Clone Wars spin off “The Bad Batch” series discussion thread

I have no problem with the emperor cloning himself, the way they went about it with snoke… heh… that’s my problem

Wish they would just forget about connecting this stuff…

Honestly can’t believe with all the backlash all the upper ups are still pushing this..

I have no problem with the emperor cloning himself, the way they went about it with snoke… heh… that’s my problem

Wish they would just forget about connecting this stuff…

Honestly can’t believe with all the backlash all the upper ups are still pushing this..
They should follow their own advice and just let it die.

I'm not happy about The Bad Batch connecting to sequel-era lore. That is not my Star Wars.

I know very well that the idea of a clone emperor was taken from the olde EU, but still.
I agree, but that's what all the D+ series are doing, so we have to either live with it or not watch. I'm not at the second option yet, but it could happen!

I'm honestly more grouchy that they're contradicting what they said back in 2015 about how everything is all one level of canon going forward and there won't be any conflicts... Well, I remember in that early new-canon era it being a thing that Vader's 501st during the OT era were all still Jango clones, the last unit to be so. This anti-clone sentiment thing is a new development and feels like it grinds against that bit of lore in a bad way.

I'm honestly more grouchy that they're contradicting what they said back in 2015 about how everything is all one level of canon going forward and there won't be any conflicts... Well, I remember in that early new-canon era it being a thing that Vader's 501st during the OT era were all still Jango clones, the last unit to be so. This anti-clone sentiment thing is a new development and feels like it grinds against that bit of lore in a bad way.
That was just a statement. It's becoming more clear that there is still a canon hierarchy. Movies and TV shows at the top. With licensed material being lower. Just like it was under George. I wouldn't be surprised if the Acolyte has continuity clashes with the High Republic project.

I would really need to see the source material to which you are referring and what exactly it said. I have found that over the years, fan tend to interpret very general and vague comments into unsubstanciated rigid and strict facts. Not that they are doing it on purpose. They read or hear something and their minds processes into something that becomes more than what it is. But I don't know if that is happening here without seeing the material. Did they say OT, or was it simply the period after the Clone Wars under the Empire? Because it could simply be that Vader was the last to utilize Clones. If he did transition to regular troopers, it really is not a conflict.

On the other side of the coin, I really think it's ridiculous to include anything not movie or series into canon. They should treat as just additional entertainment that fills in holes until something better comes along, I don't find the information in novels and comics particularly interesting in most cases (and this is coming from a man who named his daughter Mara Jade). I appreciate that LFL has made strives to attempt to keep all of their new canon consistent but I on the other hand have no ill will if they want to blow it out of the water.

Last edited:
By definition, anything from a future episode is still a spoiler, even if Disney already spoiled it themselves.
Anyway, I've said my piece.

Last edited:
So I’m missing or forgot something… what are the clones and crosshair doing in the hallways.. is it explained what they are doing or why they are moving? They don’t look excited..

Another good one!

Are Hunter's facial markings supposed to be a tattoo or makeup? Because it looks partially worn off, which a tattoo wouldn't.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back