Limited Run CLOSED: Kylo Ren CNC aluminium ultra accurate Saber

This time there will be the option for an empty, a painted, or a painted and wired saber. The sabers them selves will all have the same parts fully machined. No a la carte machined parts.

If the plugs can be included in the machining and keep the costs under control I will 100% consider making this a part of the run.

If I could make a suggestion, it would also be very helpful when starting the new run to go ahead and get a mockup of the revised design at its new scale 3D printed and photographed next to one of the current run to clearly show the differences. I'm sure that 3D print could then be sold in the JY for no loss.

If I could make a suggestion, it would also be very helpful when starting the new run to go ahead and get a mockup of the revised design at its new scale 3D printed and photographed next to one of the current run to clearly show the differences. I'm sure that 3D print could then be sold in the JY for no loss.

I agree fully :D

Once the files are finished I will be getting it printed and will do the comparisons and such 1:1 with the CNC saber.

Okay I know you are not taking names but I am so excited I can not wait.

I'm in for a V2 fully finished for static empty display. I assume painted will include the red wire but wired is for FX???

I was so hoping you guys would do this,

You go straight to the top of Santa's nice list.

Kind of a bummer for those of us that stuck with the first run...

how so even the v1's are a beautiful piece of artwork! if you have yours in hand and list to sell i see if moving very fast! just look at the professional paint job the shop is doing. out standing piece if i say so myself

Kind of a bummer for those of us that stuck with the first run...
From what I understand, almost all of the fan created Ren sabers were designed too small. Some have created revised versions.

Unfortunately issues like that come with buying fan created props that are pretty much just based on photos. The real props from TFA or R1 are not available for fans to measure. Being able to take accurate measurements is a big advantage for licensed companies. Some of the fan created designs end up pretty close, but it's hard to get every measurement and detail right without handling the original prop.

Measurements for OT items are much more known because examples of many of those props have made it into collectors hands. Also knowing when real world items were used helps tremendously.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

What exactly is the size difference? You say slight difference in the grip section....1.5 vs 1.4375 slight or 1.5 vs 1.75 slight, etc. Does that mean you pretty much got the length then?

AFX will surely be ready to take a bunch of finishing orders for this. I'm absolutely positive about this.

What I found a bit troublesome last time was the number of different options that were available. with the base version and the additional machined components. We did this as a way to bring more people in and to save costs but in the end it ended up costing us. The logistics of separating orders was a nit of a nightmare, and it's amazing it was pulled off flawlessly. also with 3 parts needed to be cast, it means a lot of work for Scott to cast these.

This time there will be the option for an empty, a painted, or a painted and wired saber. The sabers them selves will all have the same parts fully machined. No a la carte machined parts.

If the plugs can be included in the machining and keep the costs under control I will 100% consider making this a part of the run.

This sounds great! I think now that people have seen the excellent work that this first saberr turned out to be they will be willing to invest in all these little nice details. I can't imagine the machined plugs adding to the cost too much where it is a deal breaker. For me it's just added incentive to have the ultimate replica. I really like your plan this time around as well it seems much more streamlined for you and us.

For those bummed out about the first run. Like others have said it's still a gorgeous piece. I plan on using it for light dueling when in cosplay now that I know a V2 is coming out. The v2 will definelty be my show piece. Can't wait!

Thanks for the words Brian!

I really really wanted to wait some for the V2 but a few new people saying they were going to release the V1 in news runs really caused me to jump forward. However if we look at the timelines for saber runs, just because it's being talked about now doesn't mean it's going to be out next month.

We're talking about machinist start around December. Likely 2-3 months until the sabers are shipping. March timeframe.

The files are finished now, and I've got them heading to the first machinist for quotes. Hope to know something next week about pricing.

I will get the entire thing printed out and everyone can see what it looks like vs the V1.

The redesign of the way it's built together will make it do it's not possible to V1's to buy specific parts to make the core sections more accurate.

also as suggested in a few places I will see about getting a quote for stainless steel quillion to let people do the accurate heat coloration on the quillion. Will see if it's possible to do it this way.

What exactly is the size difference? You say slight difference in the grip section....1.5 vs 1.4375 slight or 1.5 vs 1.75 slight, etc. Does that mean you pretty much got the length then?

It is hard to describe the size increase, the lower section is bigger, but overall length is about the same.

KRCNC V2 001.jpgKRCNC V2 002.jpgKRCNC V2 003.jpgKRCNC V2 005.jpgKRCNC V2 006.jpgKRCNC V2 007.jpgKRCNC V2 render3.jpgKRCNC V2 render23.jpg

This time the clip will be a part of the saber kit.

It is hard to describe the size increase, the lower section is bigger, but overall length is about the same.

View attachment 675676View attachment 675677View attachment 675678View attachment 675679View attachment 675680View attachment 675681View attachment 675682View attachment 675683

This time the clip will be a part of the saber kit.

Nice Work!!!!!!
I absolutely love my V1, and I'll be on the list for the V2 as well!!l It will be nice to have both! Nice upgrades. I just can't tell you how happy I am with the first one though, and I'll never get rid of it... Thanks DD, Going to start my finishing today, So hard to cover up the sweet aluminum. Might be cool to polish it,
AL

Nice Work!!!!!!
I absolutely love my V1, and I'll be on the list for the V2 as well!!l It will be nice to have both! Nice upgrades. I just can't tell you how happy I am with the first one though, and I'll never get rid of it... Thanks DD, Going to start my finishing today, So hard to cover up the sweet aluminum. Might be cool to polish it,
AL

great feedback, it's pretty amazing to be on someones most prized props list!

Great. Now, do I stick with my v1 even though its still off being painted or sell it and go for a v2? Hmmm.

Thanks for the words Brian!

I really really wanted to wait some for the V2 but a few new people saying they were going to release the V1 in news runs really caused me to jump forward. However if we look at the timelines for saber runs, just because it's being talked about now doesn't mean it's going to be out next month.

We're talking about machinist start around December. Likely 2-3 months until the sabers are shipping. March timeframe.

The files are finished now, and I've got them heading to the first machinist for quotes. Hope to know something next week about pricing.

I will get the entire thing printed out and everyone can see what it looks like vs the V1.

The redesign of the way it's built together will make it do it's not possible to V1's to buy specific parts to make the core sections more accurate.

also as suggested in a few places I will see about getting a quote for stainless steel quillion to let people do the accurate heat coloration on the quillion. Will see if it's possible to do it this way.

Put me on the interest list ya jerk.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back