halloween list?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back