Done / Completed Closed

Re: Obi Wan ANH Saber Crystal Chamber Kit ( update 1/21/16 plz read post # 474 )

I painted the ring that goes on the grenade. I think it looks better that way when opened. The aqua crystal is awesome but was a nightmare to get glued in. I think I might have ruined it and may try to replace it. It looks okay in the pics but up close it looks like the superglue damaged it. I tried everything else. I also wanted more of the crystal showing so I think I will try and find another one. It was only like $5. I think once I find the right crystal and get a better clamp along with the re-threaded booster this thing will be epic.

Collection%20purge%20079.jpg

Collection%20purge%20092.jpg

Collection%20purge%20095.jpg

Re: Obi Wan ANH Saber Crystal Chamber Kit ( update 1/21/16 plz read post # 474 )

Or you could put a crystal on the other side as well and have a dual crystal chamber with the two meeting in the center. That would be nice!

Or you could put a crystal on the other side as well and have a dual crystal chamber with the two meeting in the center. That would be nice!

:eek I like that idea.

Tom

Tom looks awesome!!
Like the idea also about the two crystals,,' maybe Tom can be in charge of ordering the crystals for all of us !!! Lol
Mars

Tom looks awesome!!
Like the idea also about the two crystals,,' maybe Tom can be in charge of ordering the crystals for all of us !!! Lol
Mars

:angry

Actually I got lucky with this one. It is really hard to tell online. I need to go someplace they have crystals and see them in person.

Tom

If you fancy being brave, you could try what I did- instead of painting I filed the ring and then blemished with Aluminum Black (recommended on Roman's site). It matches my weathered grenade perfectly. Probably no second chances going down that route though!!! I had to file the ring down to fit through my clamp (not from Roman and doesn't have lettering) which was tighter than the original.

Sabers are looking sweet! Did I read you were working on a rear chamber or did I imagine that?

Hey Spirit. I see on the list that Im still on hold although I sent you my address. Hope everything is ok and the list is just outdated.

Looks like mine is not fitting my booster either :(.... I'll see if I can find a small enough Allen key to undo the set screw so that I can try and take the bottom half apart....

I can't find an Allen key small enough so it looks like I'll be sending my entire assembly back as well since time is of the essence... I should be able to post thus weekend...

Everything fits on this end! I just need to make a trip to the store the get some batteries and a few other things to finish this install. One quick question: I got the non-FX version and I was wondering how folks are attaching the sink knob to the booster with the bolt. I was going to pick up some washers to keep the bolt from slipping through the booster but maybe there is another way. I'm pretty pumped so far!

I got the non-FX version and I was wondering how folks are attaching the sink knob to the booster with the bolt. I was going to pick up some washers to keep the bolt from slipping through the booster but maybe there is another way. I'm pretty pumped so far!

That's what I did. I bought a 2" bolt and a 3/4" washers. I actually used some of those same size washers on the other side as well to create some extra space so the bolt didn't poke through the emitter quite so much when using the 2 1/2" bolt that was provided. Worked pretty perfectly.

That's what I did. I bought a 2" bolt and a 3/4" washers. I actually used some of those same size washers on the other side as well to create some extra space so the bolt didn't poke through the emitter quite so much when using the 2 1/2" bolt that was provided. Worked pretty perfectly.

I ended up doing pretty much the same thing. I put a few washers on the emitter end, too :cool. I can't find the 2050 batteries for the life of me. I may just grab some from Amazon but that means I have to wait longer to get this thing up and running :cry.
On the plus side, I can't wait to start weathering this thing! I also have a cigar box that I want to convert into a chest/display stand. Everything is coming together nicely.

Sabers are looking sweet! Did I read you were working on a rear chamber or did I imagine that?
Yes sir :)

For the batteries, if you have a Bestbuy, radio shack or batteries plus, Walmart around you they have them there

Last edited:

Mine is on the way back to you.

PM with tracking inbound.

Tom

Look for CR2025 batteries that is what I am using and they work fine. You will need 2 batteries

I ordered 2050s on eBay but I've been using the 2025s with no problem after you mentioned those. Just got the soldering iron today and reattached one of the wires so now the button works again. Thinking of tracking down a blue crystal piece.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back