Clone Wars spin off “The Bad Batch” series discussion thread

Another good one!

Are Hunter's facial markings supposed to be a tattoo or makeup? Because it looks partially worn off, which a tattoo wouldn't.
I think it always looked like that. To me it looks like some sort of non traditional tattoo process. Like some sort of SWU type of pigment coloring that works like you might apply like make up but permanent. I think it is suppose to look similar to something done by hand like the type of process they did for customizing their armor.

Another good one!

Are Hunter's facial markings supposed to be a tattoo or makeup? Because it looks partially worn off, which a tattoo wouldn't.
I always took them to be a tattoo. I wonder, we know that Tattoos will fade with time in real life, especially the problem quick and dirty Tattoos a soldier would get during war, would the Clones accelerated aging increase that fading process? They grow and age twice as fast as regular humans, perhaps that might contribute to his Tattoo fading.

I can’t be the only one left watching every week. I loved last weeks episode and I’m really enjoying the storyline and pacing. I’m excited to see how everything unfolds in the next few episodes.

Also I am SO FREAK’IN HAPPY to see Asajj Ventress back in action. She’s one of my favorite characters to come out of ‘The Clone Wars’ and honestly I like her better than Ahsoka or Rex or any of the clones. I hope we see her again this season and I’d love for her to still be around in the Mando/Ahsoka timeline for a live-action debut.

I want to see all the Asajj Ventress cosplays this summer/fall from all the Cons and new Ventress merch and action figures. I never got her double red sabers but I’d be down for a single yellow one.

This is the final season for BB? If so I don't think they would have brought her back if they don't have another cartooned planned that will have her in it after BB ends.

I can’t be the only one left watching every week. I loved last weeks episode and I’m really enjoying the storyline and pacing. I’m excited to see how everything unfolds in the next few episodes.

Also I am SO FREAK’IN HAPPY to see Asajj Ventress back in action. She’s one of my favorite characters to come out of ‘The Clone Wars’ and honestly I like her better than Ahsoka or Rex or any of the clones. I hope we see her again this season and I’d love for her to still be around in the Mando/Ahsoka timeline for a live-action debut.

I want to see all the Asajj Ventress cosplays this summer/fall from all the Cons and new Ventress merch and action figures. I never got her double red sabers but I’d be down for a single yellow one.
Speaking of sabers, I believe its either a modified one from the ones seen on TCW, or just the saber but properly updated to the more modern style animation?

Older (TCW):
1712092877225.png

New (TBB):
1712092869711.png

They do share a lot of similarities.

No sir, you are not the only one, but as for me, it's simply not worth trying to share discussions here anymore.

Still watching and still loving it. As I have said many times in this thread, ever since they introduced the clone troopers, I wanted to know what ever became of them. And then when I saw the events of Order 66, I also became curious on how they felt about their role. This series does not disappoint.

This is the final season for BB? If so I don't think they would have brought her back if they don't have another cartooned planned that will have her in it after BB ends.
Yes, it has be well publicized that this is the final season.

The official site ( "The Harbinger" Episode Guide | Star Wars: The Bad Batch ) has this to say:

Fans of Star Wars novels may be familiar with the fact that Asajj seemingly meets her demise in the novel Star Wars: Dark Disciple, which was based on unproduced scripts from Star Wars: The Clone Wars. In a statement to StarWars.com, supervising director Brad Rau said “We don't want to spoil anything, but want fans to know that any new storytelling with Ventress will align with the events of Star Wars: Dark Disciple.” Ventress’ final line in this episode — “I’ve got a few lives left” — seems to indicate there’s more to her return in Star Wars: The Bad Batch than we yet know.

To me (in my opinion), that sounds like there is some sort of plan for more Ventress either in remaining episodes of Bad Batch or some other story.

I like when they change the mood/tone from time to time. Ep 10 was like that episode of CW concurrent with Order 66: atmospheric sounds more than a score.

Why should Hemlock have to kiss Tarkin's butt? His project is for the Emperor himself. Surely Palps would have instructed Tarkin to keep it funded and to not ask questions.

I think Tarkin is one of those people within the Empire that wouldnt like the project, so Hemlock is stuck in the middle.

Why should Hemlock have to kiss Tarkin's butt? His project is for the Emperor himself. Surely Palps would have instructed Tarkin to keep it funded and to not ask questions.
They're leads on competing projects and fighting for the same funding. I'm sure Tarkin would love to either take Hemlock out, or absorb his role to position himself better. Hemlock is just playing that political game that that situation needs.

Edit: link to timecode discussing this:

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back